Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

Interesting techniques being taught

(1/7) > >>

Darren:
I have been told by people that the RCR upskills are being taught than rather than cut the B pillar in new cars to ram it, whilst this is interesting, and has a low success rate, is the CFS looking to upgrade the cutters or will they stick with the sub standard kit and just teach this?

rescue5271:
Darren, you are sort of correct I did the RCR upskill today and another way is to do a roofline V shape relief cut near the top of the B pillar then use the RAM worked well and one of our brigade's in this region did  it not long ago and worked well. Mate CFS would need to get lots of MONEY to up date all 70+ RCR brigades with new gear and this is not going to happen over night. They still have brigades who's gear is pre 2000 and should be updated first.... We have along way to go and I am sure we will get there....

Darren:
I was just wondering why when they get new gear they don't go for the gear that can perform the task. Of course I understand it won't happen over night, but you have to start somewhere. The latest Lukas gear doesn't seem to perform much better than a basic set of RIV.

crossy:
hmm i disagree the new lukas equipment i used at STC would kill our old gear and the free flow couplings are much quicker to change tools and not to mention not having to have a pump operator. new dosen't have to mean more power, more efficent is better in my books..

rescue5271:
The Lukas gear the STC have is the latest and works well we run lukas 2000 in Naracoorte and have never had a problem with it. As a rescue officer you have to have 2 if not 3 plans and that is what it is all about. Its not a matter of changing the cutter and spreaders you also have to change the pump and the couplings and at the momnet a full new RCR set is around $50,000 +

If you talk to a number of CFS RCR brigades tey all have their own choice of gear Lukas does have a bigger cut over Holmatro. In time I guess when funding is around we wil see the new gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version