Author Topic: truck types  (Read 8915 times)

probie_boy

truck types
« on: February 22, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
my brigade currently has two trucks. a 19 year old 12 and a 24 that is newer. during one discussion i heard about the CFS owning two european made 22's. Has anyone seen these before? if so post pics as well as pics of your brigades trucks.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: truck types
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:35:01 PM »
no - haven't seen any european made trucks - but have seen a sensational british made Dennis at Mt Barker - bit more than your average 22 8-)
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »
There are a couple of Volvo appliances wihtin CFS that I know of, Cleve has a 32 and Belair's pumper.  There may be others. Eight 22's get a mention on the CFS promo site, and all are Hino's.

Regards,

Calspec

probie_boy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:04:19 AM »
yeah, i've seen belair's pumper. blackwood also had an old mercedes that has now been retired yet is still sitting behind their station with just the brigade name removed. can anyone shed some light on this

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »
Might be hard to get an appliance behind Blackwood station - think they have problem swinging a cat 'behind' the station :evil:, but down the side with the car wrecks - no probs :wink:

In one of the other posts some said the old Blackwood 24 was still there while some engineering issues were being addressed on the new Blackwood 24 CAFS
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

probie_boy

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 08:24:11 AM »
yeah, interesting you say that. about 3-4 months after blackwood got their new truck i saw it sitting on the side of upper sturt road broken down. My old man said he saw b'wood using their old 24 at a burnoff with their CAFS not long after. i wonder if its still listed as a response truck?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »
There are a couple of Volvo appliances wihtin CFS that I know of, Cleve has a 32 and Belair's pumper.  There may be others. Eight 22's get a mention on the CFS promo site, and all are Hino's.

Regards,

Calspec

Just curious is cleve 32 and burnside pumper the same kind of vehicle, made by the same people?? (Other than volvo of course) :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

probie_boy

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 08:29:45 AM »
I dunno what cleve's 32 looks like, but belairs pumper and burnside's look pretty identical. I'd say those two were probably made together as they are about the same age.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »
Cleve 32 and Burnside pumper are identical (except for each brigades own after market changes) and were made by Mills-Tui at the same time.

Belair's Volvo is a few years newer and was made by Carey Gully engineering i believe. It is a fair bit different to the other 2.

probie_boy

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »
well, there you go, shows how much i know! yeah does anyone have pics of the 22's?

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »
I believe they all have a jmp 400 darley 2 stage pump

Offline calspec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »
Most of the 22's are based on the mid-to-late-80's Hino GD, single cab 2WD.  Similar to a lot of the 24 units that exist everywhere.  Obvious difference being lack of 4WD capability.  There is one twin cab version as well.

Probie Boy, I don't know if you are aware of the CFS Promotions site - it can answer a lot of your questions.  Visit: http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/Default.asp

If you go to appliance search and type in 22 in appliance type, you will be able to see pics of them.

Calspec

probie_boy

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 03:15:09 PM »
yeah mate i just found that site, cheers for that. Yeah they look no different ay. I thought they'd look more european, kinda like the volvo pumpers or something.