Author Topic: THE SITE  (Read 4653 times)

rescue5271

THE SITE
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »
Well this site has been going for sometime now and I would like to hear what people really think of it,its good and bad points but above all has the site had any complaints about how its run and how people have their say??? I was once informed that this site should be closed as of all the bad publicty it gives to the service????? But to me its a way of expressing one's view and his/her view only not that of a brigade/unit.. Now if the CFS did want to close the site they could...So be nice and constuctive and lets see some good feed back and respect what others say....

Toast

Re: THE SITE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »
Its not too bad, it would be good to get a few more people on here. When discussions are going well, everything is peachy, this doesn't always happen though...

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:22:18 AM »
Well this site has been going for sometime now and I would like to hear what people really think of it,its good and bad points but above all has the site had any complaints about how its run and how people have their say??? I was once informed that this site should be closed as of all the bad publicty it gives to the service????? But to me its a way of expressing one's view and his/her view only not that of a brigade/unit.. Now if the CFS did want to close the site they could...So be nice and constuctive and lets see some good feed back and respect what others say....

That's gold "If the CFS want to close the site they could" I don't think that is the case.... :-D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:50:02 PM by Firefrog »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:48:38 AM »
I believe this site is well moderated & has a reasonable amount of freedom to express ideas, thoughts, etc. It is good to see what ideas, opinions and systems are from country and city regions quickly.

The Internet medium (be it this site or any other site) needs to be publicised more to other people interested. But it does restrict to tech savy people who own the equipment. It will never cover everyone.

I understand 'members only' areas of CFS and SES websites are planned, so that information can be distributed quickly from paid staff to volunteers. How this will work I am unsure.

Unfortunately text writing can be mis-interpreted very easily and emphasis placed on a section that was not intended by the author.

Hopefully the tolerance from hierarchy will continue, but I feel the silent monitors are beginning to discuss posting with people when they feel it is inappropriate. People are changing login names to continue being anonymous. This does worry me that we cannot speak freely.

The end of my rant......I feel better now.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 04:07:59 PM »
We are all entitled to say what we like,just some people think they know it all and have only been in teh service 5 mins....Please stay on topic.....

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »
...Please stay on topic.....

Blinky, I am curious. Was the above comment general or specific to this thread ??

The reason I have asked is that I cannot see on this specific thread, any posting that has not referenced the topic ? Am I missing something ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »
I do feel that at times we go of topic and it take's long time to get back on it....

Offline firefighter_sa

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 08:37:11 AM »
Hi there all

Firefrog:

That's gold "If the CFS want to close the site they could" I don't think that is the case....

Its was strongly considered and in fact still hated and talked about within some circles. 

Thought of the day "wouldnt the world be booring if we were all the same".

Wayne
Wayne Ellard

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »
This site is good, great place to let of a bit of steam. I don't agree with everthing on this site ( not saying i am correct)But it is a great way to get information about what other brigades and services do.
I think people put things on the site because of the frustrations with the way things are done in the service.
Hey I still think the CFS is great

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 12:14:49 PM »
Hi there all

Firefrog:

That's gold "If the CFS want to close the site they could" I don't think that is the case....

Its was strongly considered and in fact still hated and talked about within some circles. 

Thought of the day "wouldnt the world be booring if we were all the same".

Wayne

In reality what could they do? This site is designed to be a safe and informal place for all fire fighters volunteer or not to get together on the web. If any circles don't like open frank and healthy discussion maybe they are the ones with agendas.

Organisations can't just shut sites down because they don't like them....The notion is just funny :-D

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 02:32:07 PM »
In reality what could they do?
nothing at all! The worst they could do is tell you not to use the CFS logo, and we know what an uproar that would cause ;)

rescue5271

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »
To be honest this site is well read by a lot of people and they may not have any input but they do like what they read and they take it on board. I am not sure why people are scared of what is talked about on here and in some cases we are only passing on information that we see in our day to day life as cfs/mfs/ses members. May be this type of forum is needed at the NEXT VOLUNTEER SUMMIT,one where only the ground troops attend no officers and little paid staff open floor for firefighters.....

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 04:25:29 PM »
In reality what could they do?
nothing at all! The worst they could do is tell you not to use the CFS logo, and we know what an uproar that would cause ;)

The Site Doesn't Use The Logo The Members Do.  The Only Thing The Site Has Logo Wise Is In The Avatars.  But That Could Easily Be Removed And I Am Sure Members Would Get Them From Else Where.

anything