Author Topic: Delays between MFS calling out CFS  (Read 25551 times)

Manuel

Re: Delays between MFS calling out CFS
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »
There were probably three CFS brigades who were closer to the tree fire, than Lincoln MFS....  :cry:

On a slightly different topics, firefighter kiki mentions that working with the MFS wasn't so bad, the two services worked together well etc etc...that is good to hear...it is a pity that so many on this forum publicly bag both the MFS and SES, without having ever worked with them.

While in every service, (CFS included) you will always find a few people who are a pain to work with (or impossible to work with) however the bulk of people are good to work with.

MFS & SES members, and perhaps even members of the public / interstate services reading through this forum must wonder about the relationship between CFS and other service - I am sure the perception amongst many, from reading this forum, is that CFS as a whole hates MFS and SES, and that MFS & SES are just a bunch of arrogant idiots, according to CFS. 

This of course is far from the truth - but when anyone challenges the negative comments about other services, the standard answer from those posting the comments is "we were only joking"

CFS has tried hard in recent times to show ourselves as a professional service, with members who behave in a professional manner.  Publicly bagging other services is definately not professional.

Obviously there are genuine issues that arise between the services - delays in responding relevant services is one of those, - which can be discussed, without the discussion ending up as a bag MFS session.

Perhaps a little professionalism from some posters could be quite helpful, rather than the dribble that has been coming out lately.

Pip
Getting off soap box now

:-)POST OF THE MONTH :-)

Offline fire fighter kiki

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »
Where do you hail from fire fighter kiki

I aint tellin no one nuffin like that its for me to know and every one else to never know put it that way!! sorry  :-D

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »
Where do you hail from fire fighter kiki

I aint tellin no one nuffin like that its for me to know and every one else to never know put it that way!! sorry  :-D

KIKI on the Dukes Highway I reckon :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »
or from KI ( with a stutter)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »
LMAO :lol: :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 09:24:23 PM »
Long way for MFS to be responding to those two places :wink: :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »
10:16:05 06-10-06 PRIMARY ALARM, I1: FIP, RENMARK HOTEL, MURRAY AVE, RENMARK
10:29:09 06-10-06 MFS: RESPOND Private Alarm 06/10/06 10:28,RENMARK TOWN,RENMARK, MAP 0 0 0 ,,BACK UP RENMARK TO FIRE ALARM AT THE RENMARK HOTEL,609*CFSRES:

Intersting anomaly - with a CFS brigade 3 km away, who would you respond and in what time frame?????
PS - Renmark to Berri approx 20km
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »
Funny thing is if there was no river in the way it would only be only possable less than 1km. If you had the power or pressure Paringa CFS could have stayed on there side of the river and squirted the water straight across.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »
10:29:09 06-10-06 MFS: RESPOND Private Alarm 06/10/06 10:28,RENMARK TOWN,RENMARK, MAP 0 0 0 ,,BACK UP RENMARK TO FIRE ALARM AT THE RENMARK HOTEL,609*CFSRES:

Intersting anomaly - with a CFS brigade 3 km away, who would you respond and in what time frame?????

Says a lot about their database doesnt it...if they are not available nearest fire service(Paring a CFS should have been responded for sure)
Notice the gap in default....obviously not 4 Minutes for MFS :evil:

1918616 10:16:05 06-10-06 PRIMARY ALARM, I1: FIP, RENMARK HOTEL, MURRAY AVE, RENMARK
1918616 10:22:31 06-10-06 STN 61 EMERGENCY PAGE
1918534 10:35:48 06-10-06 STN 60 EMERGENCY PAGE

Would have hit the fan if it ended up being a going structure eh :-o
Images are copyright

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2006, 02:27:11 PM »
mmmm its the 'tribalism' as some have mentioned in other posts...

i mean; how many times do we see groups sending only there own resources, when neighouring groups/brigades would be much quicker....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
Yeah it's funny isn't it, the first willunga fire this year and they were pulling brigades from everywhere but Mt Compass just 7km up the road wasn't called until our group strike team was 2hrs after it started that scheiße's me to tears.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Ports

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2006, 06:28:52 PM »
The reason Paringa wouldn't have been responded in the first instance to that particular call is that they don't have a pumper. The second arrival appliance at such a facilty usually goes straight to the booster which ideally you need atleast 500gpm if not 750gpm pump.
So they therefore responded the nearest pumper along with 4 g'teed BA crew.
Just on the Port Lincoln MFS responding to the tree fire. The Port Lincoln MFS were paged to the said tree fire however the call was passed onto CFS by the first arriving firefighter to the MFS station in under 5 minutes and the MFS did not respond appliances.
Sometime incidents given as Lincoln highway come through to Port Lincoln MFS. The Port Lincoln MFS were even paged to a car fire on the Lincoln highway which turned out to be 5km out of Port Augusta.
My point : scheiße Happens.
99.99% of the time there is no malice intended they are simple mistakes.   

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »
What booster???

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
Have had a few calls recently where the MFS havent called us until one of their appliances have done the deed even though it was well into our area.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2006, 10:14:30 PM »
Paringa has a 34 appliance and is listed as an EMA brigade on the promo site :-P
Images are copyright

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »
If it was a fire obviously first priority would be rescue, so a closer CFS appliance with 2 BA ops (as backup) would be more important than another pumper perhaps.

Offline Tone7

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2006, 12:53:29 AM »
There were probably three CFS brigades who were closer to the tree fire, than Lincoln MFS....  :cry:

On a slightly different topics, firefighter kiki mentions that working with the MFS wasn't so bad, the two services worked together well etc etc...that is good to hear...it is a pity that so many on this forum publicly bag both the MFS and SES, without having ever worked with them.

While in every service, (CFS included) you will always find a few people who are a pain to work with (or impossible to work with) however the bulk of people are good to work with.

MFS & SES members, and perhaps even members of the public / interstate services reading through this forum must wonder about the relationship between CFS and other service - I am sure the perception amongst many, from reading this forum, is that CFS as a whole hates MFS and SES, and that MFS & SES are just a bunch of arrogant idiots, according to CFS.  

This of course is far from the truth - but when anyone challenges the negative comments about other services, the standard answer from those posting the comments is "we were only joking"

CFS has tried hard in recent times to show ourselves as a professional service, with members who behave in a professional manner.  Publicly bagging other services is definately not professional.

Obviously there are genuine issues that arise between the services - delays in responding relevant services is one of those, - which can be discussed, without the discussion ending up as a bag MFS session.

Perhaps a little professionalism from some posters could be quite helpful, rather than the dribble that has been coming out lately.

Pip
Getting off soap box now

Funny you say that Pip,

the tree fire at Lincoln was 30km out of town the funny thing was there was a full crew standing in Lincoln shed just waiting for that call of course we range R6 to let them know.... But nothing... but then the information was incorrect and tumby went.

On the fire phone we normally receive calls for MFS FIRE and we take down all the detail and then dispatch MFS FIRE VIA SOC which communicate via them direct.... when they receive a call like that they dont care that its our area and just piss off to the job and ring us when they get to it... if we started doing that to them it would be world war filtered 4..

I cant wait until they put out a tender to take over SACAD for all services.  it will happen soon..

I will say our working relation ship with Lincoln fire is getting alot better and there has been alot of dual responses.  Just them idiots up in Sadelaide Fire that need to get off there soap box... 

Real funny story ... i went to light an incinerator out the back, did the right thing contacted SAPOL, contacted local Station officer at Lincoln mfs, told the neighbours and rang mfs comm cen and they told me i needed a permit to burn in the town and told me if i light up they would send the truck around... they got told very quickly... for paid staff not to know the rules.... makes me wonder if they actually know what they are doing....

BUT at the end of the day everyone keeps 4getting we are all here to do the same job and that our Core Task is "Public Safety" We all have the same minister!  Really at the end of the day i don't care what colour overalls are working next to me.

Im a dual member of two services.
:-)

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2006, 08:49:45 AM »
I cant wait until they put out a tender to take over SACAD for all services.  it will happen soon..

a tender? you've not heard then that MFS Comcen is going to be doing it.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2006, 10:01:22 AM »
From what I understand,there is a requests before the minester that the safecom cad be run by a independent group,not cfs or mfs but something on the lines of VICFIRE. Now I can see the MFS would be upset about this as they would have to find new jobs for those members who work in firecom but they could apply for the positions and retain there government pay and entitlements if that is how it was to go. Now from what was said MFS are at the moment doing the paging for some brigade but there are still delays as we all know in them paging cfs/ses/ambos...... I say bring on an independent call center like VICFIRE but please dont give it to intergraph how they stuffed it up in vic/qld....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »
If it went to an independent centre, each service will still maintain its own Comms - after all, the SACAD system is about call receipt & dispatch, not what happens once the individual services get on the road.......

So, presumably, current staff will not be loosing their jobs....
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2006, 10:11:24 AM »
most of the fellas in MFS Comms are offline FFs anywho arent they?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2006, 10:23:12 AM »
I take it that you mean they are on workcover???
blinky bill
my view only

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2006, 10:44:45 AM »
I wouldn't say offline, many are there by choice and still attend incidents in 2090 when required.

For most it would be a case of returning to operational duties.

Offline Chucky

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »

Says a lot about their database doesnt it...if they are not available nearest fire service(Paring a CFS should have been responded for sure)
Notice the gap in default....obviously not 4 Minutes for MFS :evil:

1918616 10:16:05 06-10-06 PRIMARY ALARM, I1: FIP, RENMARK HOTEL, MURRAY AVE, RENMARK
1918616 10:22:31 06-10-06 STN 61 EMERGENCY PAGE
1918534 10:35:48 06-10-06 STN 60 EMERGENCY PAGE

Would have hit the fan if it ended up being a going structure eh :-o

Berri is back up to Renmark in this case because Paringa do not have enough BA operators, and is SOP within SAMFS. (Berri are fairly quick to get to Renmark also, they don't stuff around).

It is SOP for Berri to back up Renmark for almost every type of call, as I have already mentioned this is SOP set by powers above. Paringa also have a fair distance to cover to the border, they don't need to be pulled out of their area unless they are really needed, although saying that they were called out Monday last to assist in a scrub fire and Berri change of quaters to Renmark. So it's not as if they don't ever get responded into Renmark, it's all about response coverage, training levels (CFS) and SOP's.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »
Berri is back up to Renmark in this case because Paringa do not have enough BA operators, and is SOP within SAMFS. (Berri are fairly quick to get to Renmark also, they don't stuff around).

Thats funny I know that Paringa have 8 Hazmat operators. They even have members that do BA and not Hazmat.

Berri took over 10mins to get a crew, then it would be and then another 10 to 15 mins to get there.

Well thats the info I have heard anyway.