Author Topic: Land ownership changes for CFS brigades  (Read 3290 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Land ownership changes for CFS brigades
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
I was trawling through my local government council website and came across the following:-

The land that the CFS Brigade shed for McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat are on is changing ownership.

Previously the land was a Community Reserve Land title via the Onkaparinga Council. Now the land will now be transferred 'to the Minister for Emergency Services under the Emergency Services Funding Act 1998'.

For more details see:

http://www.onkaparingacity.com/web/page?pg=280&stypen=html

Under Council meeting dated 4 July 2006. See the Agenda document, attachment 6.8 and attachment 6.9

Would this alter anything you can build or do on the land ?

Is the Onkaparinga Council just slow (given the Act is dated 1998) or are the other councils already transferring the land ? In other words, who owns the land that your Unit/Brigade facilities are built on ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Land ownership changes for CFS brigades
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »
getting permission for any kind of development on any land is hard nowadays. not sure how this would affect that brigade
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Offline Crankster 34

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 01:48:36 PM »
I believe this is part of the ongoing negotiations to have the land that CFS stations sit on to be handed over to SAFECOM. I think this is already agreed between the government and councils that it will happen, it's just a matter of it actually occuring.

I think in some instances where fire stations are co-located with other services or clubs then there is still some fighting going on though.
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Toast

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »
Just don't ask about anything in regards to the ownership of Stirling Station...

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »
Just don't ask about anything in regards to the ownership of Stirling Station...

Don't say that! Now you've made me curious. What's the deal with the ownership of Stirling Station?

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:21:25 PM »
This has been going on for year down here and all land where CFS station where on council have been transfered over to SAFECOM...

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:00:11 PM »
off topic a bit... but makes it a slight PITA when ya working on station mods...

anything