Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 635095 times)

Offline BT085

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »
Well, how did the interviews go? Come out thinking "How the filtered are they gonna compare and rank us from that?"

Not well! I couldn't sleep the night before so walked into the interview dog tired. Interview was over in 35 minutes so felt like I did not give enough detail in my answers and felt a little under prepared.  I would say detailed and conscise answers would play a big part in the ranking.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:42:35 PM by BT085 »

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2011, 10:07:09 PM »
Well, how did the interviews go? Come out thinking "How the filtered are they gonna compare and rank us from that?"

Not well! I couldn't sleep the night before so walked into the interview dog tired. Interview was over in 35 minutes so felt like I did not give enough detail in my answers and felt a little under prepared.  I would say detailed and conscise answers would play a big part in the ranking.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:43:27 PM by BT085 »

Offline mikey

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:13:29 PM by mikey »

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 17, 2011, 11:26:58 AM »
Can anyone comment who had been through the process on what stage of the process they would call referees? Would it be after interview before pat 2 or after pat 2? Thanks

Monger

« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
Can anyone comment who had been through the process on what stage of the process they would call referees? Would it be after interview before pat 2 or after pat 2? Thanks

Pretty sure it is after the pat2 and even after the medical. Dont think they put much emphasis on the referees. Only a fool would put someone down as referee knowing they would give them a bad rap.

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
Hello, sorry for my absence.  I was one of the lucky ones who made it to the interview stage.  I was lucky with the exam, I've done that kind of testing before and that really helped.
Well interview was on Thurs just gone and i felt that it went really well but of course i won't know if that was good enough until we get the email.  I don't know if anyone can confirm for me but i think all the interviews are now complete.  If that is the case, am i to understand correctly that the emails will come out over the next couple of weeks?

Congrats by the way to all those who made it to the interview and i hope it has gone well for you all, fingers crossed.

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2011, 05:02:51 PM »
Hello, sorry for my absence.  I was one of the lucky ones who made it to the interview stage.  I was lucky with the exam, I've done that kind of testing before and that really helped.
Well interview was on Thurs just gone and i felt that it went really well but of course i won't know if that was good enough until we get the email.  I don't know if anyone can confirm for me but i think all the interviews are now complete.  If that is the case, am i to understand correctly that the emails will come out over the next couple of weeks?

Congrats by the way to all those who made it to the interview and i hope it has gone well for you all, fingers crossed.

Tammy- I also had mine on thursday and I know a couple of guys who before me, I assume the last day of testing was friday. Early july they said we would get notified by email. I also thought I went "ok" however, the hour was really a blur of information that I "spat" out at them.. I gave heaps of examples and would have shown I know a lot, whether I answered the questions or not....?? It was very easy to ramble on- do u agree tammy and did u use the whole hour?  It was more like a speech I felt, but who knows what they are looking for! Good luck to all, let me know if you hear anything.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:44:49 PM by BT085 »

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

Tammy- I also had mine on thursday 115pm and considering my last name starts with a T and I know a couple of guys who before me, I assume the last day of testing was friday. Early july they said we would get notified by email. I also thought I went "ok" however, the hour was really a blur of information that I "spat" out at them.. I gave heaps of examples and would have shown I know a lot, whether I answered the questions or not....?? It was very easy to ramble on- do u agree tammy and did u use the whole hour?  It was more like a speech I felt, but who knows what they are looking for! Good luck to all, let me know if you hear anything.
[/quote]
I can't believe how much i rambled on, when they asked was there anything more i would like to add I looked at the clock and realised i only had 9 mins left of the hour so I thought better call it a day.  I too felt like i gave lots of examples and answers and they spent all their time looking down and writing, i found it a bit daunting that they didnt really say anything through the whole hour.  Nothing i can do now but wait, good luck mate.

Monger

« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2011, 06:04:34 AM »
Has anyone received their ranking number yet? Or a date for pat2 or a try again next year email??
Must be soon if pat2 are july 11

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
Nope! Checking my emails on an hourly basis and nothing yet, thought we would of heard something by now as well as it doesn't leave much time before the next stage.

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »
I also I hav not heard anything.. No news is good news at this stage, but they did say early july. Would think it would be next wk.. They havent contacted my referees, but they may did this as the very last thing... Well I hope so!

Monger

« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
I also I hav not heard anything.. No news is good news at this stage, but they did say early july. Would think it would be next wk.. They havent contacted my referees, but they may did this as the very last thing... Well I hope so!

yeah referees will be after pat2 and medical

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2011, 12:28:47 PM »
Still nothing... Wat about u tammy?? No news is better than bad news I guess, but pat 2 is supposed to be scheduled for next wk..

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Hey there. Not sure what's going on re no results yet.  Pat 2 starting Monday. Has anyone heard anyting at all???? Is this normal to leave such a small gap between results an pat2???

Monger

« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »
Hey there. Not sure what's going on re no results yet.  Pat 2 starting Monday. Has anyone heard anyting at all???? Is this normal to leave such a small gap between results an pat2???

The pat2 might start week after, the dates on website were only a guide. They should give atleast a weeks notice so u can organise day off etc

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »
Yeah that makes sense. Any idea on why it's taken so long after interviews for them to rank??

Monger

« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
Yeah that makes sense. Any idea on why it's taken so long after interviews for them to rank??

They may have already told the top 20 people about the pat2 next week. Then they will finalise the cab rank numbers after they have selected the 18 for the drill squad this year. Could be a number of reasons. U will get used to waiting and wondering cos they dont tell u anything

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »
Guess I'm not in top 20 then!!!

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
I wouldnt jump to conclusions just yet thor... Who knows really wat they're doing

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
Hi guys,
Just spoken to Mara at HR as I needed to find out what was going on so I could work out work commitments. She said the 'Yes' e-mails were coming out today but didn't specify whether they were already out or still to come. Panicking a bit now but I guess we'll have our answer by end of play today. No news really won't be good news!

Good luck everyone.

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
Tammy- so Mara didnt give any other indications re the 'no' letters etc? Did u get the feeling the yes letters were already out? Oh well maybe ill be ranked top 50 haha... Holding on to any hope now!!

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2011, 03:48:05 PM »
I know how you feel mate, i feel physically sick checking my emails every 5 mins.  My life is on hold for the next 2 hrs where i will be no more then 5 metres away from my computer!  My thoughts are racing in regard to the conversation I had with Mara, did she not say anything specific about whether the 'Yes' emails had already come out because she was just being kind or didnt want me to crumble at the other end of the phone?????
She wasn't giving anything away apart from the 'Yes' emails are coming out today, that could mean they are still to come out......don't know for certain either way. Sorry

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
May only be the yes email for the first twenty as well so dont give up all hope
I just want to help

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
Ok guys they're out, after a quick look followed by two laps of the living room, i've calmed down enough to post the news.  Any news for anyone else???

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
well done, what number did you get ranked at?
I just want to help

anything