Author Topic: Blue vs. Green shirts under turn-out gear  (Read 12904 times)

Offline BundyBear

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Blue vs. Green shirts under turn-out gear
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »
Just wanted to see what everyone thinks in regards to blue or green t-shirts.

I know CFS HQ are keen on the horrible green but every brigade I know have been wearing blue and are keen to keep wearing blue with the star and not the gay CFS logo.

I even know some brigades which have gone ahead with their own blue long shirts and cargo pants, which I must add look pretty smart. With the attitude "Until CFS stick their hands in their pockets and supply us a station uniform we will be wearing this!"

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
Re: Blue vs. Green shirts under turn-out gear
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
They just want to look like the mets, especially with the fire & rescue on the back in blue :lol:
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Baxter

• ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:30:16 PM »
I think the green is good to look at who wants to look like another service some may say it it is a form of jealousy. It was recently pointed out to us that the shirt are not covered by the uniform policy and can't we worn with our ppc
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Offline joff

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:38:38 PM »
The blue long sleeve level 1 shirts purchased by some brigades does meet the requirements because they are worn as a level 1 shirt in place of a structure jacket at incidents that do not require them ie: mva rescue, grass fires, getting cats out of trees.

Offline jason

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »
They just want to look like the mets, especially with the fire & rescue on the back in blue :lol:

:-D Believe it or not 80% of fire-fighters around the world wear the blues, not just little old Adelaide MFS...

Darren

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
The new field uniform shirts are proban treated so there would be NO reason they couldn't be worn.

Offline BundyBear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 06:34:34 AM »

Ah because people like blue they want to be like the MFS, a little bit narrow minded one might say.

The reason they like blue is that it is generally associated with fire fighters uniforms being blue, green is usually associated with Ambulance services/ medical and I'm not talking about just little Adelaide.

Also there is no MFS envy (maybe a little truck envy) as stated as some are paid firies and the rest joke that fire services don't pay enough!

:-D

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »
Blue and green is like khaki to yellow, which do you prefer.

As for fire truck envy, simple its gotta be RED :-D

What colour was a firetruck when you were a kid....RED, unless you were a Gen Y baby :lol: :-P
Images are copyright

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
I think the green is good to look at who wants to look like another service some may say it it is a form of jealousy.

As Bundy said, if we wear green we'll look like SAAS, if we wear blue we'll look like SAMFS.  Wouldn't it be better to look like a fire service?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »
Maybe we could get white shirts to wear under our PPE....!   :evil:

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline BundyBear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 02:00:14 PM »

Pip

He he he!!!

Nice Pip I remember coming back from a show and on the way home my pager went off for a structure fire so I had a white dress shirt on under my gear that shirt then entered the rag box in the shed!

:-D

Darren

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »

Pip

Well we can't wear yellow one's , just ask the woman of the RFS....you can see more than you want to.

Offline Baxter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
Well maybe all colours have a draw back to them but I can't see a problems in having both colours like we use green under our ppc and blue for station and promotion wear.

but if you insist on having one colour for all why not red goes well with the flashing on the truck hi viz at night and good for playing devils advocate at other times  :evil:

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 07:00:37 AM »
More to the point,how about CFS just get there scheiße together and issue level 1 shirts to everyone... costly yes. But it could fix other PPC issues involving PBI and rural responses.

By the way, blue v green v pink... who really cares, but why would you want MFS/CFS/DEH crews all looking the same? Its nice to be able to work out where someone is from by looking at uniforms.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 08:13:48 AM »
By the way, blue v green v pink... who really cares, but why would you want MFS/CFS/DEH crews all looking the same?

I care.  No matter how much you want to differentiate between CFS/SAMFS/DEH I still wouldn't want to wear pink. Surely you're not serious?

Offline senti@nt

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »
Personally I'd rather see MFS and CFS have the same colour shirts since we're all on the same team if/when we head off interstate and if/when we dual turnout back home.

Rather looking like the motley crew (blue/green/grey/pink/tiedye/add description here) that we (CFS) presented ourselves through Melbourne airport enroute to the Vic Fires.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:44:56 AM »
By the way, blue v green v pink... who really cares, but why would you want MFS/CFS/DEH crews all looking the same?

I care.  No matter how much you want to differentiate between CFS/SAMFS/DEH I still wouldn't want to wear pink. Surely you're not serious?

How about Baby Blue then? Blue but we can distinguish agencies still.... i also like the suggestion of tiedye from senti@nt.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 09:02:03 AM »
We'd look too much like cops ;)

Offline Baxter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:50 AM »
Zippy is that good cops or bad cops what za gonna b

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 09:41:06 AM »
definately bad mate! ;)

Offline Pixie

• Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
I like Dark Blue.. heaps easier to keep "clean"

and to those that say MFS have blue - they have a rather dark blue, much darker than the unofficial blue that most CFS members seem to have adopted
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 09:00:17 AM »
Dear CFS Member,

The CFS Field Uniform is currently manufactured solely for CFS use.

It has been suggested that off the shelf clothing such as 'King Gee' or Hard Yakka' is used instead.

The Chief Officer is now seeking feedback on how many people actually have or use the current Field Uniform and what the preferred colour should be.

To gain the maximum amount of volunteer feedback a simple survey has been prepared which should only take a minute of your time to complete. It can be found on the following link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFS-Field-Uniform-Survey

Your input to the survey is appreciated.

This survey has been authorised by the CFS Chief Officer.

Regards,
Arthur Tindall AFSM
CFS Manager Infrastructure and Logistics

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »
I like the green it makes us look distinctive and look as good as blue, if you want to look like the met's go buy some red spray cans and paint ya truck. As for being on the same team, we are two different services with the same goal that doesn't mean we have to look the same. Any way the colour green has been associated with the CFS for a long time.I like looking different esspecial since the general metro populis and some country seem to think that we are part of the met's already, And to anyone who thinks it makes us look like ambos I got a pair of specs for ya.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:31:56 AM by Sarge »

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »
I think the green is good to look at who wants to look like another service some may say it it is a form of jealousy.

As Bundy said, if we wear green we'll look like SAAS, if we wear blue we'll look like SAMFS.  Wouldn't it be better to look like a fire service?

Have to disagree there, Some countries have blue fire appliance does that make them look like police cars, no, so CFS wearing green won't make us look like SAAS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »

Have to disagree there, Some countries have blue fire appliance does that make them look like police cars, no, so CFS wearing green won't make us look like SAAS

So why does wearing blue make us look like SAMFS?