Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2011  (Read 635094 times)

Offline senti@nt

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: RECRUITMENT 2011
« Reply #675 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:20 PM »
I can see that people are saying people have been notified about the second drill squad.  But has anyone here ACTUALLY been notified themselves? Or are we all running on heresay as usual?

Seems the second drill squad gets a lot more warning in prep for PAT2 than first drill squad...

Monger

« Reply #676 on: December 13, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »
I can see that people are saying people have been notified about the second drill squad.  But has anyone here ACTUALLY been notified themselves? Or are we all running on heresay as usual?

Seems the second drill squad gets a lot more warning in prep for PAT2 than first drill squad...

Not really, if you applied earlier this year then you were told approximately when the pat2 was gonna be months in advance.

Offline senti@nt

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »

Not really, if you applied earlier this year then you were told approximately when the pat2 was gonna be months in advance.

Eh true that.

I'm still wondering if anyone has actually heard themselves that they're in.  Just trying to keep my hopes up

Offline JLS

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Good luck to Thor, Tammy and the rest of the drill squad for tomorrow.

Offline ABS

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 16, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »

Yes I can confirm, my partner has been notified of second drill squad and has a letter confirming PAT2 date.

Offline senti@nt

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 17, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
No worries. Thanks for confirming that ABS

Offline Johnny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 19, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »

Yes I can confirm, my partner has been notified of second drill squad and has a letter confirming PAT2 date.

Yeah i was also lucky enough to be included in the next squad, pretty stoked  :-D

Offline triple j

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 19, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
Hi Johnny! have you been offered a position in the next squad or an invititation to contest pat 2?

Offline Johnny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:59 AM »
Hi Johnny! have you been offered a position in the next squad or an invititation to contest pat 2?

Received an invite to the PAT 2 & medical / Respiratory tests... not an actual position offering

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 20, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
All the best then Johnny, Hope all works out for you!

skip

« Reply #685 on: December 21, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
pat 2 starts on the 13th feb
drill squad starts 27th march

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 22, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
Hey Johnny, Have they given u a booked doctors appointment? Because i would think if they have then you would have to be a certainty... Good luck

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 22, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
Hi Ferret.. Do u know where all the graduates were posted too?

skip

« Reply #688 on: December 22, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
Hey Johnny, Have they given u a booked doctors appointment? Because i would think if they have then you would have to be a certainty... Good luck

everyone is advised of a follow up doctors appointment, it is only kept if you pass the pat 2.
good luck for the pat2 johnny, when is your test?

Monger

« Reply #689 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »
Hi Ferret.. Do u know where all the graduates were posted too?

2 to port pirie. Rest to metro.

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 23, 2011, 06:50:37 AM »
The old 2 to Port Pirie, how many over the last 10 years have gone to Port Pirie?

Offline Johnny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 23, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

Thanks Triple J!

Doctors appointment & Respiratory are booked in a couple days after the PAT 2 (assuming you pass of course)...

Monger

« Reply #692 on: December 23, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
The old 2 to Port Pirie, how many over the last 10 years have gone to Port Pirie?

Not sure on the numbers but it is a 5 year term up there now so instead of having brand new recruits every 2 years they have slightly more experienced people. Samfs want pirie locals to apply but Adelaide people are so desperate to get in a lot are saying they will go just to have a slightly better chance of getting recruited

Offline triple j

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 23, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
Ferret did they get put in a relief position or a permanent station?

Offline BT085

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »

Thanks Triple J!

Doctors appointment & Respiratory are booked in a couple days after the PAT 2 (assuming you pass of course)...

Well done johnny!! How old are u and how many times have u applied? Cheers

Monger

« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

Thanks Triple J!

Well done johnny!! How old are u and how many times have u applied? Cheers

Dont worry about age, there is 50yr olds getting in  :roll:

pumprescue

« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Several of the older guys are going to pirie, but its luck of the draw, they can't get pirie locals to do retained let alone fulltime, then again the fulltime crew treat retained like crap, so thats not surprising.

Monger

« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2011, 06:26:25 PM »
Several of the older guys are going to pirie, but its luck of the draw, they can't get pirie locals to do retained let alone fulltime, then again the fulltime crew treat retained like crap, so thats not surprising.

Maybe the Pirie "locals" who are applying are not meeting the standards that the MFS sets when recruiting full time applicants. If people who live in Adelaide are desperate to get in and tick the Port Pirie box then they can only blame themselves for a 250km drive a few times a week for 5 years. Pretty sure the 5 year term was meant to deter people from doing it but obviously not

Offline td

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 06, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
Hi all, I was one of the candidates that came out of the last interview stage with one of the "Stay Fit" letters. I've been following this forum and have read that some people who initially received "Stay Fit" letters have since been called up for the next round of tests. I unfortunately didn't receive a call up but was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on where to go from here. Is it likely that there will be another calling from this group, or is it more likely that the standard application process will begin again? Having said that though I still haven't received any further notification yet to say that my application is no longer valid. Cheers

flyonthewall

« Reply #699 on: January 07, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »
Posted on: Yesterday at 08:17:55 PMPosted by: td 

Hi all, I was one of the candidates that came out of the last interview stage with one of the "Stay Fit" letters. I've been following this forum and have read that some people who initially received "Stay Fit" letters have since been called up for the next round of tests. I unfortunately didn't receive a call up but was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on where to go from here. Is it likely that there will be another calling from this group, or is it more likely that the standard application process will begin again? Having said that though I still haven't received any further notification yet to say that my application is no longer valid. Cheers

Sorry mate but it looks like youv'e missed out. Sounds like there will not be anymore drill squads and next recruitment will be a fresh intake.