Author Topic: Content  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Content
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
Reminder that if someone posts inappropriate content advise the moderation team who will act next time they visit the site. Flaming the poster feeds the issue.

We would prefer that the thread continue on it's topic, while ignoring the errant post.

Thoughts on this are welcome...

strikeathird

Re: Content
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 10:37:14 AM »
Fair call. Don't think any one is deliberately flaming any one, more so sometimes expressing that they didn't appreciate, or how they interpreted a certain post.. So the poster can either explain what the interpretation of the post should be, or re-post..

And if something is just plain silly.. I think getting told by a couple of fellow forum users that your out of line isn't really a big deal..

Most of us are adults after all.. And those that aren't are old enough to ride a CFS rig, so old enough to get told there post may be innapropriate...

But, thats just my thoughts.

:-)

(Fell free to tell me my post may be innapropriate... I can take it..  :-D )

PF_

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
I'm telling mummy!!!!

:-P

Im not having a whinge or anything, but often topics do go off on a tangent sometimes.  is that okay as long as it doesnt go to far?

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »
were all human, topics do stray from time to time.... the catch is to split it off into another topic if it looks like its going to be an ongoing conversation. The comments about the best bakery were a good example.... something that will more than likely be ongoing that was placed in a different thread.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
By errant post I mean content that is objectionable and unwanted on this site, so in that context I am not referring to off topic posts.

To answer your question.
When posting consider if what you aim to say is on topic for the thread, if it's not then we prefer you start a new topic. We allow some latitude for threads to digress so long as they come back on track. :-D

probie_boy

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
amen to that. so basically no threads like "CFS are all losers who make love to fire trucks" and so on. hmm i worry myself sometimes