Author Topic: EFS/CFS/ history  (Read 2194 times)

rescue5271

EFS/CFS/ history
« on: April 22, 2006, 08:59:06 AM »
So tell me why is it that we here in SA don't have much in the way of keeping a true record of history of what took place when it come's to the efs/cfs. How many brigades have had the chance to write a book or boolet about their brigade and how the community really do get behind the service in a time of need. I have only ever come across 3 books about the efs/cfs and was wondering if there are any more out there????

We should try and safe what history is left and pick the minds of those members who know what took place from the early days,story's,joke's and the true meaning of being a volunteer. I know there is the committee up and running to look/safe older appliances but what about the book/photo history is there room for a new book that looks at the true service.

I have been reading a mag I get from TASFIRE and a brigade over there just released a book on the 90 years of service to the community and then there are lots of CFA brigades that have great reading history books. Time to look into our history and safe it before its too late....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: EFS/CFS/ history
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »
Im not sure why they dont keep records in the EFS days rescue5271 but accordng to my dad who joined the CFS in 1979-1980 when it was EFS then he said that the bases or brigades didnt keep log of the incidents attended

However like yourself i did some research a couple years ago and stumbled across a old KEFS ( Kalangadoo Emergency Fire Service) station log book from the mid-late 1950's just laying around in the fire shed

Also the tried by fire book had some information about when Kalangadoo EFS was join and what equipment they were given to start off with... but thats all i can find so out would be good if you are able to track down some more info
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: EFS/CFS/ history
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 12:27:52 PM »
If you look back at some of the EFS/CFS figures for brigade call outs from the late 70`s into the early 80`s you will find a lot of stations that attended a few or even no calls for many years. Simply due to the fact that they didnt lodge fire reports to HQ or region. Record keeping was done well by some brigades and not very well by others.