Author Topic: Course Nominations  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Course Nominations
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
17:11:06   19-06-12   VACANCY COMPARTMENT FIRE COURSE THS WEEKEND CONTACT GTC ON
CFS Gumeracha Group Info

13:28:14   19-06-12   ANY CABA OPERATORS AVAILABLE FOR COMPARTMENT FIREFIGHTING COURSE THIS WEEKEND AT BRUKUNGA PLEASE CONTACT 9 BEFORE 4PM TODAY.
CFS Light Group Info

09:59:59   19-06-12   INFO THERE IS AN AVAILABILITY FOR ONE FIRE FIGHTER FOR COMPARTMENT FIRE FIGHTING AT STC THIS WEEKEND FRIDAY NIGHT ONWARDS SIGNED GTC

And yet there are some of us that have nominations in and don't get any phone calls direct from STC/Region???? Does this piss anyone else off as well?

Why do we bother to nominate people for courses if this sort of shenannigans continues.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Course Nominations
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
Probably due to those particular groups/brigades having someone pull out at last minute! STC prob know nothing of it!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:14:03 PM »
Probably due to those particular groups/brigades having someone pull out at last minute! STC prob know nothing of it!

Still a bullshit system. Those people &/or brigades/groups should be passing names of those who cannot attend on to STC, so that they can then go to the next name on the list and get them on board.

Some of us have been waiting a very long time for particular courses.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
Is it this course you are waiting for?

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:36 AM »
Is it this course you are waiting for?

Yep. This one among others, and know of several other people who although our brigade is below spec are unable to get on courses... seeing this kind of in house movement is infuriating and undermines the whole point of nominating to a central point to coordinate for courses. But it happens every week at about this time to fill last minute spots and im sure will continue regardless of any ranting from me.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
Well I just looked up course calendar and there is vacancies on upcoming compartment courses... Should be no excuses for your GTC to get you on one!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Will take it up with them as well mate as I do regularly.

But this sort of carry on still shits me as not all course dates suit.