Author Topic: Scania for sale  (Read 20686 times)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Scania for sale
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 04:26:08 PM »
medevac they might not get it correct all the time, but they are the leaders.
You have a lot of things that theses brigades/groups have done to help you.
Just think of the training and  equipment you have.
Remember not all brigades have good appliances and a station with a toilet.
You did not have these years ago, now you have it some other brigades will say hay we need a good appliance and station with a toilet.Down the track they will get it. If we don't keep pushing none else will.
The easiest thing in the world is to sit back and complain  about others, try making improvements. It's a lot more satisfying when it works.Especially when other say look at those idiots with that, then later down the track they use it as well

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 04:40:44 PM »
medevac they might not get it correct all the time, but they are the leaders.

in your opinion

fire03rescue - i recall from one of your threads that you have a fairly long record with the CFS. but do you actually know much outside of region one and in oparticularly your group?

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 04:53:59 PM »
Off topic but yes.
And I am not saying that region 1 has all the leaders...far from it.
Sometimes it is good to sit back and look what others do and how.
I am not saying that we should all be the same. The CFS is way to diverse
At the end of the day we all do a good job and I am just a FF trying to help others by things I try. Sometimes I win and other days well....
I stuff it up, but I am giving it a shot
PS - should you be heading to your station, just looking at the pager site

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »
 :wink:

same goes me thinks,,, but they wont call us anyway will they

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 05:20:14 PM »
Off topic but yes.
And I am not saying that region 1 has all the leaders...far from it.
Sometimes it is good to sit back and look what others do and how.
I am not saying that we should all be the same. The CFS is way to diverse
At the end of the day we all do a good job and I am just a FF trying to help others by things I try. Sometimes I win and other days well....
I stuff it up, but I am giving it a shot
PS - should you be heading to your station, just looking at the pager site

not saying all the cranks are bad, but a lot go way too far to the point of refusing advances the CFS are making, based on there own biased opinions. there areseveral groups out there and even individual brigades in some cases that make straneg decisions and occasionally try to go around the CFS to get what they want, whether it is required or not...

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 09:26:54 AM »
they dont get it for the rest of us they get it for them and then CFS decides things should be equal and then gives everyone else it to be fair.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »
You don't have to look too far for tall poppy syndrome........ :roll:

Why do we cut people and or brigades down? Why not encourage and be interested in the achievements of others.

Sheesh

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:41 AM »
So there for these brigades do achive something because the standard gets higher and higher instead of staying the same or even going backwards.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »
Scania would make a good replacement for the DENNIS after todays disaster :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 07:11:03 AM »
I wish... instead we're using another type 2 pumper...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »
I wish... instead we're using another type 2 pumper...

At least you have a Type 2 to use :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline Crankus Maximus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 12:48:10 AM »
Speaking to a couple of Burnside's finest the other day and they reckon it's all but signed off on them getting a Scania or Ovlov built to their specifications. Who knows could be bull shite but i'm just wondering why would a certain brigade (if this is true) get such better treatment that other brigades out there far busier than them??? I think it's a good way of de-moralising the service and putting some brigades on the "were to good to have the same equipment as you pedestal". But if they get one good on them hopefully CFS will buy more of them if they are a better truck??

firstly i hold no real rank other than a hose dragger and my opinions should only reflect on myself and NOT my brigade.
this is the first ive heard of ANY replacement truck being all but signed off... dunno who you reckon you spoke to... :?.
secondly, the idea of a scania came up ages ago but was pretty quicky dismissed...
in addition, having aspirations doesnt demoralize anybody... especially the service... you should try it sometime...heres a tissue!!... (sorry i had to say something)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
At the end of the day you get what you are given :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

obviously not otherwise burnside would have a new truck by now!
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 03:41:55 PM »
Speaking to a couple of Burnside's finest the other day and they reckon it's all but signed off on them getting a Scania or Ovlov built to their specifications. Who knows could be bull shite but i'm just wondering why would a certain brigade (if this is true) get such better treatment that other brigades out there far busier than them??? I think it's a good way of de-moralising the service and putting some brigades on the "were to good to have the same equipment as you pedestal". But if they get one good on them hopefully CFS will buy more of them if they are a better truck??

firstly i hold no real rank other than a hose dragger and my opinions should only reflect on myself and NOT my brigade.
this is the first ive heard of ANY replacement truck being all but signed off... dunno who you reckon you spoke to... :?.
secondly, the idea of a scania came up ages ago but was pretty quicky dismissed...
in addition, having aspirations doesnt demoralize anybody... especially the service... you should try it sometime...heres a tissue!!... (sorry i had to say something)

Thats fine as i said it could have been bull scheiße was just curious to see if it was true!! BTW can our group have your tanker thas one fine truck.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »

from what i have heard this cant be the case... otherwise that 'unnamed' type 2 would be badged up...

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 07:05:42 PM »
must be still deciding, there's 2 new un-named 34P's at isuzus as well
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 07:53:50 PM »

My hand is up!
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Crankus Maximus

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 11:58:02 PM »

Thats fine as i said it could have been bull filtered was just curious to see if it was true!! BTW can our group have your tanker thas one fine truck.

Yeah we are all pretty proud of our tanker... and we went through the same process to get that...

Offline calspec

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 11:10:25 PM »
As mentioned in another thread, the "un-named" Type 2 is currently at Happy Valley - just sitting in one of the bays, all locked up.  Fully kitted ready to go, but not.  No suggestion that it is intended to be there permanently (We can only hope). The question begs asking though...Why store it in Happy Valley's third appliance bay - the 14 has been renegated to the trailer shed, unless there is a hidden agenda.

As for Scania's.  if they are good enough for MFS then they would make a damn fine Urban CFS unit.  It only takes one cashed up brigade to go out on a limb and bring one in, for HQ to stand up and take notice.

Personally, I would be happy with Mets hand-me-downs (circa '95) Scanias, as they are replaced.  Still plenty of life in 'em yet. Especially at about a quarter the cost of a type 2.  Type 2's are good but... BA seats, auto trans, extra Pony's, storage capabilities and build quality would suggest to me that Scania's are probably better.

If Burnside (or anyone, for that matter) can set the standard with a Scania then GO FOR IT.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 08:36:40 AM »
You would think the government would have its head screwed on and do a bulk purchase of Scania's for MFS/CFS to drive down a better price to get them.

All EMA brigades should have either a Type 2 or a Scania whichever is the going to be the standard.

Nothing wrong with raising the standard eh :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:31 AM »
Agree with the above but not only EMA should have better appliances there are brigades covering multi billion dollar businesses with rural trucks..... :roll:

Offline filtered

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 12:57:24 PM »
Agree with the above but not only EMA should have better appliances there are brigades covering multi billion dollar businesses with rural trucks..... :roll:

One could almost argue that areas with multi-billion dollar assets that are not EMA require the better appliances more, as they don't have the support of MFS near by...

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 04:15:02 PM »
Well you are not going to be ablt to buy ex MFS Scanias for a long time. They are still in the process of getting some half decent trucks out to the regional MFS stations.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »

There are some 34P's hiding at Brukunga too and a 14 :wink:
Images are copyright