Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 635069 times)

Offline bolts

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
Lot of guys seem to be worried about the maths questions. All of the questions are multiple choice so the answer is there in front of you. Just have to make sure that you choose the correct one. Dont get hung up on one question. If you can't figure it out after a few minutes, move onto the next question. You want to make sure that you answer as many questions as possible so dont waste time on a question that you are finding hard. Best to move onto the others that you may know straight away. Haing said that, if you do reach the end of the test and you still have time, make sure you go back through your test and re-attempt the ones that you have missed.

wicky

« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
Just a curiosity here, why the obsession with the number of people failing/passing?

The less people the better the chances.  :roll:

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2011, 11:40:47 PM »
Just a curiosity here, why the obsession with the number of people failing/passing?

The less people the better the chances.  :roll:

Why not just study and train and thus make sure that no matter how many apply, you are in with a decent chance?

Its a selection process, not a lottery.

Relying on your own merits rather than attrition is certainly the best way to go about things, no?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »
I think most of us would be training and studying but the curiosty of knowing numbers is still there. Knowing that so many applied and a large drop in numbers just from the application to the Pat1 test is crazy (300 approx). Hearing and seeing people not turning up and some not cutting the 9.6, makes you wonder how bad these people wanted it. :? 8-) :-D

Monger

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
I think most of us would be training and studying but the curiosty of knowing numbers is still there. Knowing that so many applied and a large drop in numbers just from the application to the Pat1 test is crazy (300 approx). Hearing and seeing people not turning up and some not cutting the 9.6, makes you wonder how bad these people wanted it. :? 8-) :-D

At the end of the day they will still interview around 150 people so it's still tough.

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
That is correct and I will do my best to be part of the 150 as will everyone else, one would think.

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
Good luck to everyone who is doing there test next week. :-D

flyonthewall

« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »
Posted by: Scottie 

Good luck to everyone who is doing there test next week.

Good luck!  :?

flyonthewall

« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
Posted by: Scottie 

Good luck to everyone who is doing there test next week.

Good luck!

...... that basic mistake could make a big difference to your final score!

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
Yes that is true. Worked all long weekend, so this tells me to make sure I get a good night sleep so I can focus at a 100%.

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »
Good luck to everyone in the exam next week, my test is on Monday morning so spending the weekend with more study!  Just a quick question if anyone can help, I've been working on the 'Language' side and I'm concerned that some of the words i commonally use are spelt differently here- such as 'Humor' instead of 'Humour' and 'Color' instead of 'Colour' and 'Judgment' instead of 'Judgement'.  I've been using a Aus site for commonly misspelled words and it uses the US English Dictionary.  Please can anyone confirm if this is the case or if its the English Dictionary.  Sorry if I'm confusing anyone.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »
If it uses a US dictionary then you are going to get the US spelling. EG: Humor (US) vs Humour (Aus/UK)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Monger

« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
Good luck to everyone in the exam next week, my test is on Monday morning so spending the weekend with more study!  Just a quick question if anyone can help, I've been working on the 'Language' side and I'm concerned that some of the words i commonally use are spelt differently here- such as 'Humor' instead of 'Humour' and 'Color' instead of 'Colour' and 'Judgment' instead of 'Judgement'.  I've been using a Aus site for commonly misspelled words and it uses the US English Dictionary.  Please can anyone confirm if this is the case or if its the English Dictionary.  Sorry if I'm confusing anyone.

Make sure you look at the format for writing a report for an incident, when i did testing about 3 years ago we had to write a report.

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »
Thanks guys for the info, head about to explode! Off to put the kettle on, clock counting down.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
Hi Tammey, are you using stuff from the internet of library for your studying? Some employent agencies have trial questions. My mate goes on the Tuesday the 3rd and myself go on Thursday the 5th. So good luck. :-)

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »
Hi Tammey,

How did you go?  Tough going or smooth sailing?

Cheers,

Mikey

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »
Hi all, have heard that there is 506 people left doing the current test.  That is just over half of the people who first applied which is crazy I think. Also there could be two more intakes next year which will be taken from this intake so good luck.

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2011, 06:17:20 PM »
Hi Scottie,
Thanks for the tip on study material.  I was lucky enough to have some books i brought some time ago when i had to do a similar test, they really helped.  I also used two websites- www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm and www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm, for the practice tests.  Hope your friend did well yesterday and good luck for tomorrow.

Hi Mikey,
The test itself on English language, maths etc wasn't too bad though the psychological testing went on and on and on.  Now all i can do it wait....

Does anyone know how soon the results come out and if we receive them via post all email.

Good luck for all those still to be tested  :-D

Monger

« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
Hi Scottie,
Thanks for the tip on study material.  I was lucky enough to have some books i brought some time ago when i had to do a similar test, they really helped.  I also used two websites- www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm and www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm, for the practice tests.  Hope your friend did well yesterday and good luck for tomorrow.

Hi Mikey,
The test itself on English language, maths etc wasn't too bad though the psychological testing went on and on and on.  Now all i can do it wait....

Does anyone know how soon the results come out and if we receive them via post all email.

Good luck for all those still to be tested  :-D

I think it will take a few weeks before you hear anything because i believe the tests are sent away for processing.  I would presume they would only interview about 150 and rank 100 of those, going on what they have done previous years. They do not tell you any scores, only if you make it thru to next stage or not.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:39:00 AM by Ferret »

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2011, 12:42:30 AM »
Hi Tammey, no worries about the information. If I may ask you a question, did the question they asked in the test similar to the ones on the SAMFS site?

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
Thanks again Ferret!

Scottie,

The questions are similar but they get harder the further you get into the test.  The language ones and the maths one start pretty simple and then progressively get more difficult. :|  If you've done the study though you shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck.

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2011, 12:40:30 AM »
Well next stage is complete now just have to wait for a couple of weeks till I get an email with a yes or no. Could not get over the 544 questions you have to answer.  Well good luck to those still waiting to do the test and all the best to those that have already done the test.

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
So guys, how do you think you went in the testing? It was my first go and i was very nervous at the beginning but settled down after a bit. Hopefully we don't have to wait to long to get the results.

Offline hotfire

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »

Has anyone received their results of the exam yet?

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2011, 11:25:03 AM »
Not yet mate