Author Topic: MFS Take Over  (Read 25990 times)

pumprescue

MFS Take Over
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:36:46 PM »
Hi there

I have noticed in various forum topics that CFS members (especially Stirling members) seem to have an issue with Mt Barker, they seem to want them to shut their doors, remember which brigade is between Glen Osmond and Mt Barker and is struggling for crew especially during the day.....Other CFS brigades dont want to push this Take Over or they can pack their bags as well. Yes Mt Barkers days are numbered but let the guys do the job until then.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: MFS Take Over
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
From an outsider to the politics of this situation and a person always interested in an opportunity.....DONT LET ANY EMERGENCY SERVICE VOLUNTEER BE LOST BY CHANGES....get them to transfer if needed...their volunteer experience would always be welcome in a USAR and other rescue roles...lost volunteers and their experience will always hurt South Australia in the longer term.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »
Andrew your right, the thing our fellow brothers don't realise is when they are screaming for help at a big job where is your back up, not coming from a service who wont leave their town, if you have bigger volunteer numbers in adjoining brigades you can have the support.

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:18:40 PM »
i think its sad in this day and age how some brigade will not come and help mind you they are only down the road and we should help each other. Now if my memory is correct it was not long ago that stirling brigade where asking for support at a council meeting about its future in that town????.. MOUNT BARKER keep up the good work....

Toast

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
I think frankly, you're a complete idiot.

Edit, to add some content: Care to point out where Stirling members, specifically, have an issue with Mt. Barker?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:38:39 PM by Toast »

pumprescue

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:42:34 PM »
Now Toast don't take that to heart buddy, I just laugh that Mt Barker brigade can still get bagged by fellow brigades even when they can get 2 trucks out the door fully crewed in good time to most jobs and stand strong against all the crap thrown at it recently

rescue5271

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »
Thats half the problem has stirling bagged mount barker or is there a rat in here???? We should all support each other no matter what the problem is....

Toast

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:46:01 PM »
I'm not taking anything to heart. I just don't like people who can't back up things that they say, especially when they point out specific brigades.

Mind you, the fact a brigade can get two trucks out the door doesn't mean a thing about their prowess on the fire ground  :wink:

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:48:03 PM »
:lol:

Toast

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »
I believe in the last thread, Mt. Barker MFS:
http://www.safirefighter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=53&topic=526.0

The two Stirling blokes I know of on here, along with nearly everyone else, were rather supportive of Mt. Barker? Not to mention the fact that they can crew better than most brigades out there...?

Oh pumprescue, what ARE you on about?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 09:08:27 PM »

^^pumprescue

ya got them mate, hook line and sinker... your mean ya know.

Toast

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 12:56:18 AM »
Yep, shitstirring on the internet... it's a great way to pass time  :roll:

rescue5271

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 06:27:03 AM »
It sure is but it may come back and bite you on the rear....

PF_

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »
Especially on this website which seems to get talked about a lot out of here and taken to heart.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »
let's get back to some constructive discussion. Accusation and negative talk is a bit too easy. It is very easy to bag people but I suggest we don't fall victim to tall poppy syndrome or tribalism.

Thread will be locked or deleted if we can't get friendly.

rescue5271

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »
Both service's need each other,if we look at MFS in mount gambier they call on the CFS for help alot as they did today with a house fire. It does not matter if they are full time or retain members we all can work as a team,Can't we????

PF_

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 05:43:10 PM »
red truck, white truck.  No difference if someone is colour blind....

WHy should there be a differnce to those who can see and perform just as well as each other.

Is the problem from the older members hwo grew up in the were different era cause it seems most dont seem to have an issue with calling other brigades, services.

rescue5271

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 09:26:49 AM »
PF: I dont think its a age thing its just that some sections of each service dont get along and its time they did.

PF_

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 12:14:25 PM »
Yeah I think oyure right.  By the way I wasnt insinuating all older people have a problem.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »
Well we had a pretty big house fire yesterday down here in the Mount. All of our red trucks were there and we needed help. We got Moorak and Compton CFS to the scene and Yahl for change of quarters. Everyone worked together well and we appreciate having the help down here from the CFS when we need it.

PF_

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 05:41:11 PM »
Is Mt Gambier going completely full time or just during the day time?

rescue5271

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 05:56:13 PM »
During the day only,but the reatin guys still have to turn out to all call outs...Is that correct athol?

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »
The full timers will only work Mon-Fri 8.30-4.30. Retained people will still respond to jobs as there is only going to be 1 crew of full timers. Outside of these hours and on public holidays will just be the retainers.

PF_

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »
Are they allowed to respond out of working hours if they want?

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 10:52:38 PM »
Pretty sure they are not allowed to because it would work out as a triple shift i guess.

work 8 hours then spend 5 hours at a large fire then go back to work the next morning i doubt they would be too happy
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org