Author Topic: Online SAGRN Scanner  (Read 61255 times)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Online SAGRN Scanner
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2005, 08:24:20 PM »
These are the VHF channell allocations, i have no idea what the frequencies are as i am not up with that kind of thing... btw eys i do realise that mt gambier, robe and naracoorte are the same... :?

Wattle Range:
P: 36 S: 35 T: 23

Mount Gambier:
P: 58 S: 34 T: 57

Lucindale:
P: 44 S: 51 T: 56

Naracoorte:

Robe:

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:33 PM »
thanks medevac. Frequencies can be found here http://users.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/cfsfreq.htm as Cybercitizen said before. Copy the frequencies, ignore the groups he has written next to them ;)

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 07:39:15 AM »
Is It Me Or Does The Scanner Appear To Be Playing Up?

I Tries To Connect, However Just Sits At Buffing. Tried On About 4 Computers All With The Same Issue?

Any One Else Having The Same Problem.

strikeathird

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 07:42:46 AM »
It's holding up at buffering for me too, must be a connection or program fault, sure it will sort itself out.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 11:26:51 AM »
Yeah Its Been Like That For Over A 1 & A Half, Just Thought I Would Post So That Matt Knows.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2006, 03:24:11 PM »
Hiya everyone now i know this thread has been dead since the 2nd or 3rd week of December 2005 so it's best we revive it  :lol:

Today the 04/01/2006 received a phone call regarding my scanner programming service i have running for South East Scanner Users being it was my first customer i wasn't sure what kinda scanner he wanted programmed to listen to the GRN

SO i gathered all my notes and instructions together and waited for his arrival to drop off the scanner programming after this guy arrived it turns out he had the newer trunk tracker 3 scanner UBCT8 so all i have to do now is reprogram it with SAGRN frequencies/TG's for him to listen to

I'm hoping this customer is a sign of things to come for my business... so if any of you vollies who are members of the South East CFS brigades want your scanners programmed to trunk the GRN I'll be more than happy to do it for you

Wether it involves me coming to your home,property or worksite or you dropping the scanner off at my home for programming it doesnt bother me at all im gonna make sure you enjoy scanner listening without the interference of SAPOL digital

My home number if you want to contact me about this is: 08 87 393275
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »
Good luck with your business Robert34... you obviously have much more patience than me :P

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2006, 04:27:09 PM »
I can tell you this CFS_FIREY it didn't happen overnight i had to look at various notes, read instruction manuals and listen to the SA Scanner on line scanner to get a good understanding of how to setup my 780 to trunk

This took alot of practice and for some reason after programming my 780 i had this idea of programming other volunteers scanners to trunk the SAGRN :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »
I Might Suggest Not Posting Your Mobile Number On A Public Forum, Perhaps Provide An Email Address.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
I Might Suggest Not Posting Your Mobile Number On A Public Forum, Perhaps Provide An Email Address.
He posted his home number, not mobile... I personally think its safer to post a phone number than an email address, Spam bots don't search for phone numbers, but they like email addresses :P

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »
Ha Ha It Was A Long Day & A Late Night, I Meant Phone Number, Not Mobile Number.

Its Upto The Admin On The Forums, However The Ones That I Admin, We Remove Phone Numbers.

strikeathird

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »
Meh.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »
This thread is about an online GRN scanner - let's try and keep it on topic :-)

RE Phone Numbers if you post your own that's a question for you. If you post someone else's that's probably against some privacy law and will be removed.

Cheers :-D

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »
Hi guys, I know a few people on here often use the online SAGRN scanner at http://users.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/scanner.htm to keep an ear on whats going on.

Lately you have probably found that it has been offline more often than it's be avaiable, that's because it is currently running on a PC that is trying to do too much work and frequently spits the dummy and crashes. Unfortunately the software running the stream and scanner interface is very processor hungry and requires a fair bit of muscle to keep running smoothly.

Unless someone wants to donate a 2ghz machine with about 512 meg of ram then it's going to be a case of try it and see, you may get on you may not - I will try and keep it running as long as I can but there are no guarantees. I can tell you that it will probably be unavailable between about 2100 and 2200 each night whilst that machine does other tasks.

Cheers

mb  :-D

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »
Thanks Matt - its a great service and we appreciate the time and effort you put in to doing it for one and all  :-D :-D :-D

Mmmm .... maybe the winner of the election could provide the needed hardware as a service to the community :wink:
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

probie_boy

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »
mattb, this looks freaking awesome. i haven't tried it yet because i'm still at school, but believe me, its getting put on when i get home! next challenge... see if my crappy dial up will let me listen

PF_

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
Does that pick up MFS, CFS and SAAS or is it just CFS.  All IM getting is SAAS

Kinda hard to pick up what theyre saying
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 03:15:05 PM by P F »

PF_

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2006, 03:22:19 PM »
The SA-Scan online scanner is now scanning SA-GRN sites on the Fleurieu peninsula and around the Mt Lofty ranges.

You can expect to hear radio traffic from the S.A. Ambulance, Country Fire Service, Metropolitan Fire Service, State Emergency Service, St John Ambulance as well as the Multi Agency talkgroups. Occasionally the scanner will be operating in 'trunk search' mode in which case you will hear all other agencies that use the SA-GRN.

Maybe I should read it al first, that explains why its all SAAS Sth Noarlunga

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
mattb, this looks freaking awesome. i haven't tried it yet because i'm still at school, but believe me, its getting put on when i get home! next challenge... see if my crappy dial up will let me listen

The stream is setup so it should be quite useable on dial up, the only time you might have trouble is when it is extremely busy, then you will get a lot of buffering.

Does that pick up MFS, CFS and SAAS or is it just CFS.  All IM getting is SAAS

Yes it will pickup the MFS, CFS and SES stuff, it's just been very quiet CFS and SES wise lately.

rescue5271

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2006, 05:39:16 AM »
Hey matt,ask the cfs for an old PC,they always change them over ....I like the GRN scanner site its great so lets help matt keep it going....

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »
Hey matt,ask the cfs for an old PC,they always change them over...
Hehe, good luck getting a 2ghz machine out of CFS...

Matt, do you need a whole new rig, or do you have a current system you could upgrade?
According to http://www.staticice.com.au/ you can get a 2.6Ghz Celeron and a 512MB stick of DDR400 RAM for ~$170... if thats all you need, I'm sure we could get that in donations :)

PF_

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2006, 12:16:48 PM »
is there a way to get MFS or CFS through it or does it just come on.  It is all SAAS.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2006, 12:34:40 PM »
MFS and CFS come on when they talk, you don't have to do anything... SAAS just seem much busier than the fire services...

PF_

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
Got something from MFS about a k32-2 and something to do with a nursng home.  been using the "track skip"  buttons on media player thinking it does something :-P  SAAS sure do talk a lot!  Woulda thouht there'd be more MFS activity though or CFS.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »
K32 is for an alarm and the -2 is the status of the the alarm.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

anything