Author Topic: New Green Uniforms  (Read 14964 times)

Timbo

Re: New Green Uniforms
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 07:21:51 PM »
tell me are the green uniforms fire proff??? if not they should not be on the fireground :roll:

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: aust_fire1 on December 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM
While in Waikerie I saw several CFS people wearing Green 2 piece dress type uniforms.
Has anyone else seen them. I spoke to one of them about the uniform. It seems to be a half way between uniform, half way between Yellow firefighting and Dress uniform.

Has anyone here got a set of this already. If so, i would like to hear what you think 

1 word - HOT.  The shirts are the same material as the pants (ie Yakka, or King G) so very hot to wear.  Othes than that, great for any work that you will get dirty, but they are definiteky NOT designed for the fireground - only Yellows for that.

MrT

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 10:46:36 PM »
I have a set of gear, which is the same material, but different colour.

They are hot (although not as hot as PPE!), but they are easily washed, don't show the dirt, and if they are the same sort of things as the gear I have, they don't fade much when washed...

Pip     :-)
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 05:56:24 AM »
how many uniforms do we need??? and how many colours do we need???
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 08:25:32 AM »
filtered this uniform and give us nomex shirts we can wear on hot days at things like MVA's.  Doing traffic duty on a 40 degree today is scheiße when you have to wear full PPE or even being pump operator on a small scale fire and mop up etc.  Who gives a rats if we look like MFS its practicability. 

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 09:59:34 AM »
tell me are the green uniforms fire proff??? if not they should not be on the fireground :roll:

No uniform are Fire proff. The Green uniforms have been around for as long as I have been in the services and thats around 10 years, I have ordered a few for our group and the are the Dress Uniform for all if we would like to. We just add rank markings to them.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 11:46:08 AM »
Aahmmm, the green uniforms arrived only this year...they certainly haven't been around for 10 years.......you aren't talking about the khaki uniforms..   ?      :|

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 02:33:33 PM »
Aahmmm, the green uniforms arrived only this year...they certainly haven't been around for 10 years.......you aren't talking about the khaki uniforms..   ?      :|

Pip

<Agrees with Pip>

:-D
Images are copyright

Offline aust_fire1

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 04:58:06 AM »
Yes, I think Backburn you are thinking of the khaki dress uniform. These Greens are a very recent option.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »

Pip

ooooppss i forgot that green and khaki are the same colour to me. I need my glasses fixed. Sorry.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
Department Of Sustainability And Environment in Victoria have green overalls for their fire fighting uniform that are nomex im not real sure thought  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 10:56:01 PM »
Different green & different uniform.

DEH / National Parks people were trialling the  "Kermit the frog" green PPE, a few years ago, but went back to yellow.  I don't know the reasons behind that

Pip

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »
DEH have been wearing a combination yellow/green Level 1 shirt, or yellows at recent jobs.
Images are copyright