Author Topic: SA Radio Scanning  (Read 6040 times)

Offline Mordy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
SA Radio Scanning
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »
Hi all, This forum is for discussing SA Radio Scanning and in particular emergency services. Would love to see some frequency lists or links to Scanning websites. Looking forwarding to hearing from you.

What sort of equipment do you use, any tips etc etc.

Offline Mordy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: SA Radio Scanning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »

Offline Mordy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the CFS VHF channel frequencies are? Thanks.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Fire000

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »

Hi All,

Does anyone have info on recommended (readily available) digital capable scanners to use with the SA GRN? Are there any stores which will supply and program the units ready to go? Not too keen on importing for the US/etc.. and having to do the programming myself.

I have a had a look at http://www.sascan.net.au/?page=infPages/programming however the scanners discussed on this page do not appear to be readily available.

cheers,

Offline OldOne

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Long time SES member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:08:53 AM »

Hi All,
Does anyone have info on recommended (readily available) digital capable scanners to use with the SA GRN?

Since Uniden has stopped importing scanners to Australia the only supply of Uniden Trunk Tracker scanners is by importing them, either yourself or via a local agent with added handling fees.   With the high Au dollar the 996xt or the 396xt scanners are easily available via Ebay or direct from some USA suppliers with delivery 7 to 10 days to your front door.

Re programming,  there are many profiles around, depending on your local needs that can be uploaded to the scanner, most people customise their profiles to suit local requirements either biased to CFS, SES SAAS MFS or other agencies to their needs.

The best bet is to get a number of sample profiles and then modify one to your needs.  I run highly customised SES profiles with some MFS talkgroups included.

Cheers,
Oldone

SES Communications trainer

Offline Numpty

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
Fire000,

There is a Uniden UBCD396T on Ebay brand new in Aus.

And no I am NOT the seller  :-)

I recently picked one up for $400 but it was a used item, so you may pick this one up for a good price.

I have not programmed mine yet as I have ordered a cable from OS, so I cannot really comment on the programming side yet. But I have read that the easiest way is to use the software.

Cheers