Author Topic: Classic Adelaide emergency response  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Classic Adelaide emergency response
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »
Does anyone know what emregency resources are available for this event? I have noticed that CFS brigades have been paged for accidents during this event. There would be some delays getting CFS appliances mobile and then to the actual scene surely. I know a few years ago there were CFS volunteers in rapid intervention type vehicles. Which were 4x4 wagon type cars with hydraulic rescue equipment and extinguishers on board. I dont think this still happens. Owing to the risk of accidents and especially fires during these events both here and interstate you would think they should have some good protection on scene.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Adelaide emergency response
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:37:24 AM »
I cant really say ath as i dont live up in Adelaide but what i do know is that they need a fire appliance at this years Classic Adelaide being the scrub & bushland is really dry

Is the Classic Adelaide a CAMS recognised event? cause theres a chance that those CFS volunteers who did the fire & rescue cover using a 4x4 Landcruiser fitted with RI equipment and fire extinguishers some years ago were probably CAMS Fire & Rescue Officials

Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »
Normally, the Classic Adelaide has SAAS paramedics / ICPs following each stage, as well as a vehicle carrying RCR gear, and basic fire extinguishers.

There is an extensive plan for CFS response to fire - mainly with the thought of a car catching fire, and then setting the surrounding scrub alight....in most stages (and especially today) many CFS appliances are staged at the various access points along the route, ready for a quick response.

I think this year is a CAMS event....a few years ago, they went away from a CAMS sanctioned event, and arranged others to do the Marshalling work....and those officials we had to deal with were terrible!!!

The CAMS officials have a far better concept of how it all works, and what their responsibilities are (and more importantly, where their responsibilities end, and CFS start.....!  ) 

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »
Good to hear that things have improved then.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »
Down here in the South East we have CFS volunteers doing Fire & Rescue cover at the Coonawarra Drags,Pines Enduro and Speedway events like Kings Sprintcar Challenge

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 02:22:45 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
Am sure the would have had there own bomber :roll:
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »
If you monitor Talkgroup Multi Agency 29 & 30 you will hear everything from race control to the field.

For those with UBC780XLT Scanners the id's are 720 & 752 :wink:

Over the last couple of days there have been a lot of incidents from car fires to vehicle rollovers and cars hitting stobie poles.

CFS appliances are staged at access points along each stage,which can only respond under the direction of race control,and cannot proceed against the traffic.
Images are copyright

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 08:28:51 PM »
Yeah I am a bit too far away to listen to the comms.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 08:41:58 AM »
So did anyone on here get any photos of incidents they attended at the Rally :-D
Images are copyright