Author Topic: Air Operations  (Read 5022 times)

PF_

Air Operations
« on: September 24, 2006, 05:21:39 PM »
ANyone here know how to get involved in air operations with CFS?  Gonna do working with aircraft course in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone knew where or how I could get into air craft ops.

cheers. :-)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Air Operations
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 05:57:50 PM »
Its good to hear that you are wanting to go up in a aircraft and work from the air during a fire PF... maybe contact your regional office and see when the next air attack supervisor course is being held

Or even better why not get your pilot's licence and become a fire bomber pilot that way you can work from the air and still be involved with fire supression  :wink:
Kalangadoo Brigade

PF_

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 06:00:57 PM »
 :lol: nah I need to get my truck licence first.

Yeah might contact region when I finish the accreditation, I assume you can still be operational and be involved with air support.

Toast

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 06:04:47 PM »
Ive seen your type before, youre just scared of fire. You namby pamby sissy arse.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:08:16 PM »
Toast maybe PF wants a new challenge like surveying a fire from the air and deciding what resources need to be placed where
Kalangadoo Brigade

PF_

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:10:55 PM »
 :lol: toast.  Mate Ive havent even been to a fire yet, and believe me I do want to.  Jeez, I want to be MFS one day so cant exaclt ybe scared of fire :-P

I like flying and stuff like that and wanted to try out different area's of CFS, still want to stay operational so I can go to fires and call outs but also want to see different area's. 

Toast

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »
:lol: toast.  Mate Ive havent even been to a fire yet, and believe me I do want to.  Jeez, I want to be MFS one day so cant exaclt ybe scared of fire :-P

I like flying and stuff like that and wanted to try out different area's of CFS, still want to stay operational so I can go to fires and call outs but also want to see different area's. 

Im sorry P F *hug* I didn't mean to try and crush your hopes and dreams. You CAN do anything you want to, your mother and I will be here for you all along son, just like we have bee all these years...

Wait, what?

Manuel

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
Toast you didnt tell me you had a son, go to your room.  :-P

PF_

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 06:24:28 PM »

Im sorry P F *hug* I didn't mean to try and crush your hopes and dreams. You CAN do anything you want to, your mother and I will be here for you all along son, just like we have bee all these years...

Wait, what?

Thankyou for your encouraging words dad I will and can be the best I set myself out to be.  It is all because of you, my hero, my dad, my piece of toast.

Yes, what?  :? :roll:

Now stop messing up my serious post, I know you dont like threads going off track :-)

Toast

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 06:28:07 PM »
Toast you didnt tell me you had a son, go to your room.  :-P

Daaaaads stop crushing my liberties!

But to be serious, P F I think you may have to look at moving into IMT and higher level incident dealings to be able to go into air recon and the like.

Manuel

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »
wow toast serious :-o

PF_

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »
how do you get into IMT and stuff like that?

Even if I dont get into actual air surveyor wouldnt mind having something to do with it.

Toast

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »
how do you get into IMT and stuff like that?

Even if I dont get into actual air surveyor wouldnt mind having something to do with it.

I believe IMT and the like its just time served, a bit of rank and getting your name put forward onto courses.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 12:34:43 AM »
Give Uncle Wayne a ring at Athlestone Station and he will set you straight PF :wink:
Images are copyright

probie_boy

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »
wow, its easy to tell you three were bored. well uncle probies here now.

PF, do what your father says.

rescue5271

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »
Go do a AIIMS course and that way you will be on the books for when there is a spot going. most regions are always looking for members who have AIIMS,region 5 is trying to get two ICS teams up and running which will be great for our region...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »
Or do something hat no one thought of.....contact SES Central Region training officer and ask if you can join the 'Air Observers' course which nominations are closing this month.

You would need to have the 'air crew medical' form filled out & commit to flying along the coast with the UniSA Shark Spotter plane.

The air observers were also used to track Pt Pirie flood water threat, amongst other taskings.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

PF_

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 11:55:10 PM »
cool thanks, might head down to region HQ tomorrow and chase that up. 

Toast

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 12:25:36 AM »
Or do something hat no one thought of.....contact SES Central Region training officer and ask if you can join the 'Air Observers' course which nominations are closing this month.

You would need to have the 'air crew medical' form filled out & commit to flying along the coast with the UniSA Shark Spotter plane.

The air observers were also used to track Pt Pirie flood water threat, amongst other taskings.

Oh no! The Sandbag bomber command

Manuel

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 12:34:56 AM »
Now toast that is not what you say to people dressed up as carrots :-o

Toast

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 12:54:36 AM »
Sorry, you big lemon.

anything