Author Topic: Hydraulic couplings changeover  (Read 4600 times)

rescue5271

Hydraulic couplings changeover
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:55 PM »
:59:55 25-03-11 RCR equipment out of service from Sunday 0830 for approximate 2hrs. So don''t have a crash, in this time slot! Due to coupling change over. - CFS Waikerie Info

2hrs only took 45 mins to get ours done on station....

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »
:59:55 25-03-11 RCR equipment out of service from Sunday 0830 for approximate 2hrs. So don''t have a crash, in this time slot! Due to coupling change over. - CFS Waikerie Info

2hrs only took 45 mins to get ours done on station....

Yeah, it shouldn't take too long, but perhaps the brigade should still be sourcing a spare set for the time being...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
have any of the brigades out there who have had the retro fit done to the new coupling had the pump done as well or just kept the old system on the pump...
We are looking at getting ours done but seems a waste not to do the pump as it restricts us to twin 10m lines.  The ability to be able to have a single 20m line may come in handy although not very often?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
Just kept the old system on the pump it better to leave them as is and will save you some money,I bet we all get this change done and CFS will change over to new RCR gear...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
i have heard a new tender is currently underway for quite a few new sets. supposedly replacing a lot of the sets purchased in 2000?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hydraulic couplings changeover
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
Wow...

Why would you not get ALL of the couplings changed over at once? Yes it might cost a little bit more, but isn't the point that you then have a system that you can do anything with?

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
There is no need to get the ones done that go direct into the pump, We have all other ends and hose's done along with the RCR gear.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »
Wow...

Why would you not get ALL of the couplings changed over at once? Yes it might cost a little bit more, but isn't the point that you then have a system that you can do anything with?

My point exactly, we only have 2x10m lines for ours and if we dont get the pump done thats what we are limited to is those, bit if we get the pump done as well then if the need arises and i am sure it will one day we can run a single 20m line!!

Especially if you have the money for it why not get it done
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »
The other issue we all have is have we jumped the gun by getting this done if CFS are looking into replacing all our RCR gear.....

pumprescue

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing what we get to replace the gear....as has been mentioned many times Arthur only wants 1 ram.....works very well when your 100kms up the road with no back up !

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »
Wow...

My point exactly, we only have 2x10m lines for ours and if we dont get the pump done thats what we are limited to is those, bit if we get the pump done as well then if the need arises and i am sure it will one day we can run a single 20m line!!

Especially if you have the money for it why not get it done

If you get them all done, I'll bet you never use them. Get only one end done and sure as anything you'll need to run a single 20m line the next day :D

The other issue we all have is have we jumped the gun by getting this done if CFS are looking into replacing all our RCR gear.....

Not sure what brand of tools you guys are using, but I can't see a huge benefit on going to stremlined couplings over duo, unless you're buying a new bit of kit that ONLY comes with a streamlined coupler?

I mean, they're nice and all - don't get me wrong, but certainly a "Nice to have" rather than a "need to have", especially if you're on such a tigh budget to only get half of your hoses done.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
We see it as a nice thing to have not a need, but we have alot of issues with our couplings leaking while the pump runs, and for some reason even when pt look at it it still does it. ( and yes i know they are a wet coupling but not that wet ).
We fundraise and get alot of grants within our brigade so we see it as a reasonable investment if we can get a community group to donate the money for it.
We are in the process of buying stabfast at the moment from a donation we recieved.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

anything