Author Topic: Fergy wanted dead  (Read 10084 times)

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Fergy wanted dead
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »
Just heard on news flash that Euan Ferguson has needed high level police to guard him in court as he recieved death threats from family of those killed in Eyere Peninsula fires.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fergy wanted dead
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:04:15 PM »
Geez, nasty! :|

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
if that is true it is way to harsh

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:22:59 PM »
A mate of mine who i chat to on Yahoo messenger said that our CEO has bodyguards now as well but im not sure if thats just for the duration of the court proceedings or full time  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »
yeah thats what the high level police would be.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:25:49 AM »
well firstly,I would like to place on record my full support for EUAN he is a great guy but above all is a CEO that is full of support to the VOLUNTEERS. I would also like to say that these attacks on him really have to make you sit up and wounder why are we doing this job and do the community really support our work??. I would hate to see history repeat itself and by that I mean after every big fire that SA has had the poor CEO is given the flick.

We should all show our support for Euan and I feel that his family will also need the support of the fire service family over this attack on him and the threats that have been made against him. This is very un AUSTRALIAN of people to attack those that came to there hour of need.......

Now where did I put that baseball bat.......
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:14 AM »

jeeze do you believe everything you read in the paper? (especially reporting about the eyre peninsula bushfire inquiry which has been proven to be sensationalist and wrong many times).  However even if true, threatening to kill someone is a criminal offence (I believe) so why not just let the police deal with it.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »
I agree let the police take care of it.......But it is still not right .....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 11:52:17 AM »
Unfortunately, it is true and there have been other threats on other people involved...

I won't make too many comments but I do know the full and true story...the police are onto it and yes, he does have some protection at present.

He is doing the best the process will allow...Darius at least knows what it's like in the coronial, he came and saw me on the stand...it's not easy..even for some like Euan..

I agree with Rescue...don't be afraid to show him our support...if some of you can, go and sit in the gallery and show your support that way..it makes a big difference.

Offline Crankster 34

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »
I agree, full support for the boss, he actually does try and do what's right for the community and the vollies.

If you do go to court I don't suggest you hassle those Starries too much that he has with him, they might look innocent enough but get them fired up and they could snap you like a twig   :-o
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 02:40:35 PM »
Yeah, don't be stupid enough to make a joke similar to bombs on planes...you may find them practising their headlocks on you...and there are stairs to be thrown down...  :evil:

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »
All hail our mighty boss Euan Ferguson.... if i had the money for a trip up to Adelaide i'd definately go to court and sit through the proceedings to show the boss my support and loyality as a CFS Volunteer  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »
I heard a rumour that Euan had been replaced by Andrew Lawson a while back, but seems thaty was false.

Has the Crankster had experience pissing off Starries? :-P

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 08:27:28 PM »
Don't know about crankster, but I have worked with them, in both real life scenarios, as well as training (I got to play both the victim, and the bad guy in various scenarios)....not good people to annoy.......!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:38 PM »
Do they train with live ammunition?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 09:14:42 PM »
I do not understand why people have to blaim someone else for mis-fortune rather than acknowledge that partially it is everyone's fault...but would prefer to blaim the big-pin of the organisation.

Seems to happen a lot when a business goes bust..Blame the big-pin.

But then (for good or bad reasons) the CEO of an organisation is ultimately responsible for everything that happens within the organisation.

Hopefully the Police will track down & prosecute the offenders.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
What annoys me is when you hear of people not knowing what to do in a bushfire and not knowing how to protect yourself. How hard is it for people to pick up a phone and find out or visit your local CFS/MFS regional office or fire station??

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 10:37:09 PM »
What annoys me is when you hear of people not knowing what to do in a bushfire and not knowing how to protect yourself. How hard is it for people to pick up a phone and find out or visit your local CFS/MFS regional office or fire station??

Its not that hard ath all people have gotta do is ring the CFS hotline or the local council bushfire prevention rep to visit and help them put together a bushfire plan that so easy a monkey could follow it

While living at home i even seeked advice about getting a fire hose installed and attached to my dads davey fire fighting pump now we have one standing right next to it ready for use

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 12:44:15 AM »
Simply put, its the "It wont happen to me" mentality.

Offline Tone7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 01:25:16 AM »
Does this mean that local CFS brigades are at risk?

Personally i have had a few nasty comments in the community one coz i was wearing my CFS Shirt....

I know our lovely regional staff are now in a fish bowl :cry:

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
Maybe we should disband the CFS on the west coast.  Then see how quickly thier attitudes change when the next fire comes along!!! :x
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 10:54:39 AM »
And those who are making all the noise criticising CFS, will then blame CFS for leaving!!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
as A ex CFA member,I can tell you that what is going on in court and the media is the same as what we went through,in time it will pass there will be lots of work to do by all..but in time the CFS will stand tall and we as firefighters will still answer the call.. Those that have attacked our actions will know the truth. As I said at a VFBA meeting not long ago wait till the book or movie comes out then the public will/see what is done.....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 04:34:53 PM »
Ummmm Blinky  :| i think there is a new book out which highlights the heroism,sacrifice as well as other factors surrounding some of Australia's great fires like Black Thursday & Black Friday

The title of this book is titled BURN as i put one on layby last week while in k-mart due to it being on special for $22.75 i'll reveal abit more about the book once i've read it cause its my payweek this week coming  :wink:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »
is this the book you are talking about rob
 Burn
Author: Collins Paul

Tells powerful and moving personal stories of loss and survival of bushfires in Australia since European settlement. Collins challenges many of the accepted environmental practices regarding bushfire control.