Author Topic: pbi gold  (Read 45843 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: pbi gold
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 12:56:51 AM »
Some people may carry their gear in their vehicles because they work 10kms or so from the station and if a BA job goes down they can head straight to the scene and meet up with the appliance(s). ( Unfortunatly some of us brigades don't have huge amounts of BA operators so every single one counts).
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »
Someone might want to steal it so that they could could imitate being a firey to carry out criminal acts. Fireys are one of the most trusted profesions in oz so they say.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 10:18:36 AM »
or cos there group wont let them have it  :wink:

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 10:03:35 PM »
Interesting Page seen this evening

1909195 21:24:50 14-08-06  FOR BRIGADE INFO, PBI GOLD IS NOT TO BE WORN TO ANY FIRE CALL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.LT3

This was from the Salisbury Brigade.....anyone care to share?
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 11:47:39 PM »
Maybe they have to do a weekend training course first... :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »
before i answer thie question on the page how did you know it was from Salisbury??????

Apparently the powers that be need a week to sort out some admin stuff or something.
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 09:00:04 PM »
I have this like psychic power or something
Compton CFS Website

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2006, 12:13:31 AM »
Recognise the pager No. 9195 is the last 4 digits of Salisbury:-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

corecutters

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »
Sailsbury are 9119.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »

1909195 is the pager capcode for Salisbury_Info (nothing to do with appliance numbers)

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 11:47:05 AM »
Is there a list of pager capcodes :? in particular CFS.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »
Last I Heard Was That PBI Shouldn't Have Been Issued As They Have Still Not Worked Out The Cleaning Process.  This Came From Group Who Were Advised By SHQ.  I Believe There Are Only 2 Groups That Have Not Given Out PBI.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 05:37:33 PM by CyberCitizen »

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2006, 06:11:43 PM »
There are cleaning instructions in the booklet that comes with the gear, and SAMFS have been cleaning theirs since they got it last year.... I doubt cleaning is the issue here...

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2006, 09:39:13 AM »
Well, August is here, well past the deadline for distribution and we still haven't seen ours :cry:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2006, 10:25:50 AM »
Latest policy on PBI Gold for cleaning.....must be bagged up with your name on it and station and sent to your Regional Office at brigades expense and then sent on to Lion for cleaning...however they did say you can clean them in a front loading washing machine.Regional offices will supposedly have loan gear(10 sets)of NOMEX GEAR to swap until you get yours back.(Lead time about 3 weeks)Gee wouldnt want a sudden influx of them coming in would you..brigades might get caught short if they get a structure job :roll: 
Images are copyright

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:14 AM »
What happened to Lion Apparel providing a spare set of PBI Gold in your size?  And honestly, why does it take 3 WEEKS to get cleaned? that's terrible.. :(

Toast

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2006, 01:40:16 PM »
Hmm, send it away from three weeks, or clean it at home in an afternoon....

I know what I'm doing!

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »
Last I Heard Was That PBI Shouldn't Have Been Issued As They Have Still Not Worked Out The Cleaning Process.  This Came From Group Who Were Advised By SHQ.  I Believe There Are Only 2 Groups That Have Not Given Out PBI.

Cyber - you need to get your G.O. to ring Amanda at Region One and speak to her, there is a process in place which is working well for cleaning the gear.

I know that your G.O. likes to be in control of EVERYTHING in that group but he has to let go a bit, why risk someone getting injured wearing non Australian Standard approved PPE when you've got the stuff sitting in a store room in a station.

Regional offices will supposedly have loan gear(10 sets)of NOMEX GEAR to swap until you get yours back.(Lead time about 3 weeks)

Why would Region be giving you Nomex, most people should still have Nomex sitting on their hook anyway to wear to grassies. We found that if you want the stuff cleaned quickly drop it off at Lion yourself, we picked it up three days later all ready to go.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 03:05:37 PM »
Received some info last night

All PBI is scheduled to be delivered no later then the end of september and will be accompanied by a FLASH HOOD!!!

And those that didnt receive flash hoods before will receive them in this time period as well.

Camo
Compton CFS Website

PF_

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »
my brigade got the last of theirs now and a flsah hood was definetely included so it is all happening.

rescue5271

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Dont think it should come out of brigade or group funds to sned the gear away for cleaning not our fault that it has to go all the way back to the city....via hong kong

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2006, 07:49:22 PM »
Yep....and there are still brigades out there who still have Proban overalls one and two piece style,but also brigades who dont even have a BA set on the appliance.How can we serve our communities if we cant even get the gear to do the job :?

Images are copyright

rescue5271

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2006, 08:26:41 PM »
I dont wear CABA,so is PBI GOLD the answer to our needs or have we been pushed into buying it???I think there was not much planning into how to do the cleaning of it and where and how it gets from point x to point a for cleaning and that there was no planning in spare gear while you wait 3 weeks for it to come back.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2006, 12:07:53 PM »
I know that your G.O. likes to be in control of EVERYTHING in that group but he has to let go a bit, why risk someone getting injured wearing non Australian Standard approved PPE when you've got the stuff sitting in a store room in a station.

Well I Guess You Know Where I Am From.  I Have Already Had 2x Structure Fires In Nothing But Proban Cause Thats All I Have.  Nothing Major But We Have Been Told That We Can't Have Nomex, But Can't Have Our PBI Yet Either.

I Will Just Keep Fighting The Fires & Wait And See What Happens.  Overall I Am Not That Concerned Cause If I Think Something Is Risky Enough That I Need The New PBI I Won't Put Myself In That Suitation.

Toast

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »
Overall I Am Not That Concerned Cause If I Think Something Is Risky Enough That I Need The New PBI I Won't Put Myself In That Suitation.

You already have, twice!

anything