Author Topic: Food supplies  (Read 6340 times)

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Food supplies
« on: October 15, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
Article in the Volunteer magazine about the Salvation Army obtaining a Cool room trailer for catering at major incidents. Maybe the CFS would be generous enough to actually supply them with some food to put in it. LOL

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Food supplies
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 05:31:04 PM »
why?

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 06:30:35 PM »
I dont want to bag the salvos but tinned beetroot,pineapple and bread isnt that appetising.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »
Now Now Everyone lets not do any unnecessary bagging of the salvos or any other agency that supplies us with food during a large incidentas they are doing the best to their abilities to keep us from starving  :wink:

I can remember going to my first large grass/scrub fire at the Furner Quarry along with my father and other fellow crew members when it came to lunch break we were given sandwiches & cordial by the Red Cross who were doing the catering

My very first task force team response in mid September to a forest fire up at Carpenters Rocks the salvos put on a BBQ for all the volunteers which meant alot of yummy sausages and hamburgers :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:33:51 PM »
I dont want to bag the salvos but tinned beetroot,pineapple and bread isnt that appetising.

hahahaha - yeh fair call...

i spent 5 hours at a job once, and the only food left for the salvos to hand out was a slice of spam and some steamed carrot..... LMAO

mmm i can see your point, but i reckon theyll manage. :wink:

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »
The Salvation Army are volunteers and they looked after us very well when I went to Tulka fires at Lincoln in 2001. Just think that the organisations that utilise their service should give them a bit more support and perhaps food to serve. thats all.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 07:45:07 AM »
There are a number of cfa/nswrfs/qldfs brigades that have their own catering appliances that are decked out with all the food that one would need at a large scale job.....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline squiddy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »
There are a number of cfa/nswrfs/qldfs brigades that have their own catering appliances that are decked out with all the food that one would need at a large scale job.....

Yes, and SASES had the EMU... but it was evil.
So much work has to go into food hygiene these days... leave it all to the Salvos (because they do a really good job) and let us all get on with our jobs.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »
What ath is trying to say is why cant the CFS supply the salvos with some decent food so they can then supply it to us on the fireground.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline squiddy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »
What ath is trying to say is why cant the CFS supply the salvos with some decent food so they can then supply it to us on the fireground.

Maybe the Salvos just have something against the CFS? The times they have catered for things for the SES when I have been "on duty" we have had everything from BBQ to fish and chips to custard and pudding.

Offline Smokeydk

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »

Tulka fires at Lincoln in 2001........WooooooooW I still dream of the food there....especially after KI...it was luxury.

I think anything is better than getting nothing.canned or not..^5s to those who try to cater for the masses.

Offline LFB06

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »
maybe stop publicly bagging them then.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »
whos publicly bagging anyone?

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »
maybe stop publicly bagging them then.

I think you are a bit confused as no one is bagging the salvos.  only the cfs but that is quite common on here.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »
if H/Q is not willing to help the good people at the salvo's why cant groups when they do there budget put a section in for catering for the local salvo's who would do the work if there was no CFS brigade axillary..
blinky bill
my view only

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »
i really dont understand the point of this whole thread/debate....

the salvos get there money from wherever, im not sure where.... they then use part of it to provide catering for emergency services at prolonged incidents.

where/what is the issue? does anyone actually know the facts? for all we know CFS may very well contribute to the salvos. even so, why should they with the budget they already have...

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
The point is do you like SPAM sandwiches?? lol

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »
The point is do you like SPAM sandwiches

Spam sandwiches no, I can think of a number of times when the tinned Corn, Beetroot and Spam have been dished up, but nevertheless I accept the food with a smile and a thanks because I know that those Salvo people are vollies just like you and I and probably have no say in what goods they are given.

If we have a problem with the catering at large jobs it needs to be raised through the debriefs and pushed through your chain of command. I think you'll find the CFS Infrastructure & Logistics staff have a very good relationship with the Salvo bosses and can probably request changes if they are given the information.

Having said that I have also had some great tucker from them, those up at Gladstone will remember the great lunches the Salvo guys put on - and cake - oh for that cake again :)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 09:09:15 PM »
It gets back to your group doing its pre planning of who will do what when and where...and people if you dont like it talk up at the debrief...
blinky bill
my view only