Author Topic: Purchase of land Seaford and Aldinga  (Read 11262 times)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Purchase of land Seaford and Aldinga
« on: June 30, 2006, 02:19:58 PM »
This is from the MFS Union website
http://www.ufusa.asn.au/wordback6.pdf
SEAFORD/ALDINGA
The Union was pleased to note that following extensive lobbying from both the SAMFS and the UFU the Government recently purchased land at both Seaford and Aldinga which is earmarked as future SAMFS Fire Stations. The Union has always held the view that as all people now pay the Emergency Services Levy, they should be entitled to the provision of the best available emergency service response.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase of land Seaford and Aldinga
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
I posted that topic and thread ages ago. Doesnt mean stations will be built next week though. Just pre-planning for the future.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 03:54:38 PM »
may be the union is going to build a retreat for all its members,but if there area is getting good service from the CFS does there need to be a MFS station there and where are they going to get the mann power from????

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:44:21 PM »
Other organisations have purchased land in the Seaford area for the future. This includes Scouting who have a large block of undeveloped land on Commercial Rd near Moana Heights. They have been sitting on this land for ages.

I believe the Seaford Meadows development plan does detail another fire station, primary school, shops, etc. But with SAFECOM now trying to control physical assets, it could be for a bigger & better CFS station. :wink:
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 04:53:17 PM »
I dont mind them building an MFS station there in the future if needed but this bit here is the kick in the teeth to any cfs vollie

The Union has always held the view that as all people now pay the Emergency Services Levy, they should be entitled to the provision of the best available emergency service response.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 05:06:29 PM »
Camo,write to the VFBA and see if they can do anything about it :?

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 05:15:35 PM »
It would be like a david vs galioth battle....haha

Someone needs to bring the response times of Murray Bridge MFS to the attention of the union.  I know plenty of CFS brigades that can get out the door faster then this station.
Compton CFS Website

rescue5271

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
May be this is a opening for a paid and volunteer station like CFA......

Offline Crankster 34

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 06:28:36 PM »
They have also said they have purchased land at Mount Barker as well. I would expect that this would come as no surprise to those in that brigade.
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

rescue5271

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 08:28:19 PM »
well I guess they will also order a couple of new fire boats with all these marinas going to open along the coast from Meningie all the way to ROBE...better still open a MFS boat station at Meningie and we can use it for fishing...

Toast

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 04:13:18 AM »
I dont mind them building an MFS station there in the future if needed but this bit here is the kick in the teeth to any cfs vollie

The Union has always held the view that as all people now pay the Emergency Services Levy, they should be entitled to the provision of the best available emergency service response.

Because 4 blokes waiting next to a fire truck, is exactly the same as 25+ sitting at home needing to drive to the station, where the posibility still exists that no-one will show up.

:roll:

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 09:03:10 AM »
it sounds harsh i understand that Camo;

but who can argue that the CFS way is better than 3 firies and an SO sitting with the appliance 24/7 available to respond

PF_

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 04:04:10 PM »
It can only be a good thing to put in MFS stations for the above mentioned reasons.  I dont see why CFS people have a problem with an MFS team with them, doesnt mean you lose all your calls, works fine for Salisbury to share the area. 
Anyway more MFS Stations means they need more people so better chance of getting in when applying. :-)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
well I guess they will also order a couple of new fire boats with all these marinas going to open along the coast from Meningie all the way to ROBE...better still open a MFS boat station at Meningie and we can use it for fishing...

Mmmm.... one of those down our way would be nice (Boat that is)!!!!

Whats everyones opinion on boats in the CFS???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 04:50:48 PM »
I can see a need for a couple of boats,along the Murray and down the south east if the new development goes ahead would be nice.. I am sure they alreday use SES boats in some areas?

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »

but who can argue that the CFS way is better than 3 firies and an SO sitting with the appliance 24/7 available to respond

Im not arguing the fact that the MFS arent quicker then the CFS in regards to 24/7 but its more the way the union have written it.

If you want to read it the way they have written it there would be MFS in every town across the state as everyone pays the ESL.
Compton CFS Website

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 05:09:59 PM »
I can see a need for a couple of boats,along the Murray and down the south east if the new development goes ahead would be nice.. I am sure they alreday use SES boats in some areas?

most ses units along the river and near marine areas have a boat... yank, kingston, berri, blanchetown, barmera for example...

not sure how often they get used to assist CFS, ive heard of them being used to transport gear/guys to islands along the murray in lagoons and the like.

Toast

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »

Im not arguing the fact that the MFS arent quicker then the CFS in regards to 24/7 but its more the way the union have written it.

If you want to read it the way they have written it there would be MFS in every town across the state as everyone pays the ESL.

You wouldnt prefer a 24/7 manned fire station to protect you and your family?

PF_

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »
Do any stations ever sit and wait at their station for the calls to come, especially on really hot high fire danger windy days?

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 06:56:16 PM »
Some stations do go to active standby on extreme days. Not just ban days but when the FDI is maybe 65+. I know Para group actually request their brigades to go on active standby on particular days. They usually have enough people around to do that.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »
depends how crank you are  :wink:

my group will go on standby occasionally depending on the FDIs... its relatively common across several regions

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 09:08:37 AM »

You wouldnt prefer a 24/7 manned fire station to protect you and your family?

Well thats not really the issue im referring too.  I would love that but its just the way the union have gone about it that is a kick in the teeth.
Compton CFS Website

rescue5271

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 07:52:10 PM »
Depends if the power is out and the air con is working at teh station,we have a few members who will sit or be clsoe to the station on a bad day...

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 12:49:35 PM »
i feel i little sorry for those guys, feeling undermined. however, more stations = more MFS positions available. Maybe then it won't be so hard to get into.
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Toast

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 03:02:21 PM »
We'll go on standby depending on the FDI's, or if it's looking lke a bad day. Theres enough at the station to keep us busy.

anything