Author Topic: SAAS Team Leaders  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Skippy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
SAAS Team Leaders
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
Hi

Just doing some research and I was wondering whether anyone would be able to give me some info on the team leaders. There are CTL's, RTL's, VTL's, MPS. Where do they decide to place a VTL/RTL what training do you need. Also are there CTL's that operate in places like Mt Barker and fringe metro areas? What are there call signs and where are they? Plus call signs like FP1; is that a team leader or spare.

Thanks, sorry for my lack of understanding of these terms and jobs.

:-)     

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
Re: SAAS Team Leaders
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »
Some of the other guys can give more info on CTLs and MPSs.

An ACTL (Area Clinical Team Leader) is the TL for a shift. They are the Lima cars (LN, LS, LE, LW) that look after all the crews/stations from their geographical area. For example LS is TL for South which means they are in charge of Emergency (not PTS or ESS) crews from Mitcham, Marion, O'Halloran Hill, Noarlunga, McLaren Vale and Aldinga on their particular shift (South A-E, meaning they follow the same 4 on/4 off pattern as their crews.)

An RTL is different to a VTL. An RTL is a paid staff member who is a Paramedic or above who is in charge of a group of regional stations. They are essentially the same as Metro ACTLs, except the RTL does not follow their 'shift', they are RTL 24/7. For example OS9 is South-East Fluerieu RTL who is in charge of Strath, Goolwa, Meadows and Yankalilla.

A VTL is a volunteer officer who has been elected by their peers to be their team leader. Each station has a VTL and they are essentially the link between the RTL and SAAS as a whole and  the station. They do not have their own vehicle or call-sign.

FP1 (Fluerieu Peninsula 1) is the TL in charge of the FP cars. I believe they are a CTL.

The SPRINT Unit (SPRINT Cars, Bicycle Response Unit and Motorcycle Response Unit) have their own Clinical Team Leader too.
Check out the Australian Healthcare Forums: http://aushealth.forumup.com.au/

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 07:29:36 AM »
Thanks for the info. FP76 is based out of barker so does that mean FP1 is in charge of just that crew or the surrounding areas like Stirling, Mt Barker ect. Does a CTL work a shift like a ACTL or are they also 24/7?

Cheers  :-)

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »
I presume regional managers respond to nearly all the Cat A's in the town they are in if it during the day?

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:09 AM »
No not necessarily. Cat A's will usually need an ICP, so a Lima will be sent (ACTL's are ICPs) for ICP backup or as a second car. If two crews are responded one of which includes an ICP, I don't believe the Lima will be sent. ACTL's do have other duties when they are on shift, so they are not always available to run.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
No not necessarily. Cat A's will usually need an ICP, so a Lima will be sent (ACTL's are ICPs) for ICP backup or as a second car. If two crews are responded one of which includes an ICP, I don't believe the Lima will be sent. ACTL's do have other duties when they are on shift, so they are not always available to run.

Yeah, like racing the VACMAT around on a Cat B all day and night :-P
Images are copyright

Offline disOrderly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:59:42 AM »
It will be good when there is a Vacmat on every truck! I'm sure the ACTLs will like it!

anything