Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 635102 times)

Offline gasman

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
Process only finished wed or thursday of last week, might have to wait just a little longer !!
I just want to help

Monger

« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
Process only finished wed or thursday of last week, might have to wait just a little longer !!

You dont get reults. You just get: come in for an interview or try again next time. At a guess i would say end of next week at the earliest to hear if you are thru to the next stage

Offline hotfire

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »

Oh ok. Thanks guys

Offline Gfoss

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »
Yeah like ferret said, we wont find out till at least the 27th i've been told.

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
Have been told the same the 27th or there abouts. Also they are working out next years intake so they can work out how many people they will take through to the interview. At a guess 25-30 people per 18 person course, to allow for people that don't make it past the interview or fail the Pat 2 test.

Monger

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Have been told the same the 27th or there abouts. Also they are working out next years intake so they can work out how many people they will take through to the interview. At a guess 25-30 people per 18 person course, to allow for people that don't make it past the interview or fail the Pat 2 test.

Pretty sure they will want to cab rank about 100 so will interview 150. Never heard of anyone failing the pat2 twice so very rare that this knocks anyone out. Very hard for MFS to calculate how many they need until people notify them of retiring. Just make sure you prepare for the interview, study up like it is an exam.

Offline disturbed

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
Just a quick question does any1 know roughly what the pass mark is to get through to the interview stage like do u need 100% on the tests that were just held?

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
Pretty sure they will want to cab rank about 100 so will interview 150. Never heard of anyone failing the pat2 twice so very rare that this knocks anyone out. Very hard for MFS to calculate how many they need until people notify them of retiring. Just make sure you prepare for the interview, study up like it is an exam.
[/quote]

Hi Ferret - can you offer any guidance on what we should know before going into the interview?

Monger

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2011, 04:19:17 PM »
Just a quick question does any1 know roughly what the pass mark is to get through to the interview stage like do u need 100% on the tests that were just held?

I think it will depend on how many they want to interview, so there wont really be a pass mark. They will just take the top say 150 from the testing. Because they couldnt really set a pass mark and interview 400 people

Monger

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »
Make sure you have answers and examples of the "Is firefighting for me?" questions from the SAMFS website. Know what a standard day at work consists of and what incidents firefighters may have to attend. Ask someone you know in the job or drop in to any station and someone will be more than happy to give you some info. Have some info or basic idea of the community programs run by the SAMFS( RAP and JFLIP).
What personal qualities do you have that will help at emergency situations?
Read thru the PID and know about how the shifts work, how will you benefit the fire service?

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »

Surely the psych test (are u the right fit for a firefighter) outweighs getting a few maths questions right or wrong. I have assumed they will look at this section of everyones test as a priority and then look to see if u did "ok" in the aptitude then if ur the right fit they will want to have a look at u in an interview.... Time will tell

Monger

« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2011, 06:33:35 AM »

Surely the psych test (are u the right fit for a firefighter) outweighs getting a few maths questions right or wrong. I have assumed they will look at this section of everyones test as a priority and then look to see if u did "ok" in the aptitude then if ur the right fit they will want to have a look at u in an interview.... Time will tell

Not sure how it works exactly because the MFS never tell you. But, yes you would have to be the suitable personality first. However they need to have some sort of ranking to cull the large numbers. From what ive heard the aptitude testing is also to see what "type of thinker" you are, not necessarily the smartest. Lets face it firefighting isnt rocket science, you need to be a practical thinker when it comes to operating the pumps on trucks and sorting thru different situations that arise at incidents. Plenty of people are book smart but have no idea when it comes to hands on jobs.
They also need to recruit people that reflect the diversity of the community, so people in minority groups have a better chance(in my opinion) 

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
A few years back the MFS had a test which was very hard. The problem was the people selected where not the best in the end for the job. They changed the test the next year. :-)
So as Ferret said it's about the type of thinker"

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone has said anything to you Ferret but thank you for your knowledge and for answering question as it is a great help to all of us.  Come Friday hopefully will receive some good news.

Offline wdnulk2no

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but.... Ferret your a twat and a fWaud..... your not even the real ferret your just a waskely wabbit

Monger

« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »
Well how did we all go? Any interviews? Heard they advised people today

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »
Hi Ferret - no, still have not heard anything.

Cheers,

Mikey

Offline crossy

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
yea got mine back today looks like ill be trying again next year!  :wink:
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
Hi Crossy - how were you notified? Email?

Mikey

wicky

« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
Didnt make it again. Moving on will not be doing it again.

The pyschometric test is flawed  :x

Offline Scottie

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
Yeah unsuccessful but will give it another go next time.  Just wish you could get some kind of feedback so you can work on what you need to.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »

Are you sure about that?

Yeah unsuccessful but will give it another go next time.  Just wish you could get some kind of feedback so you can work on what you need to.

It's difficult to provide feedback on the results of a test that you're meant to answer honestly to give an accurate representation of your personality.

If the results came back with areas to improve on, then can't you just lie or "improve" your way through the next test you take, thus rendering the test redundant?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Monger

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »

Are you sure about that?

It's difficult to provide feedback on the results of a test that you're meant to answer honestly to give an accurate representation of your personality.

If the results came back with areas to improve on, then can't you just lie or "improve" your way through the next test you take, thus rendering the test redundant?

They could atleast give feed back on the aptitude testing or tell you if your personality type is not what they are after. The way it is now you dont know where you went wrong.

Offline kj

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2011, 11:57:41 AM »
Can anyone tell me how they select those who go forward to the interview? Do they decide how many they want to interview then take that many, say they want 150 so the top 150 go through. I was under the impression it is all pass/fail but they could potentially end up with hundreds going through. I myself also missed out and I would be happier to know there were people simply better than me applying rather than myself not reaching a given mark.

Monger

« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »
Can anyone tell me how they select those who go forward to the interview? Do they decide how many they want to interview then take that many, say they want 150 so the top 150 go through. I was under the impression it is all pass/fail but they could potentially end up with hundreds going through. I myself also missed out and I would be happier to know there were people simply better than me applying rather than myself not reaching a given mark.

I reckon they just take say the top 150 for example. Not sure if you can contact Mara and ask her how you went or where you went wrong