Author Topic: 'Type 2' Pumpers  (Read 37750 times)

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
Re: 'Type 2' Pumpers
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
I think you will find there is alot of brigades out there that need more then what they have but i guess we can only do with what money we have.

Minister may we have some more?

MORE?????
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006, 03:07:26 PM »
Yes Minister where is all our ESL going,considering we are paying it as well :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »
Yes Minister where is all our ESL going,considering we are paying it as well :evil:

Bit of a strange statement there safirey... would have thought that as a member of the emergency services you would have an inside perspective of the amount of money that goes into appliances, PPE, training, operational services, etc...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »

Bit of a strange statement there safirey... would have thought that as a member of the emergency services you would have an inside perspective of the amount of money that goes into appliances, PPE, training, operational services, etc...

True I do, but some groups dont get as much as they should so why wont the Minister give CFS more funding from all the ESL is the question :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Sam

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Scanning South Australia
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2006, 09:16:12 PM »
Yeah most brigades need more than they have.... Doesn't mean that you cant try with what you have got.. We have a winery here that stores millions of litres of spirits at once, we carry over 1,000 litres of foam... It doesn't last long and once that is gone it just becomes a logistical nightmare.

Anything current that has a decent pumping capacity is normally PTO driven, and normally is 2 wheel drive, except for a few 24 URPs out there.

It is an urban truck made for urban jobs..... You replace a rural truck with one you are down a truck for rural jobs?

Fixed alarms and private alarm, well all that i can say is that the "potential" for "real" incidents is their. I don't care that people say they are only alarms and they did no real fires, but it could just happen all at once one day!

It goes the same with MVA's i think in regards to entrapments no entrapments,,, does it mean that you only do 20 extractons a year and 40 non extractions mean that you shouldn't have RCR gear???

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »
There are bulk storage of foam in adelaide and most fire protection companys have foam sitting around just in case.....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2006, 04:35:17 AM »
Rumour has it that Mt Barker are getting another one to replace the Dennis :-o
Images are copyright

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2006, 07:07:47 AM »
Why I thought they liked that?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2006, 08:13:30 AM »
Why I thought they liked that?

Just underwent a $18,000 transmision rebuild so I dont know why :-o
Images are copyright

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2006, 10:13:39 AM »
Where did you hear it cost $18,000 dollars?.........I don't think so.

pumprescue

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:05 PM »
Rescue 5271 just  wondering where you info is coming from cause i reckon it is way off the mark...goolwa??

PF why would you give Salisbury a Pumper, they don't have an area, they live in MFS area.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2006, 08:23:09 PM »
All of Burton and Bolivar are in Salisbury CFS response area. The water plant, fibreglass products manufacturers and many other industries. Probably have more urban risk than some brigades that do have urban pumpers.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »
Why do barker need 2 pumpers??
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2006, 12:58:07 AM »
Its not about the truck, its about the stowage. One is an urban pumper, with urban pumper stowage, the other is a Rescue truck, with rescue stowage. Not to mention that Mt. Barker has a rather decent residential risk and a very nice amount of industrial risk.

Pumprescue, I think you might be in for a surprise buddy....

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006, 07:36:48 AM »
Barker is a has huge areas of recent development and needs those pumpers it is probarly one of the few brigades with sufficent trucks for it's risk.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2006, 07:54:17 AM »
hmmm i would say they still have insufficent appliances to cover there rural risk.... :wink:

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2006, 08:18:57 AM »
your being smart :lol:

any rural risk can pull the surrounding rural stuff littlehampton, Brukunga, Nairn, Medows etc... or mabey we should get them 2 more 24s?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2006, 02:37:29 PM »
We currently cover,
6000+ residents in Goolwa and approximatly 1500 on hindmarsh island (Thats full time residents, during holidays that jumps to nearly 13,000)
1 100 bed nursing home and one that has just been completed that covers nearly one hectare in size.
Over 100 two and 3 storey town houses in the marina
2 high density retirement villages with 2 more on the way
An industrial area that in the next 2 years will be the biggest on the flurieu
A shopping complex that has 2 supermarkets and a number of other smaller shops.
2 Schools that have 750+ students each.
An airport that stores up to 20+ light planes at any one time with 2 50,000 litre (approx) above ground AvGas tanks.
And another 1500 houses in the marina and 1200 more in another development down the road which will be built within the next few years.

We will be doing whatever it is you have to do to put in for a pumper, we may not get it but we believe we need it?? who knows we might get lucky and get one but i doubt it. We had to fight really hard just to get our 20 year old 34 changed, but will see???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2006, 02:39:56 PM »
Just out of curiosity what other pumpers out there that would be better for CFS than the type 2's but similar price??
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 02:46:05 PM by MundCFS »
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »
If the CFS supported its prototype appliances (eg: Stirling Pumper/Blackwood CAFS) then we would have good options available to us. Stirling pumper for example is a great appliance, it just needs a second stage on the pump. The NSWFB Type Two was built for NSW conditions, not SA conditions. Lets get it right, built our own and then make them standard.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »
dunno bout bwd cafs..... personally i wouldnt of reccomended it as a standard appliance type..... some may argue that.

MundCFS - im pretty sure the CFS might find it hard to ignore a need for a pumper (should it be needed) once the SFEC upgrade is doen... when it will be done? who knows???

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »
I wouldnt rave about Stirling pumper that thing spends more time in the workshops than the friggin station. There is a good reason the CFS only had one of them made.

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
Its only been in the workshop as a result of the CFS and their attempts to cut costs  :wink:

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2006, 11:00:10 PM »
But it wasn't even built here...not sure the argument of "built for SA conditions" really holds up, considering that Stirling Pumper was built in WA.......  :|

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2006, 11:34:46 PM »
Who says you have to build a truck in the state its designed for?  Type twos are built in SA but are designed by and for the NSW fire service (hence being called type 2s).
Stirling pumper was designed by the locals for the local area... If it had been built to the plan, there wouldn't have been any problems...

MundCFS, I'm not denying that you need a pumper, but are there any boosters that you can't boost with your current appliances, or high-rise buildings that need a pumper?

Finally, does anyone know the cost of a Type 2?