General Discussion > Women of the Fire Industry

women in the service's

(1/10) > >>

rescue5271:
recently I had a lady ask me about joining a brigade that was looking for members,so I said to her go along to one of their training session and see what its all about. she did this and really enjoyed it so they gave her all the forms to fill in and do the checks. all was going fine till the BFF1 came up and in the two weeks leading up to it she felt that because of two male's that she would never get on the appliances..... So she left and joined the SES and is still there...

Its true there are still brigdae's out there that will not let females on the front line and once again they loose a new member...........TIME FOR CHANGE.......

Robert-Robert34:
I agree rescue5271 we should be allowing females to become volunteers and be allowed to go to the frontline rather than them being stuck in front of a radio at the sation or operations center

My mum was hesitant of joining the CFS 10 years ago due to most our brigade being made up of male members but this didn't stop her from joining and being put on the frontline

Its entirely up to the new recruits whether they want to be placed on the front line or in the comms room

PF_:
Thats no good, had to reread that message cause I thought it said the 2 males said she'd never get on the appliance, that would have been disgraceful if that happened, luckily I read it twice.

We got two female members in our brigade, one who happens to be my mum :-P  Everyone gets along fine, no drama's.

Mike:
Unfortunately its something I notice in our area as well......

Particularly hard for the younger to get a foot in the door. Ive spent many hours talking to a few people, trying to convince them then can beat the "road blocks" (for want of a better description).

Not good at all!

backburn:
We have 4 females in our brigade and it made one male member leave as they all got there before he could, so he would often miss the truck. Responce time was made quicker as most live closer now and no need to waite if we have 5 members on the truck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version