Author Topic: CFA Promised $136m  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Darcyq

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
CFA Promised $136m
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »
I found this little gem in today's edition of the Occupational Health & Safety Daily News: Thinking we should forward it onto our own opposition leader!

MELBOURNE: Better safety gear for volunteers, new Country Fire Authority (CFA) stations and 100 new firefighting vehicles are at the centre of a $136 million plan by the Coalition. Victorian Opposition Leader Ted Baillieu has announced the multi-million dollar package that includes $36 million to upgrade and build more than 60 CFA and SES stations. Mr Baillieu said no new sites had been selected but he expected new stations to be built in areas of population growth. About 100 new tankers, pumper trucks and support vehicles, all equipped with GPS, will cost $25 million. Another $36.4 million has also been committed to new personal protective uniforms for firefighters, with a further $18 million for better training facilities and 2,000 new pagers.

pumprescue

Re: CFA Promised $136m
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
Baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Yeah good luck with that.

Labor prefers grand stands and new vic square's

Meanwhile we will turnout with under trained crews and tell Mrs Jones sorry but we do what we can....may as well not turn out sometimes.

If your looking for a chance to be a paid firefighter then Victoria is the place to go !

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
Is it just me or is $36m not going to go far for 60 upgrades/new buildings?
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »
I understand CFS have now come up with new style fire stations I am sure it will be in the next issue of Arthurs newsletter so I wont say anything else about it..Other than watch this space....

pumprescue

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »
Hmmmm what should we expect Bill.....hopefully they haven't gone the money saving option, as how can you make a tin shed cheaper !

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »
Lots of things coming out and the first of the new types stations is being built in my group for the Binnum brigade so i shall get some photos once they have started....

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
...hopefully they haven't gone the money saving option, as how can you make a tin shed cheaper !

Knowing CFSHQ, I'm sure they'll find a way.  I guess you could do away with a concrete floor and just have bare earth, or maybe have a wooden frame and staple some Hessian around it for walls?