Author Topic: ses road crash  (Read 13108 times)

Offline Smallflame

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: ses road crash
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
Oh so we are inventing new words now. rapider?

Sounds like a super fast moving spider  :| HEAD FOR THE HILLS!

pumprescue

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »
So after all the talk in this topic back to my question. Is the SES running a AFAC Australian standard RCR course. For example if a SES rescue person was on a CFS truck and said they were rescue qualified is it all the same? I know in the passed that would have been laughed at because their rescue course did not even involve tool work.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »
So after all the talk in this topic back to my question. Is the SES running a AFAC Australian standard RCR course. For example if a SES rescue person was on a CFS truck and said they were rescue qualified is it all the same? I know in the passed that would have been laughed at because their rescue course did not even involve tool work.

Since when did the SES RCR course not involve tool work? Why would a RCR course not involve tool work? Isn't that the really big part of RCR; being able to extricate someone? Don't you need tools for that? (and I don't just mean the tools that stand around thinking they know everything without having done the relevant course...)

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 05:34:19 PM »
I believe in recent times, last 12 months or so, the SES has introduced a nationally accredited RCR course. Whether or not it is the same as the current CFS course i have no idea...

Toast

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 12:28:01 AM »
I believe in recent times, last 12 months or so, the SES has introduced a nationally accredited RCR course. Whether or not it is the same as the current CFS course i have no idea...
You should, you're a third of the way through it...

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 07:49:15 AM »

Since when did the SES RCR course not involve tool work? Why would a RCR course not involve tool work? Isn't that the really big part of RCR; being able to extricate someone? Don't you need tools for that? (and I don't just mean the tools that stand around thinking they know everything without having done the relevant course...)

Harsh, Squiddy!

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 07:54:15 AM »
He's got a good point actually.... SES have been using the equipment since I did the training (10+ years ago) So I have no idea where that idea came from.

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 08:09:03 AM »
He's got a good point actually.... SES have been using the equipment since I did the training (10+ years ago) So I have no idea where that idea came from.

Well thats what you'd imagine. The course would be pretty redundant if it were teaching RCR without the operation of tools, you could always sit and stare and hope the vehicle falls apart in the right places..

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 08:11:35 AM »
"Use the Swartz" (Spaceballs)

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 08:15:59 AM »

I would say it comes from someone showing a lot of ignorance towards things they don't understand. I think that's the problem with a lot of the animosity between the services and why we end up having stupid little statements made like that in the first place.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 08:17:20 AM »

I see your Swartz is as big as mine...

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »

I see your Swartz is as big as mine...

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

probie_boy

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
man, i just couldn't find that movie funny.

inthe case of RCR, I wouldn't give a crap if the person cutting me out of a car was trained a certain way, just as long as they weren't hurting or endangering me, and they were getting me out of there.

Toast

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 01:09:50 PM »
But orange is so passe  :|

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 04:25:51 PM »

OH NOES WE WEAR ORANGE VESTS!

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »

Not as sour as lemons, and from the sounds of things, you're a pretty sour fella.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »
The SES Course is to the National Public Safety Training standard - (PUASAR002A) Undertake road accident rescue

Interesting the only training provider registered to deliver this course in SA is Fire Safety and Training Services

CFS deliver the AFAC standrad for RCR, which when the two courses are compared does not align or meet the requirements of the National Public Safety package - few minor discrepancies!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »
That used to be correct but CFS are now delivering quite a bit of Public Safety units of training including RCR.

Note the national codes on the training program.

http://www.cfs.org.au/training/pdf/2006%20Training%20Poster%20A3%20V1.4.pdf

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »
Question answered then - both CFS and SES train to the National course - however for those of you who don't understand the back ground to National Competencies - each provider can add 'modules' above and beyond the minimum requirement to meet their outcomes and as with any National training, the course will vary because different people write them - the BASICS and OUTCOMES though remain the same minimum standards

Now - when will MFS extract the digit and follow the lead of the Volunteer services and meet National standards?????????
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.