Author Topic: New Green Uniforms  (Read 14909 times)

Offline aust_fire1

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
New Green Uniforms
« on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:14 PM »
While in Waikerie I saw several CFS people wearing Green 2 piece dress type uniforms.
Has anyone else seen them. I spoke to one of them about the uniform. It seems to be a half way between uniform, half way between Yellow firefighting and Dress uniform.

Has anyone here got a set of this already. If so, i would like to hear what you think  :-)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New Green Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »
personally i think it looks a bit daft...

but anyway, i think its more of a staff uniform for staff in the field in ops roles & IMT...

i dont reckon many (if any) vollies are getting it....

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »

some of the R1 Ops brigade people (ie. volunteers) have them. I believe they had to buy them if they wanted them.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »
They really look filtered horrible and who ever came up with them has got no idea about fashion or work wear,I understand they are only for paid staff only and to be worn in the field...SHAME SHAME SHAME
blinky bill
my view only

Offline aust_fire1

• View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 01:30:35 PM »
The Officer wearing the Green uniform indicated that it was being made available to all CFS members.

I hope it wont become a required piece of gear.

Timbo

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 03:07:59 PM »
While in Waikerie I saw several CFS people wearing Green 2 piece dress type uniforms.
Has anyone else seen them. I spoke to one of them about the uniform. It seems to be a half way between uniform, half way between Yellow firefighting and Dress uniform.

Has anyone here got a set of this already. If so, i would like to hear what you think  :-)

1 word - HOT.  The shirts are the same material as the pants (ie Yakka, or King G) so very hot to wear.  Othes than that, great for any work that you will get dirty, but they are definiteky NOT designed for the fireground - only Yellows for that.

MrT

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 08:17:42 PM »
The CFS used to have Khaki coloured overalls  :-) that was back when were known as EFS now that was a classic colour  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline squiddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:59:47 AM »
The green is fugly
It makes the staff look like forestry workers

Offline Evac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 06:34:21 AM »
These are available to volunteers. It will not be expected to be worn by everyone. They do not replace the yellows. They are ideal for Incident Managers, strike team leaders, sector commanders through to incident controllers, Fire Investigators etc where it is appropriate to be in uniform without the fire protection level of the yellows. Personally didn't think they looked that bad. Made those wearing them look professional. Rather than IMT personnel wearing jeans and any t-shirt with a cfs IMT vest or strike team leaders wearing turnout pants and a t shirt in a command car.
Practice Doesn't Make Perfect....... Perfect Practice Makes Perfect..

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »
Saw a guy wearing that today in our station....Blue would look better :-D
Images are copyright

Offline lilmiss_firey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »
is there a picture of these 'awful uniforms'???

Offline aust_fire1

• View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:59 PM »
not sure where u would find a pic of them

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 07:18:24 AM »
is there a picture of these 'awful uniforms'???

Just picture it....dark green work shirt with a white "CFS STAR" logo on the left side and SACFS in 100mm letters on the back with lots of pockets even on the sleeves :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 08:10:10 AM »
Also saw this at Waikerie - being worn by a Volunteer from the para Group who was on the IMT and also field ops - looked a lot better than jeans and a t-shirt or polo shirt - at least it was a professional look - as opposed to someone else I saw in the IMT in shorts and old t-shirt.

Would be excellent for fire investigation and all IMT work and starts to show CFS as a professional organisation - uniformed.
Pity it clashes though with the blue stuff instructors are wearing at the State Training centre - but thats CFS for you - many standards...
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline aust_fire1

• View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 08:36:26 AM »
Well I have decided that its time for at least the Officers to start looking the part when representing the brigade at various things, eg promotions, school visits etc. I am sick of members having to wear their scrubber overalls to represent us. They are only issued 1 pr.
I have organised the brigage to fund fitting out the officers and members a 50% sub to be fitted as well.
I am the only one that has a full dress uniform, so it will be nice to see officers standing side by side at least looking the part.

I seen a local brigade in a christmas pagent recently and they really didnt look to good in their dirty overalls.

I would rather have good comments than bad about our appearance at these events.

Not everyone will agree with me, but that is life :-)

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 08:41:41 AM »
Yeah true but the blue Fire and Rescue t shirts look just as good, if not better.  Maybe that should be made a public uniform with yakka pants or dark blue pants.  Its what I wear to CFS stuff and is cool not overly hot, looks smart too. 

Offline aust_fire1

• View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »
yes...i have seen these Fire & Rescue shirts around...will look at that option

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 08:56:01 AM »
I think we are now discussing two different topics here - the green uniform, as I understand it, is a working uniform - designed for people to wear while off the fireground, but active for an incident.

It is not meant to replace the current CFS khaki dress uniform.

There was much discussion about the uniform, but finally decided on the green.   If they were blue, then they could look like various police (who wear the same style, obtained from the same uniform supplier!).  Also in blue, they may look like MFS.   We should have our own, distinct uniform, so that it is clear who we belong to.  (And before anyone says we look like ambos in green, the CFS working uniform is a very dark green, and nothing like the ambos)

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06:47 AM »
Not really discussing 2 different topics, its all uniform.

Green looks scheiße, how about red or will we then look too much like Ferrari F1 team....

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »
They are gay...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »
Khaki should be the uniform of choice as we have had it for so long and it looks a lot better than  :mrgreen:
Images are copyright

Offline Smokeydk

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »
Ekkkkkkk.........Sorry... pipster ....the dark haired lady on TV news recently talking about the bushfires was a CFS person wearing dark green not an ambo...like many I know thought :?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 06:46:11 PM »
tell me are the green uniforms fire proff??? if not they should not be on the fireground :roll:
blinky bill
my view only

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »
there not fireproof, nor are they intended to be on the fireground.

there are "three uniforms"

-firefighting PPE; this is either your proban, nomex, PBI or whatever, and used by operational vollies at incidents undertaking firefighter roles...

-"green fuglies"; this is operational uniform for staff or vollies undertaking ops and planning roles, or fire investigation or what have you...

-Khaki "dress" uniform; for day to day use by staff or and use by any member for special occasions, celebrations, presentations, etc...

does that clear anything up for those out of it?

IMO the green stuff looks dreadful... but at the same time it is differant from any other services, and designed to be practical not pretty.

Offline filtered

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the green uniforms handle wear and tear.

I don't like them now, but I can see them fading into a really horrible washed out colour very quickly which will be an even worse look...