Author Topic: GRN pagers - can messages be delayed delivery ?  (Read 2578 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
GRN pagers - can messages be delayed delivery ?
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
Because I am in the Adelaide metro area with very few pager messages received, I can't answer the following question. But I thought you might be able to  :|

If your SAGRN Pager is 'out of range' or 'switched off for a battery change' and a pager message is sent to your pager at that time, will you receive the message when your pager is back within range or switched on again. Or is the message is lost & you will never receive the message.

Not much use for a URGMSG or CFSRES message, but I am interested for Info messages and message drop facilities on the SAGRN pager.

Thanks in advance...
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: GRN pagers - can messages be delayed delivery ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »
Messages are sent as a one off.  If you miss it - you miss it. It's not like a SMS where it is delivered when you are back in range or you turn your device back on.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »
Mengcfs is correct...  :-)

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
will you receive the message when your pager is back within range or switched on again. Or is the message is lost & you will never receive the message.

as others have said, the answer is no for GRN pagers.  Most commercial paging services offer the facility for you to ring a phone number and have your messages read back to you but I would expect such a service is not practical to offer for the GRN.

anything