Author Topic: MFS Wannabe's  (Read 5351 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MFS Wannabe's
« on: November 22, 2005, 06:05:54 PM »
I've noticed a few comments about MFS wannabe's on this site - most of them used in a negative way...

However, from what I can tell, the more like the MFS we are the better! They are the professional service, do things well and proffessionally, they have good training, and plenty of experience... Aren't these things that every CFS brigade strives toward?  Why is it a bad thing to want to be more like the mets? in my opinion, the more we learn from them the better, and trying to be different is just counter productive...

What do others think? Is it a bad thing to want to be like SAMFS?

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: MFS Wannabe's
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »
I'm with you CFS_firey, but you'll find most of the people that bag the mets have tried to get in the mets and failed or are unable to get along with them at a scene. I do believe though that some people take the whole striving to be their best thing just a little too far.

Toast

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 08:48:12 PM »
When it comes down to it, we both do the same job, so why we don't just strive to be the best we can be bothers me somethimes... CFS, and some members seem to be scared of being good at what they do.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 09:00:49 PM »
im damn good at what i do  :-D

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 01:53:03 PM »
Maybe we need to ask - do people want to be MFS wannabe's or do people want step up to MFS career or do they want to excel at what they do!

Being like MFS isn't the be all and end all, but being professional, efficient, well trained and well equipped is!

We should be proud of what CFS has achieved - we (CFS) wrote the RCR course, implemented allot of the Hazmat procedures for SA, pioneered Compartment Fire Fighting, teach MFS, SAPOL and other services bushfire safety, AIIMS and leadership and have one of Australia's best training facilities. Further we are one of the few Volunteer services in Australia who have a full fire service role (similar to a career service) we are highly respected both in our state and interstate and have the highest levels of PPE in any Volunteer Fire Service.

There are less and less differences between CFS and MFS every day - the obvious pay rates and appliances, however MFS wannabe's - maybe a few! Professional fire fighters protecting there communities - definitely yes!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 04:09:13 PM »
I agree with you OZ FIRE we should be proud to be Country Fire Servcie volunteers as we have achieved so much in terms of having appliances that are really good at providing frontline fire fighting to prevent fires from getting larger

I've tried to get a job with the MFS but it was really hard as you need to pass their literacy and numeracy test before going to stage 2 but im just happy to be a Rural Fire Fighter and thats all that matters  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:14:06 AM »
I Was At A Job Interview & I Have That I Am A CFS Member On My Resume. The Lady Asked Does It Affect Your Work, I Said Not Really. She Said Couldn't You Let The Normal Fire Fighters Do It.  I Said We Are The Normal Fire Fighters, If It Wasn't For Us You Would Have Very Limited Coverage.

I Also Gave Her A Copy Of The Black Tuesday DVD. She Was Shocked At What We Actually Do.

On The + Side I Also Got The Job. So I Left Tel$tra.

Offline canman

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 03:09:59 PM »
CFS is a professional service too.
Extinguish this.......

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 04:12:55 PM »
CFS is a professional service too.

I would personally say "CFS can be a professional service too". There are a lot of brigades that do a professional job, but unfortunately, there are an equal number that don't. :|

Offline canman

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 04:26:26 PM »
I'm a CFS wannabe.......
Extinguish this.......

strikeathird

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 10:13:40 PM »
hehehehe

anything