Author Topic: Only in America  (Read 8287 times)

PF_

Only in America
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »
American's provide us with a laugh at the things they do, but this is just ridiculous.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=47272

Couldnt she have waited to see if more crew turned up.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Re: Only in America
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »
That Was Just Stupid (American), Someone Needs A Slap Accross The Back Of The Head, Responding One FF.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »
thats ok...

im quite regularly amazed at the fact that one of our neighourign stations regularly turns out with two... to any job. without asking for another station, or even declaring themselves short crewed...

was very unimpressed when they rocked  up at a house fire with us one day, us with 7 and them with 2... only one BA who had gone in by himself and left the guy that had been in the service 7months outside by himself.. once again without even telling us they were short crewed...  :?

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 07:17:43 AM »
I hope they got told :x

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:20:37 AM »
Someone needs their donkey kicked over this and it shouldn't be the fire fighter who responded by her lonesome self.... the only person who needs their donkey kicked is the State Fire Marshal for failing to have County Station 22 fully manned  :x

In our brigade the minimum number of crew for an emergency is 4 how ever we do get times where one of our members is already on scene having either come across the incident first, lives not far from it or responded with another brigade
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »
hmmm disagree with you robert... the FF who took the truck by heerself should have her donkey kicked for failing to abide by her SOPs.

In our brigade the minimum number of crew for an emergency is 4 how ever we do get times where one of our members is already on scene having either come across the incident first, lives not far from it or responded with another brigade

i think youll find there is a state-wide SOP stating that trucks should not roll to any incident without a minimum 4 crew... of course wthere are special cases such as trucks that only fit two or three members  :roll:  and of course there are minimum crews for rescue trucks, not enough crew? call a default brigade...

PF_

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »
I wanna know why she just started up the truck and left witohut waiting for more crew.  Could have made a few calls about how far they were away.

strikeathird

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 08:04:17 PM »
I disagree Robert, I think she should be told her actions were Dangerous, ill-thought out, and down right STUPID !

PF_

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=47570

and people say CFS and MFS have issues.....

only in America.

strikeathird

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
Hmm.. Sounds like the guys from KENTLAND, Maryland, are in a little trouble !

SOCC

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:14 PM »
Tried the Kentland website, funnily enough, its no longer available!!

I rode with them, they are different, I spose you would be to if you did 7,500 calls a year!!

PF_

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »

I rode with them, they are different, I spose you would be to if you did 7,500 calls a year!!

Youre from Kentland?

7,500 calls or not, they almost killed some firefighers.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 05:43:32 AM »
I agree PF weather it be 7 calls or 7500 calls (would like to verify that number) we are all there to do the job. Obviously they have no consideration for their fellow firefighters. For it to get to that extent, they should be strung up by the short and curly's at the very least.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 07:01:53 AM »

Youre from Kentland?

7,500 calls or not, they almost killed some firefighers.

i think he meant went on a ride-a-long..

probie_boy

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 07:43:15 AM »
a truck in my group went to a structure fire with only 2 people once. Our GO and their captain grilled em good. If they hadn't known what they'd done wrong, they would've by the end of that night! it hasn't happened since.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »
a truck in my group went to a structure fire with only 2 people once. Our GO and their captain grilled em good. If they hadn't known what they'd done wrong, they would've by the end of that night! it hasn't happened since.
there is a brigade we run with that does that fairly often... send a crew of 2 to fixed alarms most often, but have had them rock up to a domestic with 2 and even a MVA Rescue,, as the rescue brigade with only two members on board without even requesting another rescue brigade attend...

i think some people keep there brains in the donkey pocket.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »
I will admit that twice in the last two years i've gone to 2 monitored alarms with only two crew because most people in our brigade that don't work thought it pointless to come because they are always nothing. I pleaded with the brigade that even though they are normally nothing there will always be one that turns into something, and sure enough last year we got an alarm to the local service station and there was a fire that did $500,000 damage and now we get 6-7 members minimum for alarms.

But definatly agree if you can't crew your truck respond others.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
i think pride stops people from calling other brigades if they cant raise a crew, dont want to let the neighbouring brigades know they have trouble. Saw on the pager site recently a brigade chasing crew for a second truck about 35 mins after the initial call.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

strikeathird

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »
Bit off topic..  Maybe split crewing and calls / response into another topic..  Not the america topic..

On thread..  think Radio / guest said they went for a Ride with them.. In the states, if ur a Fire Fighter, u can sign the forms, and go for a ride with them to jobs..  (dont have to be a member of their brigade)

Doesnt really occur here tho...

PF_

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
This is nothing bad, in fact its good.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=47645

Does MFS or CFS do that?

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 05:37:40 PM »
For years!

But we don't tend to fight fires like Americans there are vast differences in tactics and knowledge on Fire Behaviour. This is slowly changing and our American friends are catching up.

Just take a look in here, very different views to us....http://forums.firehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=293
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:45:05 PM by Firefrog »

PF_

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »
For years!

But we don't tend to fight fires like Americans there are vast differences in tactics and knowledge on Fire Behaviour. This is slowly changing and our American friends are catching up.

Just take a look in here, very different views to us....http://forums.firehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=293

Woulda thought so, we did a drill a while ago using one of those smoke machines in the station/shed ( :-P) Just wonder what the passing cars tohught when they saw "smoke" coming out of the station...

yeah saw that forum, different is right!

PF_

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 12:30:12 PM »
http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=47787

This was an interesting read, very descriptive makes you feel like youre in the fire.

Offline ltbawds

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »
:-D :-D :-D :-DJUST IN 250 PORTABLE TOILETS SET ON FIRE IN WICHITA.

Boy wouldn't that just give you the shits.

PF_

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »
:-D :-D :-D :-DJUST IN 250 PORTABLE TOILETS SET ON FIRE IN WICHITA.

Boy wouldn't that just give you the shits.

no no no no, that was baaaaad :-P :roll:

anything