Author Topic: Incident Stats  (Read 21368 times)

Offline COBB

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Incident Stats
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
Last season's Incident Stats have been uploaded to http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/news_display.asp?HeadLine_ID=862

Are these stats used for anything like funding or allocation of equipment etc?
Or are they purely for information only?

Are descrepancies between brigades figures and HQ figures the norm or the exception? Looking at my own brigades figures over the last couple of years they  differ on average between 15%-20%, always with the brigade figure higher. Are some types of calls not counted?

Cheers
COBB

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Incident Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
The differances between brigade and HQ stats could be either due to reports not submitted, lost somewhere along the way or not entered properly at HQ.

The interenet stats at Pips site, although useful dont seem to be one hundred percent accurate, and for some reason all changed recently. Previous years stats took a dive?

A brigade i was with for 08/09 did smack on 100 incidents, yet the site reads 67... bit strange. Brigade i am currently with is showing 4 less for last year than our brigade records also.

So lets hope theyre not used for funding!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:22:53 AM by Alex »

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »
same for our brigade we nearly always seem to show 4-10 calls below what we actually did
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »
ditto I reckon Al is spot on, we always do 4-10 calls more than HQ seem to record.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
All the stats on the site are directly from CFS HQ records....we don't do any manipulations of the data......but we can correct the data, if suplied by CFS HQ....

My own brigade is listed as a few less call on the data, than the brigade did....and I know we sent the incident reports in!!

Activity stats will be uploaded soon.   :-D

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
How can we really discuss accuracy when it comes to incident stats when we don't use AIRS correctly?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Darren

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »
Having worked at CFS entering these reports what you send doesn't always come out the other end correctly, and some brigades take the incident reporting to far, I remember one high turning out brigade sent in a report and I quote "I noticed the toilet window on the station was open, secured for secuirty" I mean come on !!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »
Having worked at CFS entering these reports what you send doesn't always come out the other end correctly, and some brigades take the incident reporting to far, I remember one high turning out brigade sent in a report and I quote "I noticed the toilet window on the station was open, secured for secuirty" I mean come on !!

Doesn't that make it an activity, not an incident......  :evil:
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »
i have noticed a brigade website that put down burnoffs, and silly things like that as callouts in their incident section.... :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:21:52 PM »
So lets hope theyre not used for funding!

Actually, I think they are, but only to an extent.  I think there's a threshold, (150 calls a year rings a bell), after which a brigade, (or group), gets more funding.  From memory it wasn't all that much though.  (Notice a pattern of uncertainty here?)

My brigade always gets short changed on the official tally too - I'm interested to know why there's a discrepancy...

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
ahhh really there only stats wouldnt it be good if every brigade was under 10 per year!

rescue5271

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
Nice to see that HQ cant get the stats right again,so the fax machine at HQ must eat the reports or they fall into a bin somewhere along the fax line.....

Darren

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
I often has reports come out black, or so crooked that they couldn't be read, or upside down, thats always a good one.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »
if you want to "fix" your stats so you can boost funding....go and see Kevin from SAAS - he's a comms manager but a whizz at fudging figures!!

rescue5271

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 05:06:08 PM »
Will be great once we see the online airs reporting being done from group bases...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 02:15:31 AM »
a trial started....2008??

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 07:35:57 AM »
Nice to see that HQ cant get the stats right again,so the fax machine at HQ must eat the reports or they fall into a bin somewhere along the fax line.....

When i worked there, there would be several reports a day faxed through upside down... Don't be too quick to always blame staff.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
haha mind you i remember getting the list for reports our brigade hadnt put in and there were a couple i had phoned through myself on there  :-P :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »
haha mind you i remember getting the list for reports our brigade hadnt put in and there were a couple i had phoned through myself on there  :-P :-D

How did you get the list?  Is that something HQ can provide?

Darren

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »
It used to come in a letter to the Captain do they not do this anymore?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 03:19:03 PM »
Didn't see any this year....but got the incident list a few years ago sent to Captains, via the GO...... but haven't seen any for some time....

Pip

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
we had one sent to our group early last year then passed down to brigades with dates and times of jobs that no reports had been recieved for.... havent seen one in the last 12 months
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
You can request one via the region....

pumprescue

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
You can always tell the brigades who to try make themselves look busy come June they call in 30-40 trees down to boost the figures...and yes just because you send a report in does not mean it meets any criteria for a firecall hence why your numbers may be lower.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
...and yes just because you send a report in does not mean it meets any criteria for a firecall hence why your numbers may be lower.

What criteria do you need to fulfill to make it a firecall?  Surely an appliance leaving the station to deal with an incident (regardless of what it is) would be considered a call?

anything