Author Topic: BA`s  (Read 29013 times)

Offline The Assistant

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: BA`s
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2006, 06:16:36 PM »
You all need to realise what whinging tools you sound like, and making so many speculations and false statements for really no apparent reason, the BMI rule is a fair rule and it only ever bumps one or two people a year who are not overweight or obese but body builders and the likes. You seem to find the ones that whinge over these matters are the ones that fail the medical. The BMI level has been raised over the years also, and I think you will find that small petite people will be restricted by their doctors (with half a brain) also because carrying 27kg on a small frame can cause serious back problems. slag me if you like but if most of you look deep inside yourselves you know I am right.  
"Don't Double Dip the Spoon"

rescue5271

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »
We would not slag you,well this week but I think you will find that the BMI is a problem not only for us but for loacl doctors who dont have a good understanding of it. as someone has already said its out dated and SA is the only state that use it.WHY???????

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »
You all need to realise what whinging tools you sound like, and making so many speculations and false statements for really no apparent reason, the BMI rule is a fair rule and it only ever bumps one or two people a year who are not overweight or obese but body builders and the likes. You seem to find the ones that whinge over these matters are the ones that fail the medical. The BMI level has been raised over the years also, and I think you will find that small petite people will be restricted by their doctors (with half a brain) also because carrying 27kg on a small frame can cause serious back problems. slag me if you like but if most of you look deep inside yourselves you know I am right.  

Wow sound like someone is not happy jan.
You will see that the army use it but put you on the scale in undies not fully clothed like the Doctors.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 09:17:07 AM »
^^one would suggest your doctor isnt doing a very good job then.

@ the assistant - well put.

Offline fire fighter kiki

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

Your the one that needs to get a life mate I passed the BMI and I think its pathetic way of doing things so get your facts straight Mate. so I get to complian as much as i like HEHE. and Toast saftey huh They alow larger fire fighters on the fire ground wich is a great thing but your saying there not capibal to do BA how can thinner people try and save a larger member of the public? youll need heaps of them when if you have larger fire fighters doing BA it helps as you only need two people.....

Toast

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »

Your the one that needs to get a life mate I passed the BMI and I think its pathetic way of doing things so get your facts straight Mate. so I get to complian as much as i like HEHE. and Toast saftey huh They alow larger fire fighters on the fire ground wich is a great thing but your saying there not capibal to do BA how can thinner people try and save a larger member of the public? youll need heaps of them when if you have larger fire fighters doing BA it helps as you only need two people.....

Ok, first of all, A) Stop posting drunk, B) Get a dictionary or go back to year 6, and C) There needs to be an upper limit on size for BA operators for the safety of not only themselves, but for the other operators that go in with them. I came in at a BMI of 28, under the limit yes, but I know that my buddies would have a hard time pulling my 100kg/6ft self out of a buliding. I dread to think  what it would be like trying to pull out someone who hits 35 or even is over that. I agree that the way the BMI is calculated (Height x Weight) is silly, as has already been said short, muscley people have issues. At the moment, its the easiest and best way of introducing a rough guideline.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »
If the BA straps fit around your guts then your right to go i reckon... :-P :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline YELLOWS_2

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
If the BA straps fit around your guts then your right to go i reckon... :-P :lol:

i agree 200000000000000 % mundcfc  :-D :-D :-P

Offline fire fighter kiki

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »
Ok, first of all, A) Stop posting drunk, B) Get a dictionary or go back to year 6, and C) There needs to be an upper limit on size for BA operators for the safety of not only themselves, but for the other operators that go in with them. I came in at a BMI of 28, under the limit yes, but I know that my buddies would have a hard time pulling my 100kg/6ft self out of a buliding. I dread to think  what it would be like trying to pull out someone who hits 35 or even is over that. I agree that the way the BMI is calculated (Height x Weight) is silly, as has already been said short, muscley people have issues. At the moment, its the easiest and best way of introducing a rough guideline.

Get over your self mate A)I dont drink so im not drunk.... B)Grow up I dont have to learn how to spell or go back to year 6 i can do what I like when I like your not my parents  C) HAHA

Toast

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

Get over your self mate A)I dont drink so im not drunk.... B)Grow up I dont have to learn how to spell or go back to year 6 i can do what I like when I like your not my parents  C) HAHA

God forbid I want to try to make sense of the shite you're posting.  :roll:

"youll need heaps of them when if you have larger fire fighters doing BA it helps as you only need two people....."

WHAT?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:27:41 PM by Toast »

PF_

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »
dont circumvent the language filter

Toast

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »
dont circumvent the language filter

Hahaha, Im not!

Offline Smallflame

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2006, 10:38:28 AM »

Thinner people can't drag someone out? I can think of 3 smaller, and 2 quite petite people from our brigade alone who make fantastic BA operators.  Size has very little to do with strength, in fact, one of our smaller (and quite young) blokes can run (and lift) circles around a couple of the older, bigger blokes. You see people built like brick dunnies who can't move a whole lot at all, and smaller, wiry people who could put most others through a wall. I'd trust some of them MORE in a situation that required wearing BA in anger, and would probably get more time to play than if one of the bigger blokes with a dodgy fitness level blew through their cylinders in the 10 minutes or so it takes some of them  :-D

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »
I think people need to settle down, we are not here to put others down we are all here to do the same, and do the best that we can do with the available equipment at the time to the best of our ability :wink:

The life that they save may be your own :-D
Images are copyright

PF_

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2006, 12:34:51 AM »
but what it Mr or Miss Imobese has a heartattack dragging you out and you nearly die and they nearly die.  Not a good impression it will leave you with.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »
The same thing can be said for Mr, Miss or Mrs Skinny fit and healthy has a heartattack dragging you out.

Oh thats right you wont die they are fit and healthy so all is fine. Yes there needs to be a bench mark for your BMI but also so could we have different levels of CABA wearers.

Toast

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »
The same thing can be said for Mr, Miss or Mrs Skinny fit and healthy has a heartattack dragging you out.

Oh thats right you wont die they are fit and healthy so all is fine. Yes there needs to be a bench mark for your BMI but also so could we have different levels of CABA wearers.

What do you mean by different levels?

PF_

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2006, 04:30:31 PM »
there is a higher chance the Obese family will have a heartattack before the Fitandhealthy family that is just common sense and obvious.  

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2006, 04:41:25 PM »
No fact say no matter how fit you are you can have a heart defect, so I look at it as you all can have a heartattack. I have known more fit and healthy people with heart problems. We had a person fit and healthy done CABA passed but died with a mass heartattack.

different levels of CABA could be if you are out in the open but a lot of smoke around you can put on BA and not much hard work is needed.

Manuel

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2006, 04:43:14 PM »
OH dont get me onto fitness,

it is stupid to say you see fit people have heart problems, well i am sure that unfit people are more likely to have heart problems.

PF_

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »
maybe we hsouldnt send people in because a piece of timber could fall on their head and knock them out or a brick wall could collapse and squash them.  Come on, there is a lot higher chance of Mr or Mrs Fatarse of dying or havign heart problems.  Different levels of BA wont work.

Manuel

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2006, 04:50:15 PM »
HOW ABOUT A REAL FITNESS TEST.

it can include the BMI, but also have physical guidelines

PF_

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
beep test!  :-D

fat % test.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2006, 04:56:17 PM »
Mr or Mrs Fatarse of dying or having heart problems.  Different levels of BA wont work.

Sorry but I take offense to the way you said that. It should be not up to people like you who have a dis like to fat people. It should be up to the people who make it a volunteer services. :x :x :x :x

Just wondering how many members have had a heartattack while in CABA?

Manuel

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2006, 05:02:14 PM »
by any chance backburn where you a unfortunate one who could not do BA?