Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 635104 times)

Monger

Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »
Would they call referees for only the top 18 or for the reserves and stand by list as well?

I would say only top 18. Think they call them after pat2 is passed. Don't wanna be a spoil sport but being on standby list doesn't guarantee a job, number of squads may depend on funding and retirements. I heard of one year when people on standby list did pat2, medical and measure for uniform and then they cancelled the squad. Then they had to reapply again with everyone else. Mfs is ruthless in recruiting cos they can be due to the popularity of the job and large number of applicants they get each year.
What I'm trying to say is don't put your life on hold waiting for a call up because if and when they recruit is unpredictable.

Offline triple j

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »
Yeah your probably right ferret, my husband is just so set on getting in. I feel sorry for him. Would they only check the referees for the one's that are going to be put om the drill squad?

Monger

« Reply #477 on: July 23, 2011, 06:58:18 AM »
Yeah your probably right ferret, my husband is just so set on getting in. I feel sorry for him. Would they only check the referees for the one's that are going to be put om the drill squad?

I dont have any inside info, im just going on what happened when i got in. I was on the cab ranking list and my referees were not contacted until after i had done the pat2. The HR people have changed since i applied so they could be doing things differebtly now

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 23, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
They contacted my referees after pat 2. Then had medical. Then have to wait now. Not sure what they doing now .

Offline Sammy

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 23, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
They contacted my referees after pat 2. Then had medical. Then have to wait now. Not sure what they doing now .
Well congratulations Thor. You'd think it's just an offer of employment to come.

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 23, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
Well congratulations Thor.. Did they tell you when you will be getting your final letter?  I bet your heart rate and blood pressure would have been up while they were doing the medical.. How nerv raking... Well done mate you deserve it.

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 23, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah I was nervous that's for sure. All I've been told is that we will b notified early august.

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 23, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
Well done Thor, save a spot for me in the next intake. As for being ranked and missing out, been there five years ago. Very hard to take but just keep trying.
I just want to help

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
Hey ferret, do u know what the go is now? R medicals finished? Once u have passed medical would it be a given that yr in?

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
SORRY SORRY!

Its me I'm back, my computer was down and I've been dying from a chest infection.  First let me give you the good news.....Thor you're not alone!  I passed my Pat 2 and the medical.  Just waiting for the official letter now.

I was worried about the Pat2 as the chest infection was leaving me with the energy levels and speed of a snail!  The doc gave me some pretty extreme medication to try and keep my lungs clear and i still have no idea how i managed to pass!  During the tower climb i felt i had nothing left but i was determined not to give up, i hadn't come all this way and put in all this work to let a chest infection beat me.  My previous experience got me thorough as the majority of the tests I had already done.  It was annoying though as I knew on any other day I wouldn't have had a problem with it.
The respiratory test was interesting as i had to keep repeating certain parts as my coughing kept throwing the results out.
At least now I've got time to get over it before the course!

When i was being fitted for the uniform i had a look at the sheet with the names on it, just to see if any other females had made it through.  I noticed one or two names had question marks by them, don't know if this means anything, whether this means they failed or not?
Sorry to hear about those that didn't make it this intake, good luck for next time.  Fingers crossed for all those that got the 'Keep Fit' letters.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:22:25 PM by Tammey »

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
Well done!! Thought u were gone for good! Yeah I had the chest infection curse durin pat2 as well. Hav they told u when we will hear??? Once again, good work!

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
Thanks Thor.  Well done to you too.
I spoke to the Doc about a time frame and he didn't have any information.  I read earlier on the forum that it could be early Aug.  I can't imagine it will be long as they only had the 18 + 4 reserves to go through and all testing is now complete.  They have to give people enough time to give the required notice to their current employers.

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
Do you think they would contact the reserves referees or only the top 18? Tammey.. how many on that list do you think had question marks next to them?

Monger

« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2011, 07:36:33 AM »
Do you think they would contact the reserves referees or only the top 18? Tammey.. how many on that list do you think had question marks next to them?

Pretty sure they wont contact referees until after they have done the pat2. They wouldnt waste their time contacting referees if they have no job offer for the applicants. I dont think a great deal of emphasis is put on the references because who is gonna put down a contact that will give them a bad wrap??

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »

There was one maybe two but i don't know what this means, whether someone didnt make the PAT2 or someone just couldnt make the uniform fit that day or it could mean the store didnt have their size?????  Sorry i can't be more help.

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 25, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »
Tammey.. Have they contacted your references yet?

Offline JLS

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
Hi there. New to this forum and have been looking over the recruitment section. I was one of the lucky ones i guess who got a stay fit email now i just have to play the waiting game. Congrats to Thor and Tammy well done and good luck for your future career I'm a bit jealous but still holding on with some hope. A question for anyone who has done the pat2 after being put in the pool is how much notice do they give you before you do the pat2?

Monger

« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
Hi there. New to this forum and have been looking over the recruitment section. I was one of the lucky ones i guess who got a stay fit email now i just have to play the waiting game. Congrats to Thor and Tammy well done and good luck for your future career I'm a bit jealous but still holding on with some hope. A question for anyone who has done the pat2 after being put in the pool is how much notice do they give you before you do the pat2?

Was about 2 weeks notice if i recall correctly. If they give you cab ranking numbers it will be easier to work out if you are a chance of a call up or not. I would call and ask where i sat in the pool if they havnt told u in next week or 2
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:17:29 PM by Ferret »

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
Well just got a letter......... Criminal history check completed.

Offline JLS

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
Thanks Ferret. I was thinking of ringing Mara but thought if they new our rank or wanted us to know they would have told us by now like they have done in the past. I might wait a bit like you have suggested and give her a call. Even if it's a rough guide it will be better than nothing.

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
Thor...did you receive a letter in the post or an email?? And was it from the MFS or the police? Did you get one Tammey?

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
Mfs letter.

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2011, 06:19:22 PM »
Awesome Thor....got to be close  :-)

Offline Thor

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
Thanks jjj i hope so :-o

Offline Tammey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2011, 07:36:12 PM »
Tammey.. Have they contacted your references yet?

Yes, they did it straight after the PAT 2.

Thor...did you receive a letter in the post or an email?? And was it from the MFS or the police? Did you get one Tammey?

Yeah, same as Thor - Letter in post from MFS.