Author Topic: Ammusing pager message.  (Read 1825996 times)

Toast

Re: Ammusing pager message.
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »
Only the SES cut up trees! The rest were there for firecover/emotional support.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »
MFS didnt send an appliance , wasnt necesary to send an appliance so far out of town for such a job.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #877 on: September 06, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »
was there any need for the cfs as well?

seriously someone needs to stop wasting the time of us vollies or people are gonna chuck the shits!

Its hard enough to keep people on as it is
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 06, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »
Could it be that the call-taker in both ComCens had more information about the MVA traffic risk ???

I do not know all of the information. But it could be that the tree is a major traffic hazard on the dual carriage way highway that has a lot of semi / b-double truck traffic.

My thoughts are it is better to protect and prevent an accident than turn out to a RCR.

If that is the case and MFS said no to turn out, then CFS could be on scene faster than SES. So to protect and prevent, this seems reasonable to me.

You turn out both brigades to a RCR in that location I assume, why not both to prevent a MVA ??
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
*Technically* MVA prevention is the job of SAPol, not the CFS, and if the CFS does go for traffic control, I think it should be a single brigade response initially, not two...

But if the community is safe, then I'm happy! :D

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 06, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »
its a second alarm tree down!!!

i would hazard a guess that MFS comms paged mfs by accident or due to some need they saw....

and simply CFS commcen then recieved a call be it from the public or whoever and responded appropriate cfs resources...

neither one knowing (or caring??)the other was going... lmao

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 06, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »
Aren't tree down responses the responsibility of SES,Local Council and Transport SA now  :?
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 07, 2006, 12:39:43 AM »
If there is a life risk (like a tree over a main road) the MFS will respond both the SES and the nearest fire service.
I think this is just until the SES can improve their response times...

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 07, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »
SES response times are just as good (and better in some cases) than a lot of CFS brigades in rural units...

youll find that all the RCR units are out the doors quick smart.. even for these kind of jobs...

:wink:

Toast

« Reply #884 on: September 07, 2006, 12:47:37 AM »
If there is a life risk (like a tree over a main road) the MFS will respond both the SES and the nearest fire service.
I think this is just until the SES can improve their response times...

Which in numerous areas, will never happen.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 07, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »
SES response times are just as good (and better in some cases) than a lot of CFS brigades in rural units...

youll find that all the RCR units are out the doors quick smart.. even for these kind of jobs...

The local unit has had some response times topping 20-30+ minutes lately for some serious MVA's yet they still don't respond another resource. :x

I think it's high time something is done with both services that states that if a truck aint rolling out the door within 10 minutes or so then you HAVE TO respond the next appropriate resource.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 07, 2006, 04:47:48 PM »
1925586 15:47:48 07-09-06 CT71 HAS SWOLLEN PENIS AND TESTICLES, DESCRIBED AS FOOTBALLS

Shouldn't laugh at others misfortune but i'd have to have a chuckle if that came up on my pager :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Toast

« Reply #887 on: September 07, 2006, 07:55:28 PM »

The local unit has had some response times topping 20-30+ minutes lately for some serious MVA's yet they still don't respond another resource. :x

I think it's high time something is done with both services that states that if a truck aint rolling out the door within 10 minutes or so then you HAVE TO respond the next appropriate resource.

Thats the problem. You just have to acknowledge the page within X mins, to avoid a default, no one said anything about having a resource out the door :wink:

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 07, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »

well I dunno about the SES, but CFS SOPs state the person acknowledging the page takes responsibility for ensuring either a timely response or default.  If that's not happening then arses should be kicked.

PS. heard this morning SOCC tell Aldgate (tree down 7:49am) the SES don't take stop calls from other agencies.  Aldgate had cleared it up, stopped Adl Hills SES, and left the scene by 8:15am.  I thought an SES person on here said a while ago that wasn't the case?  Did they still turn up?  (I didn't hear a peep from the SES).

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 07, 2006, 09:32:59 PM »
MFS: RESPOND VEHICLE RECOVERY 07/09/06 20:16,GORGE RD,ATHELSTONE, MAP 96 Q 16 ,,CAR IN TORRENS JUST BEFORE KANGAROO CREEK DAM P1 POSSIBLE PERSONS IN VEH.,72220*CFSRES:

:-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o

fire and rescue not responded!!!!!!!!

Offline Benji

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #890 on: September 07, 2006, 10:01:40 PM »
PS. heard this morning SOCC tell Aldgate (tree down 7:49am) the SES don't take stop calls from other agencies.  Aldgate had cleared it up, stopped Adl Hills SES, and left the scene by 8:15am.  I thought an SES person on here said a while ago that wasn't the case?  Did they still turn up?  (I didn't hear a peep from the SES).

Our Unit Manager was onsite and gave us the stop call so we went home. If we get a stop call given to us it depends on what it is if we stop or continue following normal road rules to check it out. For example a tree down we would generally go home on a stop call where as a building impact we would go and check it out to play safe.

We are having issues with the CRD process at the momment in regards to what priority jobs are and who gets sent to what. A dog stuck on a log in a river should not be a P2 job, and a P1 like the Gorge Rd should have other units/ESOs responding as well else its a P2. Its all fun and games til something goes really bad.
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 07, 2006, 10:20:51 PM »
MFS: RESPOND VEHICLE RECOVERY 07/09/06 20:16,GORGE RD,ATHELSTONE, MAP 96 Q 16 ,,CAR IN TORRENS JUST BEFORE KANGAROO CREEK DAM P1 POSSIBLE PERSONS IN VEH.,72220*CFSRES:

i read somewhere on these forums for SES that a p1 response for them is lights and sirens, with a CFS/MFS vehicle responding also. is this right?

You see on the pager site often pages sent out from MFS Station officers stop calling SES at jobs such as build impacts.

why only send SES to a job like the gorge rd one? everyone knows they take at least an hour to respond to anything! :wink:
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Toast

« Reply #892 on: September 08, 2006, 12:46:47 AM »
I think the issue is that the area its in, Athelstone is in (I assume) Athelstone CFS area. THEY should be responding incase there are any people in the car/for fire cover if the SES there happent to oddly be RCR.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 08, 2006, 12:48:31 AM »
athelstone would be rescue for that area... and reported people trapped n vehicle...

sure send SES, but shouldnt it have at least had fire service going? looks liek an MVA just of face value....

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 08, 2006, 09:07:21 AM »
Our Unit Manager was onsite and gave us the stop call so we went home. If we get a stop call given to us it depends on what it is if we stop or continue following normal road rules to check it out. For example a tree down we would generally go home on a stop call where as a building impact we would go and check it out to play safe.

ok good to hear!
(cos you would have looked a bunch of wallys turning up to that tree down!)

We are having issues with the CRD process at the momment in regards to what priority jobs are and who gets sent to what. A dog stuck on a log in a river should not be a P2 job, and a P1 like the Gorge Rd should have other units/ESOs responding as well else its a P2. Its all fun and games til something goes really bad.

particularly when that dog jumped off by itself anyway!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 08, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »

i read somewhere on these forums for SES that a p1 response for them is lights and sirens, with a CFS/MFS vehicle responding also. is this right?

You see on the pager site often pages sent out from MFS Station officers stop calling SES at jobs such as build impacts.

why only send SES to a job like the gorge rd one? everyone knows they take at least an hour to respond to anything! :wink:

P1 is lights and sirens for SES also,there are 4 categories for SES response.

This page clearly shows how screwed up the RCRD is.I checked all the paging around that time no response for Athelstone at all and no fire cover :?

It was a SAAS and SES response only....hmmmmm     
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 08, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
This one looks interesting:

BORDERTOWN SES TRAINING - DON'T DRIVE A LEMON PRESENTATION - CALL IN WITH APOLOGIES FROM SHELLY

Sounds a bit sour :-D

Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2006, 01:58:02 PM »
Wouldnt want to get a page to your own station would you :-D

MFS: RESPOND ALARM 36/033 08/09/06 13:15,SAMFS,ANGLE PARK STATION,456 GRAND JUNCTION RD ,ANGLE PARK, MAP 107 L 2 ,,,332 249*CFSRES: :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2006, 01:59:26 PM »
Wouldnt want to get a page to your own station would you :-D

MFS: RESPOND ALARM 36/033 08/09/06 13:15,SAMFS,ANGLE PARK STATION,456 GRAND JUNCTION RD ,ANGLE PARK, MAP 107 L 2 ,,,332 249*CFSRES: :lol:

filtered awesome response time tho :lol:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
Ever wondered why there isnt any pagers left :-D

R1HQ: Hi Terry - test page for new pager. Stop loosing them! Daniel

Now we know who :wink: :-D
Images are copyright

anything