Author Topic: Opps again  (Read 4374 times)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Opps again
« on: December 27, 2005, 06:16:44 PM »
I was listening to the scanner today and a group got a stop call for a strike team and the DGO came back and said ok, but we were not responded for a strike team. This is the second time this has happened, lets hope they can get it together before someone is hurt :evil:

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Re: Opps again
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:07:19 AM »
I Heard One For Call For A Strike Team, However Then Was Called Off About 5 Minutes Later & I Remember The DGO.  Maybe The Call Was Put To The Captain, However He Was Still Rounding Up Crew, Maybe That Is Why You Were Never Called?

I Remember The Call, & Don't Really Think It Was A Bit Deal As The Resources Were Not Required.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »
It turns out that the Mount Gambier Strike Team for Wrattonbully fire was stop called despite only having just arrived at the incident :lol:

While walking back to my truck after finding out that we were being allowed to go home i counted a total of 20 fire appliances lined up on the road side  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

strikeathird

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »
Nothing funnier than getting to KI on a strike team, and the IC asking...   What are you guys doing here....!

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 11:21:08 PM »
Nothing funnier than getting to KI on a strike team, and the IC asking...   What are you guys doing here....!
Or sitting at the staging area for half an hour before working out that your t-cards had been lost and the IC had forgotten you were there... :lol:

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 09:25:28 AM »
fire03rescue:
what fire are you talking about?

possibnly the problem with this is all the groups that pre-empt (sp?) strike teams and try to organise them early.. even though they havent actually been requested

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 06:24:05 PM »
I am sure we all have a story or three about getting there and being send home just as the stop comes in or better still getting to KI and they ask where are you from?? or we dont have a bed or food for you guys.....

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 07:19:49 AM »
MMM always the bed and food....

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 11:22:11 PM »
still wondering what this thread and the first post are actually about though???

anything