Author Topic: West Coast  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
West Coast
« on: November 11, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »
Sounds like things are all happenning over on the West coast at the moment. Anyone got any more info? or can hear anything??

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: West Coast
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
Have you seen the CFS Media releases that have been issued today.  Four reports issued so far, the latest at 1437hrs.  Nothing more reported than "poses a public threat" etc. 

After Wangary, every time a fire develops on the West coast, I cringe, and hope that it is contained QUICKLY.  Good luck to the West Coast crews working this one.  I wonder if they have air support?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 01:56:05 PM »
Understand that the island is on fire again,so who is going to go this week???????
blinky bill
my view only

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »

After Wangary, every time a fire develops on the West coast, I cringe, and hope that it is contained QUICKLY.  Good luck to the West Coast crews working this one.  I wonder if they have air support?
11:25:46 11-11-06 SHQ: AIR OPS INFO: FYI BOMBERS 558 & 559 RESPONDING SMOKE SIGHTING COFFIN BAY CONS PARK, BETWEEN BIG & LITTLE SWAMP WITH LINCOLN & COFFIN BAY CFS > 11/11/2006 11:25:35 AM
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 04:37:17 PM »
More updates this afternoon.  Must of had a lull as one report stated does not pose risk, then a further update stated it did - weather and wind changes must be playing havoc.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:06:18 PM »
Understand that the island is on fire again,so who is going to go this week???????

I am   :-)

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 05:36:37 AM »
Poor PIP,off to KI hope she takes photos and stays in a five star motel have fun......what role are you doing this time pip.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »
Seems to be a bit more action on the west coast. Bombers responded to a fire near Mt Hope then stood down only to be responded to the same area later. Does anyone know what resources are being used on KI? There were an awful lot of pages last night for a level 3 IMT team for the fire but there doesnt seem to be any ground crews? Anyone able to shed some light?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 07:37:47 AM »
Have you seen the CFS Media releases that have been issued today.  Four reports issued so far, the latest at 1437hrs.  Nothing more reported than "poses a public threat" etc. 

Thanks Calspec...don't worry we cringe each time we have one and we've had a busy time already...the up side of Wangary...we get as many resources as we want...we have 2 bombers living at the airport and we also had the use of rescue 53 (which I was lucky enough to have a ride in!  :-D)

was a difficult fire to fight as we couldn't get to it...but it didn't spread quickly and we now have a good bare earth break around it and the weather doing it's thing!

anything