Author Topic: mt barker station  (Read 8837 times)

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
mt barker station
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:22:19 PM »
can anyone tell me whats happening up at mt barker station a work mate was up that way the other day and said they may have a new station join with ses and may be mfs but it does not sound right can any one confirm??

Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline squiddy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: mt barker station
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 05:21:07 AM »
Who in their right mind would willingly agree to cohabitate with Adelaide Hills SES?!

As far as I know, Adelaide Hills SES are still looking for a new home because their current premises completely sucks as far as having things like no hot water, no parking and having a tiny tin shed for the crew. There had been talk of trying to co-locate CFS/SES a while ago, but unless the CFS and SES in any town get along really well, both services are pretty reluctant to do it anymore due to issues in the past.

So yeah... I think current standing is that Adelaide Hills SES are looking for a new home, but Mt Barker CFS are happy where they are.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »
Mt Barker CFS/SES originally was colocated in the same building many years ago,but I think at one stage the SES fell below numbers and ceased operating, as all the rescue gear was transferred to CFS in the F-350 Rescue truck.

Colocation can work but as the Strathalbyn situation showed politics eventually gets in the way  :roll:
Images are copyright

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 07:10:27 AM »

Colocation can work but as the Strathalbyn situation showed politics eventually gets in the way  :roll:

Co-location can work easily, its wangkers that get in the way (from both services), not politics.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 07:18:47 AM »

Co-location can work easily, its wangkers that get in the way (from both services), not politics.

So True

Unfortunately, they keep popping up everywhere you go - those in the 6% one could say...

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »
Mt Barker CFS/SES wasnt actually co-located the members there were members of both services until about the mid 90`s. A couple of the vehicles were dual badged and they responded to all types of emergencies. Not exactly sure of the reasons behind the split. Would be hard to find any land there that would be big enough and central enough to locate both services.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:55:24 PM »
Would be hard to find any land there that would be big enough and central enough to locate both services.

Would need a pretty damn big burial plot for all the members who would eventually kill each other (god knows they have been trying hard enough)

probie_boy

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »
can anyone tell me whats happening up at mt barker station a work mate was up that way the other day and said they may have a new station join with ses and may be mfs but it does not sound right can any one confirm??

maybe your mate was talking about region 1 HQ? the SES run their shenanigans outta there too.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 06:47:01 AM »

maybe your mate was talking about region 1 HQ? the SES run their shenanigans outta there too.

Not for too much longer from what I've heard. It would seem that Central SES region want to take their bat and ball and move into the city because it is easier for all the metro units to get to them (never mind the Yankalilla, South Coast, Strathalbyn, Murray Bridge, Meningie and Adelaide Hills units who will have to travel so much further to get there, and yet it is a half hour up the freeway for the metro units at the moment... but that's a whole 'nother story...)

Offline lilmiss_firey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 08:11:45 AM »
hey... as i haven't been in the CFS that long i haven't been able to pick up why the CFS and the SES don't get along??

can someone please enlighten me :? :? :?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 08:13:51 AM »
them and us......
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
hey... as i haven't been in the CFS that long i haven't been able to pick up why the CFS and the SES don't get along??

Depends on the town... In some cases one resource doesn't treat emergencies like emergencies and take around 45 minutes to respond, P1 and get in the way when they get there, others its simple tribalism and insecurity. Pretty much the same reasons some brigades dont get along, though add the competition factor of another emergency service into it.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »

A word of advice, just disreagard all information on this web site regarding SES, CFS, SAAS and SAPOL. And go out there and form your own opinions, dont listen to any of the crap most people spout.

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 09:26:55 AM »

It depends on where you are from and your local SES and CFS really, in some areas there is no issue between the services, in other areas.. well... its not good at all. A few of the issues can arise from who gets turned out to what and where. EG: SES gets turned out to a tree on road job, which is next to a CFS station, but the SES has to drive 25 minutes and past multiple fire stations to get there...

As medevac said, form your own opinions about them. I've had bad experiances with some SES units, but then again, I've had worse experiances with some CFS brigades.

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 09:56:27 AM »

A word of advice, just disreagard all information on this web site regarding SES, CFS, SAAS and SAPOL. And go out there and form your own opinions, dont listen to any of the crap most people spout.

Touche. It is a load of tribal poo... If there's a problem somewhere it probably goes way back to something tiny that has been blown out of proportion...

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 10:04:27 AM »

What about MFS< is what we say about them all true?? :roll:

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 10:36:58 AM »
NO What happens at an incident with SES of MFS is completely dependent on that crew and doesn't represent the whole organization. I have seen some pretty shoddy CFS brigades an then on the next call they have different crew and are great people.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »

What about MFS< is what we say about them all true?? :roll:

HMMM must be  :wink:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 09:28:07 AM »
We are all supposed to be a part of the TEAM :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 06:23:02 AM »

Be that as it may, somehow I think that if this decision were ever made it would end in a mutiny.

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 03:35:47 AM »

Be that as it may, somehow I think that if this decision were ever made it would end in a mutiny.

I think the word you're looking for there is actually homicide, not mutiny  :roll:

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:44 AM »

I think the word you're looking for there is actually homicide, not mutiny  :roll:
Nah, the person who made the final decision would get the "black spot" , treasure island style

anything