Author Topic: NEW 34  (Read 166533 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 34
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »
Air con......whats that? :wink:

Four windows down at 80km/hr with your head out the window.  :-)
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

Re: New 34 delays
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
I understand that due to on going problems with the new 34 appliances that no more will be sent to brigades till the problem(s) are fixed. Has anyone else heard this??

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New 34P
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2006, 05:06:26 PM »
I understand that due to on going problems with the new 34 appliances that no more will be sent to brigades till the problem(s) are fixed. Has anyone else heard this??
Dont know, i know they moved 7 from Moores to NE Isuzu late last week.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »
Moved posts relation to std 34's to the relevant thread - keeping thing tidy :)

sounds interesting...... brigades havent been told of any delays though...

rescue5271

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »
mmmmmmmmmm,I dont know why not,we are all well aware of the problems and one would hope that other's are also??

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »
Last thing I heard was ours is at moores waiting for Corey to deliver and that was about 4 weeks ago. :?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »
Just curious as to what the ongoing problems with the new 34's are??? The only problem with ours at the moment is the welds that are on the back near the chassis have cracked a little bit.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »
Not sure? Our 34 is out of the same batch as yours, we've got a few leaks around some of the joins on the plumbing and a 2 of the hoses on the workdeck have decided to blow off.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2006, 09:27:20 PM »
Not sure? Our 34 is out of the same batch as yours, we've got a few leaks around some of the joins on the plumbing and a 2 of the hoses on the workdeck have decided to blow off.

Yours would have done heaps more work than ours so thats not too bad.
We had one of the bolts near the impellor come out one day, the second hand siren box in the truck is shagged, and the pump panel vibrated that much that the bolts came out, but other than that it hasn't been too bad.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2006, 07:31:28 AM »
I hope you guys are all reporting these problems that wat tech services can do something about it...

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
Where still waiting for ours. I was told it is at Murry Bridge waiting to be delivered. Not sure now when that will be. I hope it will be soon.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2006, 10:17:36 AM »
I hope you guys are all reporting these problems that wat tech services can do something about it...

All problems reported and fixed except for the weld thing that has only just been discovered.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »
Interesting thought .......

MFS have on-call staff to fix appliances and a mobile workshop (Noddy) to service Metropolitan Adelaide (I believe Country Command send their appliance to Aelaide when they need to be fixed)

YET

CFS who services 96% of SA with in excess of 400 stations has no such facility.

Maybe CFS needs to look across the boarder to Victoria (mmm...well at least for the idea) and see what they have set up with Regionally based Mobile mechanics and repair/maintenance vehicles - costly to set up, but surely in the long run would be very cost effective and then as problems occur they could be fixed and for reoccuring problems the teams could attend the stations and fix them instead of doing a recall or just waitring for it to happen :-D
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »
The front springs on our 24p are inverted to what they should be, we go over a railway line on the MT Compass road at 40kph and it feels like the wheels and suspension are going to come throught the cab, it is a major OH&S issue yet CFS won't fork out the few grand to fix each appliance with this problem.

Just wondering if any other brigade is having this issue with the First batch of dual cab 24p's (2000 model i think)???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2006, 11:48:43 AM »
You want a list as long as the great wall of china :P ...

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2006, 08:18:56 AM »
the inverted springs are an issue on almost all of the isuzu's i believe. The last roll out of SES vehicles all had the problem.... it was questioned, and they were told it was 'normal'.....

great isnt it... normal, but not necisarily good!  :roll:

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
Normal my a#@^ i've had this argument with our group officer, i've never ever seen those sorts of springs that are "meant" to run that way.  And the fact that we hit a bump one day that we didn't see coming and i swear to god i'm now 2 inches shorter and missing a vertebrae. :wink:

The new 34's have the springs the right way (Just), but for how long it will be intersting to see
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:36:49 AM by mundcfs »
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2006, 08:38:56 AM »
most certainly not disagreeing with that.... its not right and it should be fixed.... maybe we should start thinking about near miss forms whenever we hit a bump.
Problem with that is they will blame the driving style not the vehicle.... (maybe true sometimes... but)

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 09:11:49 AM »
We were told off record that the trucks are only designed to go around a forest on tracks at 20 kph not screaming down victor harbour rd at 120kph so what do we expect.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2006, 09:27:11 AM »
Our 34 handles ok off road but our 24p handles around corners like a lowered car because it has no sespension but hit A  bump and its like bunny hopping sometimes. the springs are that bad that there are marks on the springs from the chassis stops which are only 4cm from the springs and thats from taking it easy.

But we were told that even near miss forms aren't likely to get the CFS to  fix the problem it's up to our group to fix the problem, and our group doesn't have the funds to do that.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
CFS has an obligation and duty of care to investigate all issues raised by Accident / Near Miss forms.

With this in mind maybe the right approach is to start filling them in.

Time consuming yes, but if they are more than just an isolated issue, it can't be ignored.

This was the way a batch of 24's had their road lugger tryes replaced (that were US both on and off road) in the mid nineties - took time but it did happen and ultimately CFS had no option but to address the issue
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »
Does anyone know if the CFS are trialling roller shutters on the lockers of the new 34's? There are a few sitting at NE Isuzu but 1 one of them has these instead of the normal lockers.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »
Have just been told that 11 of the 13 new 34 made have been taken back to  NE Isuzu, for problems to be fixed. OHS&W issues I have been told but not what? can anyone tell me what?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2006, 02:42:57 PM »
Front drivers seat breaking, the side mirrors when tightened up fully move when driving we had a new set of mirrors sent down and they are worse than the original ones. Our siren (which is second hand) doesn't work properly but thats a Moore's issue. And our's just went back to Moore's last week because the welds holding the rear of the appliance to the chassis had cracked.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

PF_

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »
Why is there so many problems with these when the old ones work fine.  Heard that CFA built trucks dont have problems, know of one brigade that is getting a CFA built 34.

anything