Author Topic: Young Drivers and MVA  (Read 2008 times)

Offline disOrderly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Young Drivers and MVA
« on: January 27, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
A fairly frequent news topic is that of young drivers and their over representation in the serious injuries and road death tolls.

I thought it would be interesting to see a few people's opinions on this topic. We have quite a broad cross-section here so it would be good to see what you have to say.

Is it just a part of life? Are the kids who don't have the presence of mind or maturity to understand the power of their vehicle, their lack of experience/skill and the ramifications of their actions the ones to die?

As a young driver myself, I never wanted to drive risky because:

A) I don't want to die and I wouldn't be able to handle it if I killed or injured a friend or someone in another vehicle.
B) I couldn't afford to fix my car if I damaged it and it was a gift from my grandpa, so it is sentimental to me.
C) I have family friends that have told me many stories of young drivers killing themselves or their friends and I would be embarrassed if I did something the similar
D) I also think people who drive stupidly are just pathetic and have no respect for themselves or other people
E) I couldn't afford to lose or delay my licence for my career choice and I couldn't afford to pay the fines!

Lookin forward to what you have to say!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:08:32 PM by disOrderly »
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/