Author Topic: BA`s  (Read 29012 times)

PF_

Re: BA`s
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
whats wrong with doing the whole course again?  Just refreshes some more than the refresher course.

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »
some people have work and families
life is easy when you are young and lots of time to play

Toast

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 05:23:46 PM »
There is plenty of time to do the refresh course.... its not like its a random thing.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24:25 PM »
^^Exactly

And it's a bit of an insult to someone who has done alot of BA jobs and they just get thrown to the scheiße heap because someone follows stupidly tight rules to the absolute letter.
And the CFS wonders why they lose members.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

PF_

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
thats fair enough.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:46 PM »
if theres a benchmark for fitness, then thats it, no flexibility as far as im concerned...

ever stop to think its for your own good? remember most FFs that die in the line of duty do so from heart attacks and over exertion... its not all flames and glory.

PF_

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
yeah some of CFS' fitness is a bit lax in some places but thats a whole new ketlle of fish which IM not interested in getting into now.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 05:47:55 PM »
LMAo i remember that thread.......  :wink:

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 06:46:28 PM »
I think the complaint is not that there's a benchmark, its that the benchark isn't a measure of fitness, its a measure of weight vs height...  

Hence the problem is that we're not only preventing unfit people from doing BA, we're also preventing fit people from doing it...

probie_boy

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 09:16:01 PM »
Well our two firies who missed their re-accred course the other weekend got a phone call the other day that by the time they do the one in october they would have to do the full course again. They politely told the person from region where they could stick it and said they wouldn't do the whole course again. Our GTO got hold of the R1 TO and all sorted now they don't have to do the full couse just the re-accred so all is happy again now.

I just think its silly that the CFS is willing to sacrifice experienced BA operators because they were going to be 2weeks out of date and make them do the whole course again.

But this is my opinion and i'm sure some will disagree :-D

hahaha, austen got torn a new one!

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 11:57:18 PM »
^^Actually Daniel was the one that got them back on the refresher, it was a different bloke that wouldn't let them do it
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Toast

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 12:04:40 AM »
Well our two firies who missed their re-accred course the other weekend got a phone call the other day that by the time they do the one in october they would have to do the full course again. They politely told the person from region where they could stick it and said they wouldn't do the whole course again. Our GTO got hold of the R1 TO and all sorted now they don't have to do the full couse just the re-accred so all is happy again now.

I just think its silly that the CFS is willing to sacrifice experienced BA operators because they were going to be 2weeks out of date and make them do the whole course again.

hahaha, probie_boy got torn a new one!

probie_boy

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »

hahaha, probie_boy got torn a new one!

it appears so. :cry:

Offline YELLOWS_2

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2006, 11:44:39 AM »
I work for the ambulance service and a vollie for the CFS. while on my ambo duties I have been called to more thinner people in BA than larger people so no one can tell me that larger people cant do BA I think that it should be equil rights. If you can pass the BA course you can do the job at hand.

Offline fire fighter kiki

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2006, 12:06:21 PM »
I agree with you there YELLOWS_2. It don't matter if your Black white pink or purple, Skinny Fat Short or Tall if you can do the job well go for it we are not here for a fashion statement hasn't any one heard of discrimination at all I personally know a lot of over weight people and they are fitter than average to under weight people any one is prone to hear attacks and heat exhaustion. next yous will be saying that different races colour and all that cant do BA or fire fighting shame on you. Larger people have an advantage over skinny people same with short peeps. some members in my brigade that are of what you call over weight I can trust with my life not with the skinny peeps.

"DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER READ IT FIRST" :x

PF_

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006, 04:53:11 PM »
If I saw a purple firefighter Id think he was quite sick and wouldnt let him in to do BA.

Relax and take that comment with a grain of salt people!

Toast

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2006, 06:44:10 PM »
If I saw a purple firefighter Id think he was quite sick and wouldnt let him in to do BA.
Relax and take that comment with a grain of salt people!
I'd think they were a member of 'Team Ladyboy'...

probie_boy

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
i second that.

seriously, what tool came up with that?

:-D :-D :-D

Manuel

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2006, 07:10:03 PM »
I want to start the Toast fan club, cos i love toast and know others that do :-D

rescue5271

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2006, 08:36:41 PM »
yellow2 well said and it would be nice that those of us that are cuddly could have the same rights as a paperthin member....

Toast

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »
I work for the ambulance service and a vollie for the CFS. while on my ambo duties I have been called to more thinner people in BA than larger people so no one can tell me that larger people cant do BA I think that it should be equil rights. If you can pass the BA course you can do the job at hand.
But to be honest, you dont have to be fit at all to pass the BA course. I guess it comes down to that lovely thing about fitness. We can't police it as a volunteer service, but it's really in everyones best interest to get fit, I mean, not only do you not blow a cylinder in mere seconds, but I don't put my back out when I try to haul you through a buliding :)

Offline fire fighter kiki

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 12:41:11 PM »
My mother has been in BA for 6 years and now they have brought in these new BMI stuff and she is only 5kg over the BMI and she has been told that she is no longer allowed to do BA, I have seen MFS in our area that are more than 5kg over the BMI how can they justify this? the CFS is a Voluntary service.

Offline YELLOWS_2

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2006, 12:50:51 PM »
My mother has been in BA for 6 years and now they have brought in these new BMI stuff and she is only 5kg over the BMI and she has been told that she is no longer allowed to do BA, I have seen MFS in our area that are more than 5kg over the BMI how can they justify this? the CFS is a Voluntary service                                                                                                                                                          WELL SAID I AGREE

Toast

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
My mother has been in BA for 6 years and now they have brought in these new BMI stuff and she is only 5kg over the BMI and she has been told that she is no longer allowed to do BA, I have seen MFS in our area that are more than 5kg over the BMI how can they justify this? the CFS is a Voluntary service.

How can they justify it? SAFETY

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »
Safety??????  Why is it that only South Australia is the only ones to use this way of justifying the BMI. When I spoke to a Doctor about the BMI he said CFS use the out of date way of checking the BMI it is Bogus.