Author Topic: Murray Bridge CFS Truck Rollover  (Read 52369 times)

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Murray Bridge CFS Truck Rollover
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 03:07:17 PM »
Ha - funny you should say that - believe the Belair Pumper is going to Murray Bridge - will certainly look the part in the Bridge station!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

rescue5271

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
Yep wife called me on the phone to say that it had happened and that the guys where all taken to hospital.Hope all on the appliances are well and that the team at murray bridge come throu this as I am sure they will .... they are a good team up there. all the best guys

as for good food shops SAFA fuel naracoorte  great food,bakery at pinnaroo great pies-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

probie_boy

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 03:32:50 PM »

Maybe under the cercumstances the sturt group could find it in their heart to let go of belair pumper finally.

hope so.

regardless, best wishes to the M.B. crew, i worked with them at the murray bridge fire end of last year and they were still out fighting considering they'd been out there all day. good brigade up there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 10:46:20 AM by probie_boy »

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 04:04:33 PM »
I saw the truck on the news definatly a write off, it's very unfortunate these things happen. :cry:

It might kick the CFS into gear and get them their new appliance sooner we all know how te CFS can drag those things out. :|

My best to the crew on the truck and hope they have a speedy recovery. :-)
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
god you guys are talking some cr@p. how very considerate to turn a thread notifying people that an accident has occured into a thread bashing certain groups and talking about fast food. well done to all involved.

i have noticed that someone has posted pictures of the incident on the 'ozfire' web group, perhaps we can be more respectful here and NOT do so.

sorry, im just getting fired up.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 04:42:57 PM by medevac »

strikeathird

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »
Just saw it on the news !!

VERY lucky !   Thankfully they will be okay !

Don't know if they will use the truck again..

rescue5271

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:15 PM »
well said medevac

strikeathird

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 04:49:48 PM »
Do u forget ur comment on the pies blinky ??

Jeezz...

Saw a page noting the crew will have 24hours off.. Hopefully that means they are okay !! !!

Best wishes again !!

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 07:27:47 PM »
Would have been a horrible experience to go through, I hope all injured crew make a speedy recovery.  How very fortunate that the injuries were only 'minor' - although I doubt those involved consider their injuries as minor.

Were any crew on the external deck at the time, or all in the cab?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Different people react to these types of incidents in different ways.  Many will use humour to ride through stressful occurences - and it does help, sometimes.  Please always remember to be respectful to others when posting - especially when people have been hurt. 

I'm sure that all involved will be able to look back and laugh - eventually, even if not for a while.

It is a shame to see another Pumper bite it, having recently waved goodbye to ours.

It does present an opportunity to replace an ageing appliance - although not the best method to go about it.

To the MB brigade I say all the best and I hope you all recover quickly from your hurting, both physical and emotional.

Best wishes

Calspec

PF_

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:20 PM »
Medevac, the food thing was  just a small side track as for the bickering, when people come together to discuss anything it is sure to happen. 

Anyway enough of this, hope the Murray Bridge crew's kick some donkey and get through.

Just curious, what is wrong with posting pictures?  Would like to see what happened, channel 10 didnt show it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:27:55 PM by P F »

strikeathird

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 11:52:17 PM »
Calspec , according to the CFS person interviewed on Ch 7 news, there were members in both cab, and rear crew deck...

Goes to show why there are benifits of SITTING down on way to fire calls !!

Offline calspec

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 05:14:09 AM »
Just goes to show how VERY lucky they were.  To be on the rear deck, with or without seatbelts, and have the vehicle turn upside down without receiving significant injuries is, quite simply, filtered amazing!

Offline calspec

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 05:23:26 AM »
I can't see why photos should be a problem, as long as their discreet, and just like any MVA, avoid showing injured persons.

I would even suggest that the injured persons may take advantage and view the damage done, or at least take a look and think "gees, and we suvived that!?"

It would be a very different deal if the injuries were more significant.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 07:33:01 AM »
lets avoid ALL speculation and stupid comments on this subject.

Very good call medivac.
Lets treat this matter with the discretion it deserves.
There will be a report released im sure.

Until then, I wish all members of Murray Bridge the best, and hope the responding crew have a speedy recovery.

Just a reminder...

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 08:06:03 AM »
1909052 08:54:09 03-03-06 BELAIR 34P IS NOW OUR PRIMARY STRUCTURAL RESPONSE VOLVO WILL BE DEPARTING FOR MURRAY BRIDGE AT 10:00 TODAY FROM BC

Offline nomex_nugget

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »
Sounds like you have all the facts and have conducted your own investigation Robert, if not then maybe you should keep those opinions to yourself  :x.

How do you know something completely out of the drivers control didn't happen, maybe a dog or kid ran in front of the truck and he had to swerve out of the way to avoid hitting them.

I'm sure in good time all the facts will come out, at the moment though we should keep our judgements and theories to ourselves and hope that those involved make a speedy and complete recovery.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 08:19:13 AM »
robert you are an idiot and i suggest you stop posting.

firstly; you werent there and you dont know scheiße
secondly; your not a driver so how would you know how trucks react
thirdly; how the hell do you know who was and who wasnt wearing setabelts (its not even required for us as CFS responders to wear them)

and last but not least; you are a complete idiot and should kick your own donkey for laying blaim on other people when you have no idea what happened.

end rant.

Offline nomex_nugget

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 08:20:57 AM »
The news footage of this incident is now available at ftp://[email protected] with a
password of news. Just copy it from the FTP server and paste it into one of your directories, it is about 6mb.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006, 08:49:31 AM »
Robert - you have truely proved your pedigree!

Four fellow fire fighters were involved in a horrible incident that many of us (as drivers and officers)fear could happen, yet have been spared from it.

Then you, with your wealth of knowledge from age, operational experience, fire fighting experience, driving experience and responses have decided the facts, from your cosy lounge chair, 350km away in Kalangadoo!

You are truely an assett to the Kalangadoo community!

Offline calspec

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »
I don't what I can add, that Medevac and Oz-fire haven't already said.

Robert - not the wisest of comments.  Doh!

Look, this is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there has to be some limit of what can be said.

There may very well be a legal investigation into the accident, so be careful what comments are made here.  If you want to make speculative accusations, keep it to private conversations and not public forums.

Comments out of place will only get you in the she-it (filter that!) Although, I think Robert34 has done that already.

Internet forums are a dangerous place for the tactless.  Think twice before texting your thoughts.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 09:06:23 AM »
Well im sorry for all the trouble i have caused medevac but i havent done anything of the sort they are just my opinons only  :cry:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 09:14:19 AM »
Robert - WAKE UP!!!!!!

You speculated and made specific comments on what had happened - it wasn't an opinion - an opinion may be .... possible error, equipment malfunction - not the two half witted ideas that you wrote!

........ (takes deep breath counts to 20) Maybe, sit back, how would you feel, if from the comfort of our lounge chairs, offices etc we passed comment on your brigade, its functioning etc - without any knowledge, without having been there, without knowing any facts - it wouldn't happen ..... so before you put in your opinion - stop, take five and think about it.

If you have no knowledge in the area, don't write anything, not a word, just read the posts and learn - its safer that way!

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 09:14:54 AM »
Well im sorry for all the trouble i have caused medevac but i havent done anything of the sort they are just my opinons only  :cry:

KEEP 'EM TO YOURSELF

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 09:33:41 AM »
OK.

As has been pointed out already, the comments made were not the smartest idea in the world. However at this point I have to say that has been well and truely hammered.

Any further comment related to the preceding circumstances will be deleted, as will the original comment that started this side track.
Any comments relating to this should wait until after the investigations have been concluded. - same deal as the coronial enquiry -

As has already been stated
lets avoid ALL speculation and stupid comments on this subject.

Lets treat this matter with the discretion it deserves.

With these 2 points in mind, i dont see any probems with photos being posted and discussion continuing. But dont let it get out of hand.

Cheers

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 09:47:18 AM »
Mikes view is endorsed!