Author Topic: Ammusing pager message.  (Read 1826211 times)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ammusing pager message.
« Reply #650 on: July 18, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »
LOL: saw the news footage.... every channel!
You whould have thought one of them would have noticed the depth marker on the ford was showing the water was almost as high as the cruiser....

ridiculous... on the news they stated that the officers didnt realise how deep the water was... if they'd looked at the marker they would have seen it wqas 2m deep lol...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 18, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »
Here's an interseting one: MFS: RESPOND Vehicle Fire 18/07/06 06.37, MAIN ST, TANUNDA, MAP 0 0 0,,RUBBISH TRUCK FIRE OUT THE FRONT OF CFS,631*CFSRES:

Why wouldn't the CFS be called to that one??? :?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 18, 2006, 04:17:08 PM »
not there area  :wink:

you'd be amazed.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 18, 2006, 04:54:18 PM »
Many cfs stations are located within mfs areas around the state. Thats why the MFS would be called to these type of jobs and not the cfs.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #654 on: July 18, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »
Here's an interseting one: MFS: RESPOND Vehicle Fire 18/07/06 06.37, MAIN ST, TANUNDA, MAP 0 0 0,,RUBBISH TRUCK FIRE OUT THE FRONT OF CFS,631*CFSRES:

Why wouldn't the CFS be called to that one??? :?

They Would Notice The *CFSRES: At The End Of The Message This Is To Set The CFS Pagers Off.  The MFS: At The Start Indicates Where The Message Came From If I Am Correct If Not Please Let Me Know.

Toast

« Reply #655 on: July 18, 2006, 06:14:50 PM »
Almost. The MFS: At the start means the page came from MFS comcen. *CFSRES is used to trip the FSI's and the pagers for a response (eg: Tone 7) URGMSG is also used for this. The MFS Retained crews and Elizabeth I think? (331&332) that use pagers, still have them set off for a response with *CFSRES at the end of the page.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 18, 2006, 06:32:49 PM »
district officers also...

ambos can do it using the URGMSG... but CFSRES would work for them also... it also used by MFS Comms (and was by CFS SOCC) for dispatching SES units...

rescue5271

« Reply #657 on: July 18, 2006, 08:37:38 PM »
Main street Tanunda would be out the front of MFS????

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 19, 2006, 12:59:42 AM »
Yes - Tanunda CFS are on Walden Street, according to the Promo website... :?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:20 AM »

That would probably explain things :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Toast

« Reply #660 on: July 19, 2006, 03:31:14 AM »
Yeah, we've had a few "Why dont YOU have one of those red trucks with the cherry picker on it?" responses to things up trees

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 19, 2006, 08:59:27 AM »

That would probably explain things :-D

not necessarily, even if it had been on walden st, out the front of the CFS station, MFS still would have been the only response LOL.... its a strange and crazy world.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 19, 2006, 09:54:12 AM »
Yeah, we've had a few "Why dont YOU have one of those red trucks with the cherry picker on it?" responses to things up trees

Well the SES are now the primary agency for Animal Rescues (according to the MFS BOMS database anyway)so that is one less area for us to worry about.

From memory Western Adelaide SES have a cherry picker setup on one of their vehicles, that could come in handy for getting all those birds out of the trees.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 19, 2006, 10:56:16 AM »

Well the SES are now the primary agency for Animal Rescues (according to the MFS BOMS database anyway)so that is one less area for us to worry about.

From memory Western Adelaide SES have a cherry picker setup on one of their vehicles, that could come in handy for getting all those birds out of the trees.

Not all the time... A copy of the 'CRD business Rules' between MFS and SES was published in the April 2006 edition of the SASESVA FrontLine magazine. See http://www.sasesva.org.au/Frontline/April2006Pt1.pdf, page 7.

Section 2.15 states "For animal rescues within MFS areas then only MFS will be responded. Normally SASES will be only response to animal rescue in non-MFS areas. If the incident is in an area designated as a SES secondary response, then the incident shall be sent to the CFS."
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 19, 2006, 11:03:12 AM »
well thats a bit silly...

so for animal rescues MFS fire area, MFS will go... but in CFS fire area SES will go.... why the fire service for one area but not the other???

i mean, my personal opinion is it should be SES both area, but it just seems very odd to have a doubkle standard like that...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 19, 2006, 11:18:34 AM »
well thats a bit silly...

so for animal rescues MFS fire area, MFS will go... but in CFS fire area SES will go.... why the fire service for one area but not the other???

i mean, my personal opinion is it should be SES both area, but it just seems very odd to have a doubkle standard like that...

Given this is agreement is between MFS and SES, the way I read it is:
1/ If in MFS area, send MFS only.
2/ If other, then send primary response be it CFS or SES.

Not sure if a 'mutual aid agreement' exists between CFS and SES yet, which would help determine specifically what is the primary response organisation in non-MFS areas for incidents other than fire or RCR. Hopefully someone is working on one though.

The agreement document is an interesting read....
Andrew Macmichael

Toast

« Reply #666 on: July 19, 2006, 08:22:25 PM »
Nearest and most appropriate resource for gods sake. For any incident in our area, we *WILL* arrvie atleast 20 minutes before the SES. Thats not some made up figure, thats the filtered driving time to the two closest SES units. Why is it so hard for peopel to understand this?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 20, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »
Nearest and most appropriate resource for gods sake. For any incident in our area, we *WILL* arrvie atleast 20 minutes before the SES. Thats not some made up figure, thats the filtered driving time to the two closest SES units. Why is it so hard for peopel to understand this?

I fully agree...the problem I THINK is on the words "appropriate resource"...different people have different interpretations. Especially for non 'life-threat' incidents in storms (eg roof damage).

Personally I think that agreements can help resolve the interpretation issues. For example, the RCR Resource book makes it really easy for the people dispatching resources to MVA incidents.

But you dont want paperwork for all incidents.

End of the day, the "quickest and safest help to the person in need" is the best option.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »

I do not know what is programmed into MFS computer system & I do not know which Brigade your from, but on face value of your posting, you would be the Primary Response for your area. Thus you will get the job because you are the quicker responder.

I believe the clause in the agreement was stating that for animal rescue you do not need to respond two organisations to the incident, because it is not a life threat (sorry all you cat lovers :evil:)

But at a 'building impact' incident, then fire and shoring expertise are responded automatically because it could be a 'life threat'.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:29:17 PM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 20, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »
Hi all,

Not so amusing but i am after some info.
Can anyone tell me who this page went to?
Thanks,

1906610 11:12:10 20-07-06 MFS: RESPOND RCR 20/07/06 11:11,PRINCES HWY,MENINGIE, MAP 0 0 0 ,,20 KM NORTH OF MENINGIE, SINGLE VEHICLE,,74529*CFSRES:

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 20, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »
It went to Meningie SES => Meningie = 74529

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 20, 2006, 01:54:14 PM »
Thanks for that. Meningie CFS were paged by SOCC.  SES say they never got a page at all.....then i see this on the pager site. Makes you wonder :roll:

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 20, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »
silly orange people
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 20, 2006, 02:07:18 PM »
Shhh. I didn't say that :-D So just to clarify, MFS are doing paging for SES now not SOCC.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 20, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
silly orange people

HA HA hee hee  :lol: :lol: :-D  :-D
Andrew Macmichael